comments and/or critiques please
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: comments and/or critiques please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

comments and/or critiques please

just a warrior, designing this guy to be a more hand to hand combat warrior(not done yet) Possibly will get modeled, but Im looking for c+c on illustration, color, lighting, environment, design in other words...everything, please.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    his left arm looks a little broken , and i really dont like the beard i think he looks beter without it .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to m.liban For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good. You might want to reconsider some of those bright rim highlights, particularly the one on 'his right' boot. That sharp bright area really draws my attention. There also seems to be a problem with the way that boot interacts with the ground plane. The light on the edge of 'his right' hand bothers me as well as it seems make his hand look more 'knife-edged' than round.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to N A Johnson For This Useful Post:

Razorleaf is offline "Moving Forward" each and every day :) Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Except for some highlight touch-ups this one is close to completion. I'd like to see the area near the lava edge given some stronger contrast and some attention given to his shadow. I'd also like to seem some kind of interaction with the background. Since the area of void of life add something like a few small eddies, just enough to add some depth to the background.

"Creativity emerges only when the imagination is given the freedom it deserves."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Razorleaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by m.liban View Post
    his left arm looks a little broken , and i really dont like the beard i think he looks beter without it .
    he's right, there should be more of the shoulder armour's surface of the characters left arm visible at that angle. The (character's) left fore arm muscles should terminate more along the line leading from his wrist to the character's tricep rather than right at the bicep as it currently is.

"Today, a young man on acid, realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sig.NAL For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In addition to everything above regarding the arm and all, I'd like to add that I think the torso looks very flat, especially where that back plates come into view. His forearms also suffer a bit of this the way they're rendered. Nothing appears to be casting a shadow on anything else, and I would think that his left arm ought to be casting one from all the light it's receiving.

Also, and it's more of a personal preference, but I think you ought to rethink his calves. It's common to give bulbous humanoid calves to creatures with animal-like legs, true, but I tend to think it looks quite awkward and impractical to walk with. Look at a hoofed animal's hind leg; it's mostly tendon below the knee, rather than muscle. Like a bunch of pulleys.

Bit of a nitpick, sorry.

₪ "Yes, Gamera is powered by farts." -Roger Ebert ₪

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zweit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No variance of edges. Everything is really hard and stiff here... he looks cut out.

"She took the ice cube trays out of the freezer. What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    LOOK AT MY DEVIANT ART PAGE!
    LOOK AT MY FINALLY FINISHED PAGE!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Quigleyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you guys very much for all the crits. I have attached a little reworked version of some of the things you guys mentioned. Although I am having a bit of trouble with the "broken arm" comments, Im afraid Ive been staring at this for too long...if anyone would care to draw a line or point out what is being said ...It would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Attached Images Attached Images  
    J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.