Color problems

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Color problems

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Color problems

I was working on a picture (in Painter IX.5) when for no apparent reason the color seemed to shift a little on the entire canvas, and now even if I select a color currently on the canvas with the eyedropper tool, when I try to paint it's a different color from the sample I took it from, which is easily apparent when painting over previously colored areas. Has anyone else encountered this problem or have any ideas on how to remedy it?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've had that happen, but i have no idea how to remedy/avoid it. I usually have a previous version of my file i can reference the desired colors from and bring the file into photoshop to tweak color ranges, hues and values. Of course that doesn't really solve your problem since it requires a completely new program, but it's all I've been able to figure out on my own to approach the problem

"Today, a young man on acid, realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianShane View Post
    I was working on a picture (in Painter IX.5) when for no apparent reason the color seemed to shift a little on the entire canvas, and now even if I select a color currently on the canvas with the eyedropper tool, when I try to paint it's a different color from the sample I took it from, which is easily apparent when painting over previously colored areas. Has anyone else encountered this problem or have any ideas on how to remedy it?
    Is it possible that you inadvertently clicked the Impasto icon in the upper right corner of the image window? Or, did you choose an Impasto enabled brush variant?

If either was the case, it would enable the Impasto layer (Impasto lighting and depth) and automatically change the lighting over the entire image.

#

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.