Sketchbook: Ater's journal

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Ater's journal

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ater's journal

Rewriting this for a better introduction, basically whoever sees these feel free to give any criticism, ive been in a drawing rut for a long time and need to force myself to draw out of it, but i want to do it by also improving, I dont know where to begin and how to improve my artwork, so hopefully my artwork that i post in here will help line out what i need to improve.

but more imprtantly i hope you all enjoy these.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ater; May 14th, 2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: rewriting introduction i guess?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is a quick sketch i did for someone

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its sounds like you r kinda like me. and making a thread on this forum is probably a good way to start.

im no pro... but something ive recently started to discover and still am is trying to work on the human anatomy and am gonna start to do part by part of the body. it has been mentioned to others and to me that andrew loomis' stuff is great to work with.

but really i think its a personal thing in where you want to begin. more self discovery. hopefully what i have said can put you on some sort of path.

about ur work u posted.. hard to really judge wat u r capable of coz i havent seen much. but i like the second image (needs work proportion-wise but i wont crit to harshly on that style). the style is nice. post more

Check out my SKETCHBOOK ...looking for helpful advice!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    for one of the challenges, i just couldnt think of the posing so i drew out a horrible rendition of what i hadin mind. as well as other stuff

basically my idea went down with this

Deadpool: "Wow! Never knew I had a brother"
    Spawn: "Wade? your interrupting my ignoring you"
    Deadpool: "Cmon we'll be crime fighting ass kicking brothers"
    Spawn: "we're not brothers wade"
    Deadpool "but we share the same birthmarks"

mmyep

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've got some really wonderful lines going on in your sketches - that's really awesome that you're describing whole shapes with single lines (like in the little curly-ques on top of Spawn's cape)

All I can really offer at this point, wihtout seeing much more of your work, is to pay attention to your proportions. That guy in your first post looks to be about 10 or 11 heads tall, where in real life people are generally 7 and half heads tall. 8 or 9 heads are sometimes used in comic books for more heroic, massive characters.

Also, the crotch is generally about halfway up the body, your guy has no room for organs or anything in that tiny torso. Your proportions look a lot better in your spawn drawing, though, so I guess ignore that if the crazy proportions are intentional.

Keep up the awesome linework, I love your flowing lines.

Got a couple minutes? Help me improve!
    My Sketchbook | Finished Illustrations

Elsewhere on the web:
    Behance | Deviantart | Steammachines | Mcthrill.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can see what you mean by the first post, and your right he is tall,and out of proportion.ill be honest i never understood the head thing i always remembered where the body parts were aligned with the torso, it is sorta intentional to give the exaggerated look but i can always touch up on my proper anatomy to be able to exaggerate it but also make it look believable. so defiantly thank you for posting and i appreciate the feedback. and I hope i can find things to sketch to show on here so i can improve.

right now I'm in that block phase.sigh. but ill force myself to draw! and ill try and use the challenges which is what I'm aiming at right now. and hopefully the more i add to this sketchbook the more people will be able to assist me with what i need to improve.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Challenge for snorkle man. while also throwing in some random doodles.mmmyep

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm alrighty for belial it was a sketch my friend suggested since i asked him what i should draw, the cute evil is taken from a challenge wear something demented has a cute tshirt, i never saw he had to wear one, so wear he got it, not sure.

the alien skull was another challenge where someone holds up a alien skull, and thought itd be intresting showing the eyes behind the skull, but relised the skull was to big for the head behind to see through both holes.

something beautiful - another challenge, it was saying draw something beautiful within something ugly, and figured newborn children were beautiful, and think about it. seriously, think about that.

edit: image was way to big for my liking so i cropped them all to fit better

Last edited by Ater; May 14th, 2009 at 06:28 AM. Reason: picture was to large for my taste

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is actually one of the assignments for this tut right here
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81332

i did the self portrait but i drew it on iscribble, and i added little extras , sorry if its to small

My journal,please check it out and heavily crit, even go as far as what youd like to see just to see what i should improve on
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...40#post1996540

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmnmm i did this out of memory for the most part from what i remembered from this drawing the figure book thingy, but i didnt mean to make it look like min woo hyungs art style but since im a fan of his work i use to try to imitate it when i was younger, now im trying to develop my own style.

be helpful if i uploaded it

My journal,please check it out and heavily crit, even go as far as what youd like to see just to see what i should improve on

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    okay uhmm i was using a don seegmiller tutorial through this, and i know its very rough, but i was actually please with it. and i also know the hair is very off but..as i said i was proud...feel free to crit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just laying down the colors. another one im proud of oO

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For awhile i was trying to think of a steam account icon, and during one of my studies of learning skin tones i came up with this, I know theres alot of flaws but overall I enjoyed it..and its my new steam account icon for the time being..The reference was Ville Valo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well this is a character I have and reason why its so small is because its for steam XD

Last edited by Ater; January 26th, 2010 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Going to revamp my sketchbook XD

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.