Funny things clients have asked you to do...

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Funny things clients have asked you to do...

This is more graphic design than illustration/art, but I recently had a client that wanted the front of their building in a flyer I was building for them. They were clear they wanted the sign in the photo. So they sent me a photo, and there's a big tree blocking half of the sign. "Oh well," I think, "it's what they sent me so I'll use it." They get their proof and I get a call from the client, where he's complaining that he can't see his sign. "It's the photo you sent me to use..." I say. "Can't you photoshop out the tree?" he asks.

Apparently people think Photoshop is nothing short of magic, capable of plucking out objects to reveal what is behind them. I had a similar experience with a client who wanted to remove two people (who took up a rather large amount of space in the photo) to show the building behind them.

Who else has funny stories of clueless clients?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not a client, but when I was in a Computer Art class in uni the gal sitting next to me was constantly bugging me to say how good she was (she was a "professional photographer") and how smart. Even when I would wear headphones to give her a hint, she'd pull on my arm to get my attention. Anyway...one day she got a straight-on picture of a chair off the internet and asked me how could she get photoshop to rotate it so she could see the TOP of the chair. I just kinda of stared in disbelief ("photographer," remember?), but before I could recover she set about showing me how she was using the free-form rotate and couldn't figure out which CW CCW or degree would show her the top. It took me a really long time to convince her that the image was 2D and there was NO WAY to do that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirana View Post
    Not a client, but when I was in a Computer Art class in uni the gal sitting next to me was constantly bugging me to say how good she was (she was a "professional photographer") and how smart. Even when I would wear headphones to give her a hint, she'd pull on my arm to get my attention. Anyway...one day she got a straight-on picture of a chair off the internet and asked me how could she get photoshop to rotate it so she could see the TOP of the chair. I just kinda of stared in disbelief ("photographer," remember?), but before I could recover she set about showing me how she was using the free-form rotate and couldn't figure out which CW CCW or degree would show her the top. It took me a really long time to convince her that the image was 2D and there was NO WAY to do that.
    ha classic
    seems like a lot of people just dont understand how we do what we do... yea!... we still have a purpose!

sketchbook

looking for work! pm me

blog!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Probably the funniest exchange I ever had with a client was when a pompous suit asked me, "You'd like me to jump out that fuckin' window right about now, wouldn't you?"

I answered, "No, I'd actually like you to go with me to your bosses office so I can grab your nuts in one hand, your jaw in the other, and THROW you through his fuckin' window."

(We were on the 12th floor--his boss was on the 36th floor...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "I want one of those cool pictures of people with lines all over them!!"
    "You mean like a 3D wireframe..?"
    "...what?"
    *facepalm*

"Sadly, most artists prefer to give the elite their attention."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was just thinking about making a thread like this but I don't have any stories because I've never had any clients. Didn't want to look like a moocher.

Though one time my dad did want me to draw him a picture of a table (a diagram of a worktable for his boss I think) directly from the side, but somehow has all 4 legs visible.

I love my dad.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.