Art: NEED HELP WITH 3ds MAX!!! PLEASE HELP!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question NEED HELP WITH 3ds MAX!!! PLEASE HELP!

Hey ya'll! Ive been posting over at the 3d forum with questions about how to use ZBRUSH, I have figured some things out, and now I am extremely curious. LOL!

I see how easy it is to convert from ZBRUSH over to 3ds MAX, but, I want to know how to animate what I brought over.

Everyone at the 3d forum is telling me I should create my character in 3ds MAX then take it over to ZBRUSH to add textures and stuff. But I admit, my skill set is not even close to be able to model like that. So until I learn, I find it easier to construct it with ZSPHERES.

I guess I need to add some bones to the thing I imported... But to be honest, I dont know where the heck to start... Please help

I am completely new to anything 3d, CG, and animation, but I am loving what I am learning. SO! PLEASE, if you have any little tips that have to do with anything with ZBRUSH or 3DS MAX, I WANT TO KNOW!!!

Thank you very much everyone!
    "The Renaissance Man"

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The best thing that you can do is read the help files in 3ds max. max has the best tutorials and help files that i have ever seen for any software. just go to help and type in anything you want to learn. it will teach you how to model an entire chess set, you can make fire, fog, learn to unwrap, everything that the software allows you to do is in that help file. it is possible to teach yourself the entire program by just reading all the help and tutorial files that come with max. but if you still cant find a specific thing then you should head to google for some tutorials. start with a goal, ie: i want to model a person. and then search google for 3ds max modeling a person. some good sites for tutorials are tutorialized.com, 3dm3.com, 3dtotal.com the list goes on so just rape google until you find what you're looking for. but dont head to the internet until you read the help files. they'll make all the diffaerence

look at my scribbles

here
    My Sketchbook

or here
    My Deviantart

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I went all over youtube and the tutorials within the software, I cant find anything on how to animate a file from ZBRUSH...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the three things that you need to learn are: bones, rigging, and skinning.
    that is after you have imported your mesh from zbrush to 3ds max.

http://www.spoono.com/3ds/tutorials/tutorial.php?id=7

here is how to make bones.

if i were you, i would first start by learning how to model in 3ds max first. you need to learn how to make a model with a good poly flow if you want to make things other than zspheres.
    zspheres are very handy, but dont let them cripple your modeling.

remember, once it is imported into 3ds max, you no longer have to deal with zbrush, so don't look for trying to animate zbrush models on the internet. look for animating a mesh in 3ds max. you only used zbrush to make your model. max is what will do the animating.
    so look for building bones for your model, rigging them, and then skinning your model to them. then you animate the bones and the mesh will follow the movements.
    and i am pretty sure that if you search any of those in max, it will teach you how to do it. i will check later tonight when i get home, so i will let you know exactly later tonight.

look at my scribbles

here
    My Sketchbook

or here
    My Deviantart

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alright, so go into 3ds max,
    click on help,
    click on autodesk 3ds max help
    then click on the search tab.

now search "bones" and learn

1. bones system
    2. Skin modifier
    3. bone editing tools rollout
    4. skin morph modifier
    5. ik solvers
    ...and just about anything else you want to learn.

look at my scribbles

here
    My Sketchbook

or here
    My Deviantart

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.