comic page colors WIP
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: comic page colors WIP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

comic page colors WIP

Hey everyone, hope everything is going awesome with you guys! I've finally started to color the pages for my comic book, and was looking to get opinions on how the coloring is turning out, and if I should adjust anything. I'm really unsure about my coloring style, and it's something that I'm working on.

About the picture: I have taken all of the crits from the past threads about the pencils and have adjusted them here. The car is a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse, with a shine street carbon front bumper and razzi side skirts/rear. It will also have a carbon hood, and has depo projector headlights. I mention this because in the last thread, there were questions about what kind of car it was. I've tried to include as many details as possible with it, but you know, sometimes you miss stuff lol. As far as the coloring process, I'm going to be adding some more colors to the body to show the sun's gaze, the ground, etc. I'm also going to be adding reflections in the final, as well as textures for the ground. Any thoughts on the progress so far though?

Thanks guys for all the help!

*after looking at the preview, I also see that I have to adjust some things on the side skirts, too. Damn. lol

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like it's coming along nicely but you'll definitely need more crisp reflections in the paint. Also, I assume the car is parked next to a curb but the curb only looks like it's a few inches high and almost no depth near the rear tire. Maybe take out the curb altogether?

You are a level 8 ninja and even though you have a lot of weapons sometimes your ninja moves are your most powerful.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Silvertone For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

thanks

thanks for the heads up silvertone! i hadn't noticed the curb not having enough depth, i'll be looking into fixing it...i might take your advice and just remove it altogether. the final paint will have reflections, i'm saving it until the "finishing touches" stage so i can make sure that the paint looks the way it should in general...thanks for the help! here's a quick update:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.