Art: Looking for videos of Reference -> Sketch process
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Looking for videos of Reference -> Sketch process

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Looking for videos of Reference -> Sketch process

I've been buying downloadable videos that have been helping me out quite a bit, both as inspiration and as a learning tool.

I've found myself at a bit of a blocker and was wondering if there are any videos out there where someone will have a side by side reference / drawing, and show how they sketch based off it?

I guess basically, I'm reading about "seeing" as an artist, but there are certain situations where I'm not sure what to do. And if I look at other people's pencil sketches I can sort of see what they've simplified and what they've focused on.

I've seen some sketch videos and while helpful, I'm not able to see what it was being based on (mostly because it's from the artist's mind, but I'm not there yet )

Best case I'm looking for is a side by side / step by step of the early stages (coloring and stuff is easier for me to pick up without a reference because it gets more "realistic and focused on details"), and if there are videos that do more than one subject, maybe like three or four quick sketches based on reference... possibly focusing on people but I'll take what I can get.

Current Artist Level - Straight up begginer
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To everyone viewing and interested... Keep an eye out, if nothing is posted in here I'll see if I can find something and post it in the tutorial section.

Maybe there's a request section for Massive Black videos that I should have looked for, I'll post a request later too.

If anyone runs across something, feel free to post it in here as well, or directly to the tutorial section. Should this thread be moved?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thankyou

These video's of him are great, certainly along the lines of what I'm looking for. They give a bit of insight to how he's starting the sketches, and when he decides if a line is good enough to move on in these stages.

awesome, thanks again

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.