The King's Children

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The King's Children

I felt the old picture needed a ton of work and I just felt like starting a new project. The perspective may be off a little, but I feel I'm going on the right track now that I've been practicing and using some different settings.

The King's Children

The King's Children

The King's Children

Whoops, too lazy to try and reupload, so here's the redone crown.
    The King's Children

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's looking really good and coming along nicely so far. The only thing that stands out to me is that the larger queen alien seems to be closest to the viewer but then you see the smaller alien in front of her which, to me at least, creates a bit of a depth problem. I think f you pushed the overlap of the two more it might help give a better sense of depth.

Hopefully that makes sense!

You are a level 8 ninja and even though you have a lot of weapons sometimes your ninja moves are your most powerful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvertone View Post
    It's looking really good and coming along nicely so far. The only thing that stands out to me is that the larger queen alien seems to be closest to the viewer but then you see the smaller alien in front of her which, to me at least, creates a bit of a depth problem. I think f you pushed the overlap of the two more it might help give a better sense of depth.

Hopefully that makes sense!
    I don't think I quite under stand. Maybe you can give me an example of pushing depth and which aliens you are talking about. Thanks for the crit, I think it'll help a lot, although I may not understand it completely.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi RealDraggor, Hopefully this helps to get my point across a little better...

I was just talking about the relationship between the two colored areas.

Try to push the overlap between the larger alien and the smaller aliens a little more. Maybe you could bring the larger head forward into the picture more, maybe even having some drool from the larger alien dripping down between the two smaller ones.

Also, the hand in the lower left corner, who does it belong to? That's a little unclear.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    You are a level 8 ninja and even though you have a lot of weapons sometimes your ninja moves are your most powerful.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.