Sketchbook: Tea's Sketchbook ...of DOOM - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Tea's Sketchbook ...of DOOM

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you lemming, glad someone noticed my little sketchbook.

Arms and hands from imagination.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Tea of Doom; December 22nd, 2011 at 10:48 PM.
    Sketchbook

A creative artist works on his next composition because he is not satisfied with his previous one. When he loses a critical attitude toward his own work, he ceases to be an artist. - Dmitri Shostakovich
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a quick environment to start off this morning.

Sketchbook

A creative artist works on his next composition because he is not satisfied with his previous one. When he loses a critical attitude toward his own work, he ceases to be an artist. - Dmitri Shostakovich

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Imagination is probably one of the better ways to start a day. IMO, it helps to get you thinking. Definitely keep at the color and ref-less work. Your observational skills are gonna start paying off pretty soon.
    BTW, about the powdered graphite, I actually did end up glazing with an 8b. It works out pretty nicely. It gets a little bit of grit, but that's not anything that can't be solved if you want it differently. Thanks for the help!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're welcome lemming, and yea i'm definitely gonna be doing more of those in the near future.

2 other pieces. David's eye and a still life.

Sketchbook

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tea of Doom For This Useful Post:

Izi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What did you do between September and December -- because your art made big jump! Naked man sketch is very good (also naked woman) I liked your king speech pic (first one) too, that cathedral sketch in #14 is one of your best.

You posted a lot of quick life drawing sketches, some of them you only focused on the outline of the figure, I wonder why that is, but those are old and maybe you use different technique now?

Keep working, this is a good start

P.S - everything since december is v.good - the garlic is the best! tastes good too

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Wholewheat_keyboard View Post
    What did you do between September and December -- because your art made big jump! Naked man sketch is very good (also naked woman) I liked your king speech pic (first one) too, that cathedral sketch in #14 is one of your best.

You posted a lot of quick life drawing sketches, some of them you only focused on the outline of the figure, I wonder why that is, but those are old and maybe you use different technique now?

Keep working, this is a good start

P.S - everything since december is v.good - the garlic is the best! tastes good too
    Thanks Wholewheat,

I'm a full time art student now, have been doing lots and lots of drawing in the last few months. ( the fast life drawings were done before that tough)

I usually try to focus on getting my proportions right first during life drawings ( hence the lines), I render if I have time left to do so.

Here are 2 pieces from this morning, tried to make up color. First one is more earthy, other one has some darker values. Still, I feel like some colors are out of key and that I should make more studies and advanced b/w thumbs before proceeding to color.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    #25 is a great environment study, you have a whole range of values in there.

Your anatomy studies are fantastic. I recommend doing a few more head studies in order to have them catch up to your torsos.

Keep it up! I wanna see mooore

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for dropping by man!

Nice progress! Your hands from imagination look a lot better than mine. The still-life looks really good, although I would like to see some more hard edges. The whole piece has similar kind of edges which makes it look kind of soft. Maybe try to emphasis the hard edges in the areas of reflections.

I was going to comment some of your values on the previous page's thumbnails but it seems they're already working alot better in your recent enviroment. Still might want to do some studies focusing on just values. Thumbnails are pretty good for that but I've also felt like it's pretty helpful to do studies on those. What I've done a fair amount is that I'm doing a black and white study of a photograph that is in colour, just trying to get the values right and not worrying about the colours. It can be pretty eye-opening.

"What does it mean to be an artist? It's constant, unrelenting, everlasting failure. That's what it is. You have to be really tough to take it." -Carl Larsson

Skethbook! | Deviantart! | Blog!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's quite an improvement right there! Keep it up man, your renders seems awesome. And maybe push those values a bit further in your digis.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have seen your SB ...

Your progress from first to last pages are awesome!
    my compliments O____o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great improvement man especially on values.
    Those last studies are very well executed i think.
    Focus on more well defined lines maybe.
    Keep up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, I didn't expect so many replies. Thanks everyone.

@Kuddlekins. Yea I totally agree about the face studies. That's been on my list for a while now

@Kvenh, Knut. Thanks for pointing the edges out to me, I definitely agree with you on that. Also, Kvenh, your value exercise seems really interesting, I'll definitely try it out.

@Telohs, Michael_Greco Thanks.

Alright, so here are 4 more peices form today. 3 enviro studies and 1 enviro from imagination.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff, you've come a long way over the last couple of months! I really like those enviros from your last post, and the still life from a few back.

Your anatomy's improving rapidly too, though it looks like you need to spend some time working on heads/faces; in your figure drawings from early December they're by far the weakest part of otherwise pretty great drawings. Eyes, especially... remember to construct the area around them, and that they're 3D just like everything else; they all have a sort of pasted-on look to 'em, very outlined.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes Rev, I totally agree about the face studies. I'm planning to do some skyrim fan art pieces with characters so those will come in handy. Anyhow, some quickies from ref/imagination. I tried to spend 20 min on each.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought i'd post my EOW wips here. This week's subject is : arctic desert shipwreck.

In retrospect I think that I should have spent more attention to my first thumbs, because there were many things that i had to correct during rendering. Also, I could have played wiht textures more, my piece still has a cartoonish feel to it that I don't like.

Anyhow, here is the concept text: It has now been six and a half days that the carcass of the USS-Intrepid was lying in the middle of nowhere. The water that had occupied the ballast tanks had frozen to the point of breaching the hull, and the adverse weather conditions had only worsened the situation.

The remaining members of the crew had managed to build a camp at the foot of the wreckage. Out of provisions and with only one signal flare remaining, the four men were now considering their last move.

Sketchbook

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tea of Doom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok so, looking back at the posts for the EOW this is what comes to my mind: my enviro SUCKS. Boring flat composition, lack of texture, conflicting light sources, cartoonish rendering. Some serious stuff I have to rework.

New items on my task list: study textures, more enviro thumbnails, brush efficiency. Also have to do some character concepts, don'T know how i'll fit all that crap into my schedule.

But enough ranting, here is a sketch of an old man from a local cafe.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi matey

I just ran by to have a look at where you were before I started shooting my mouth off in the W.I.P. section about the submarine image.
    I really like the still from the "Kings Speech" that is seriously good, some of the other environments are nearly there too they just need that extra push to give them more depth and focus.
    All in all matey this is a good start and a promising SB, thanks for posting and all the very best to you.

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some figure studies from ''The girl with the dragon tattoo.''

The first two are quick 1 hr light studies, the last two are more finished pieces.

Will probably post more head studies later on today. ( hopefully)

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've watched how you have improved, it is very inspiring!

As artists, we have to learn to see.
    Sketchybook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks snippet,

Torsos before I go to sleep.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This stuff is seriously good, I will be stalking you for an autograph in no time at all matey, that bottom torso is simply brilliant very well done.

now get off your laurels and paint some more! LOL!

all the best to you

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey wow thanks for the compliment lightship,

Some back studies from ref and invented poses from imagination inspired by Matt Kohr's skb.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon

Quick doodle from this morning, tried to make up a pose from my imagination.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Enviro from this morning and a life drawing from some time ago.

For the enviro I tried to work zoomed out as long as possible to better grasp the focus.

Concentrated on anatomy and structure for the life drawing.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bladerunner screencap study from this morning ( Someone on the forums provided the caps but I don't rememeber who. Tell me and I'll gladly give credit.)

Thumbs for the current EOW: debris field.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Morning speed painting from imagination (40 mins).

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A quick enviro and 3 thumbs. Alright...now I have to get back to that EOW I started earlier.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is the final thumb as well as my finished entry for the last EOW.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A few charcoal sketches from this morning, also my wip for the current ChoW.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wip for the current ChoW. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to finish /submit a final version.

Sketchbook

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 90