Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Eow 100 Epic!

Thanks
    Bloody hell i've been camping out in my user CP waiting for an old thread to be bumped with news of EOW100, cant believe im 2 days late!

This sounds like an awesome round, but im really going to have to shift some priorities about to join in, and im not sure if i can without being a week down. We'll see.

Its been ages since i read something which would be applicable to this project too, damn. The closest thing ive got in recent memory is 'The Raw Shark Texts' - which would be a lot of fun, given its conceptual nature, but i dunno if it would count, its not really 'epic'. Gonna have to flick through my books and see what would stick before i commit x_x!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    chaosrocks, may I do enviros based on John Bunyan's The Pilgrim's Progress? It's got some interesting environments.

Thanks
    chaosrocks is 1984 by George Orwell ok?
    VatselArt@Gmail.com

Vatsel.com

Facebook page . Twitter

Thanks
    hm...now I am still pondering...
    but thanks for confirming the Bible as a possible theme, chaos. It's vast with ideas but environments aren't that specifically described. Also, it might get a little one-sided.

I also thought about

- Neverending Story
    - Journey to the West (chinese tale)

Vulgar, you have some appealing topics there as well!

thanks for the deadline extension!!
    --(-)|dE--

portfolio

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 633 Posts
    Bible= just off the top of my head 1. lion's den (Daniel), 2. Tower of Babel 3. Jericho 4. Sodom & Gomorrah 5. Garden of Eden 6. those pillars Samson knocked over 7. the flood 8. Mt. Calvary 9. Red Sea (parted) 10. the mighty buildings all fallen down (Mark 13)

I think the Bible is lush with environments.

Thanks
    Hidey I was trying to brainstorm any samurai era legends but I couldn't think of any. A Chinese tale sounds cool, you'd do good with it. By the way, maybe you could futurize the scenes of the bible if chaos allows it.
    Join us for the EOW.

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

Thanks
    Sounds interesting, but I have never read a book. So... I'll, I dunno what I'm gonna do... I'll jus try to take a existing movie and do alternative environments for it, harder that way, but I won't read a whole book, that's for sure.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kenjitsu View Post
    Sounds interesting, but I have never read a book. So... I'll, I dunno what I'm gonna do... I'll jus try to take a existing movie and do alternative environments for it, harder that way, but I won't read a whole book, that's for sure.
    why not do a childrens book

Thanks
    I don't read books either, but I do know the Moses epic. I guess most people know it. That's what I'm going for at least.

This EOW is epic btw.

Thanks
    chaos, I would like to change Salvatore to Stanislaw Lem's books - probably it will be "The Star Diares", a speculative fiction book with light surrealistic athmosphere. I think it will be much more interesting than ordinary fantasy with elves and monsters. And challenging, too!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tonic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for deadline extension Chaos! I'm nearly done with listening to a princess of mars .

Are we required to post WIPs?

Thanks
    chaosrocks you are so nice.

In other news...thanks for the feedback and I am trying to go in a different direction with Alice

I'll stay true to the general descriptions in the book...im not going to go all Gothic on it...its been done. I haven't played the game, but Ive seen some of the images so ill stay away from that 'dark' look. I'll definitely not to go too Disney bright colours either...although Im a HUGE fan of Mary Blair's colouring designs which are one of my biggest inspirations...hmmm tricky...I think I know where Im going with it visually...I think?

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 Times in 1,790 Posts
    Lem's Star Diaries would be so cool if you could pull it off, Tonic. Definitely epic...
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    No idea if I'll have time for this, but if I do I'm going for Atlas Shrugged. Art deco skyscrapers, heavy smelting equipment, the Rocky Mountains...

Thanks
    Here's an epic for approval:

The Great War of Ancient Egypt

You've never heard of it?
    Here's an overview:
    The Upper and Lower Kingdoms of Egypt are on the brink of war. Peace has existed between the two peoples for over a thousand years based on trade and shared honoring of the sacred river Nile. But in the temple stronghold of Karnak, a new power has emerged. The daughter of a local fisherman, named Ra Ta, calling herself Isis Amuntek (daughter of Isis) has captured the devotion of thousands, claiming a direct lineage from the God and speaking of horrible catastrophes seen in visions unless Egypt is united under her banner. The established King of Upper Egypt and of the holy stronghold of Luxor, Annead Aud, escaped during her uprising to the safety of allies in Lower Egypt, where Isis Amuntek's forces hold less sway. Through a treaty with Tefnut Amun, existing lord of Lower Egypt in the coastal stronghold of Tanis, Annead Aud amassed an enormous army to wage the first war between Upper and Lower Egypt in more than a thousand years.

Will it fly? I really want to try to do ancient Egyptian scenery.
    Thanks.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast