Thanks

Question PainterX Weaves Trouble!

Sooo,
    I am trying to use the weaves in PainterX but I cannot get them to display on my image no matter what brush I select or weave I select.The help tutorial doesn't seem to shed any light on this problem. I guess I need to know exactly which brush to select to get the weave to draw. I thought it would be the pattern tool (brush) but that is not working for me. Any suggestions? Thanx in advance.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    A couple of ways I can think to use a Weave are:

Fill:

1. Open a new Canvas and use either Effects > Fill, Fill with: Weave, or click the Paint Bucket tool and on the Property Bar, choose Weaves from the Fill: drop down list.

2. If you want to fill the entire Canvas or Layer, just click on the Canvas or Layer.

3. If you want to confine the Weave to a selection, make the selection, then click inside the selection to fill it with the Weave.

Paint with a Pattern Pens variant or another brush variant set to Clone Color:

1. Open a new Canvas and use either Effects > Fill, Fill with: Weave, or click the Paint Bucket tool and on the Property Bar, choose Weaves from the Fill: drop down list, then click on the Canvas with the Paint Bucket tool.

2. In the File menu, choose Clone Source, then in the flyout menu, check the file name of the image you just filled with the Weave.

3. With your working image active, begin painting with one of the Pattern Pens variants or another brush variant set to Clone Color (click the Clone Color icon at the bottom of the Colors palette).

#
    Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks

Weave Solved

Thanx so much,
    That is exactly what I was wanting to know. Not exactly how I expected it to work, but that's how it is! And back to work I go.