P.O.W.! Challenge 15--Final Poll

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for one entry only...

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angel Intheuk

0 0%
  • Arttorney

3 15.00%
  • Farvus

0 0%
  • Hideyoshi

3 15.00%
  • Kmadden2004

1 5.00%
  • llothcat

0 0%
  • LogicINK

0 0%
  • Oni Rem

0 0%
  • Redfrog

13 65.00%
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Final Poll: P.O.W.! 15: The Messenger

WOW! We've got nine entries this trip. Thank you all for that... Some were in pretty rough form, but I've included anyone who made an attempt and had at least the two-page minimum. We also had some great starts by three others that were only one page, so I'll post them in the "Unfinished Challenge" Thread. Congratulations to everybody who fought their way through to the end. The voting will be open for roughly two weeks. Vote for one artist, and just to remind you--the theme is "The Messenger," with any interpretation you felt appropriate to your story. The art could have been either black and white or color, so don't let that sway your vote.

Artists are posted in alphabetical order...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Angel Intheuk...

Attached Images Attached Images      
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Arttorney...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Farvus...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hideyoshi...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kmadden2004...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    llothcat...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LogicINK...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oni Rem...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Redfrog...

Redfrog's pencils were so complete that I've included all four here just so we could see the process...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very tough voting. I like them all because they each have a unique character and something in their favor.

Redfrog and LogicInk and Oni Rem have action and yet it is different action expressed in different styles. llothcat had the most interesting treatment of the bag mixup; much more interesting than the sedate way I had written it.

KMadden is totally funny and so is Angelintheuk.

Hideyoshi and Farvus insert grim emotional content each in a distinct style.

This edition of POW comes pretty near to being a monthly anthology magazine. It's roughly finished here and there, but then there wasn't a full month either, I think, in the making of it. (33 pages!)

Last edited by arttorney; October 30th, 2008 at 04:41 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arttorney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very tough voting. It's great the way that everyone stepped up to the plate when there was a danger that POW would be cancelled. I really, really want to be here - but I just can't get a driver for my scanner that works with Vista. You guys who covered when I couldn't - serious props. This was an awesome round, some of the best POW! materials ever seen here.

Angel intheuk - looks like some interesting stuff, but the mix of hand-done and computer-done text is letting you down. You need some more time and space to tidy, tidy and complete this.

Arttourney - I like the way you went with this. The colours sit well in it, and it's pretty nicely drawn. I wouldn't have made the out sized first panel on page 2 - messanger puts document in bag - I feel it should have been cut to the same length as panel 2, and let the bottom panel have it's full space.

Farvus - almost got my vote, and in every narrative way, this is the most satisfying of the POW!s. You don't need to finish this out for the story to be clear. Great stuff. Great style as well.

Hideyoshi - great style, one of the most accomplished-feeling of this challenge entries. Not enough here to grab my vote, but you're a busy guy. I'ld love to see the next couple of pages, you know?

Kmadden2004 - Your stuff just gets better and better dude. This is the best yet. The conversation between the roof guards is a classic. Didn't quite scoop my vote this time, but maybe next time.

llothcat - I like this, but it's unfinished. Feels a bit flat, like the perspective work you've done is a bit forced. Keep up the practise.

LogicINK - When I saw the first page of this in the WIP thread, I thought it looked too rough to carry forward. But with the few pages I acually think it works pretty well as a piece. Roughness suits zombies I guess.I don' think it's a great piece, but it's a good piece.

Oni Rem - I like this, but I think it needs to be even more elaborate and gothic, with every surface and item covered in detail, saving the near white bg's just for emphasis, like a Warhammer comic. I'm sure that's the kind of thing you'ld do if you had more time. I'ld like to see this more finished.

Redfrog - This is awesome work. You got my vote. Your finished pages are so slick, man. So slick. But I love the pencils too. You probably would have got my vote for just those.

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donalfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some fantastic entries people! this was a lot of fun!
    Great to see all the different interpretations and styles.
    Really hard to pick a fave as they are all so unique.
    This sort of challenge is a great idea!
    Count me in as a regular!

Craig Bruyn
    Concept Artist / Toy Designer
    Melbourne Australia

My Sketch Thread

My Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the crit donalfall

Some amazing pieces on here... Redfrogs is my favourite..great style and story

But oops! I didn't realise mine would be put on as a final.. I shamefully abandoned it as I ran out of time. Then had an idea to do another one...which I'm gonna spend more time on and post on my sketchbook. Was really inspiring to try this out I'll definitely try more (and finish them..ahem!)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.