Thanks

Painter 9 wacom pressure issues

Hi everyone, just last month I had to reformat the ol CPU due to viruses, I have noticed since then when I try and sketch in Painter 9 the wacom pen pressure seems not to be working. When placing strokes I only get a flat solid line, no matter how much pressure I apply. I once had this all set up to my likenesses. Since reformating I havn't installed any Wacom stuff though...because my cd's are in another province. But I didn't know if Painter would still read my wacom or not..Sorry if this is a stupid question ha. If I need the disks in order to get her working properly I will send for them. Thanks.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'm pretty sure you should just be able to dl the new wacom drivers from the wacom site and that'll take care of the sensitivity problem.

Thanks
    DL'd the Drivers, seemed to help do something, its working kinda, I still ain't getting the outcome I used to get before the format, ha, maybe it takes more fiddling in Painter itself, not sure. I also remember I had a Wacom icon on my desktop where I can go in and mess with settings in there instead of in Painter. When I first bought it, I just plugged it in and started painting right away, never messed with anything...seems like something is different. If you have any more ideas, or if I just need to mess with it, I dunno, ttyl.

Thanks
    Hmm... At this point I'd say try messing with the tablet properties as far as setting up your tilt sensitivity, the feel of the tip, pressure sensitivity, etc. and go into painter and set up your brush tracking for the wacom pen (should just be able to do it from the main startup screen in painter.) See if that helps any.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli.../1172175832666 Here's a page on what Brush Tracking looks like in case you need help.

http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=421

I wish wikivid was still up, it had a lot of helpful basic tutorials on Painter's interface.

Thanks
    Thanks for the replys, I did notice after i installed those drivers, that Wacom icon I was looking for is now there, and I notice I can edit pressure and brush strokes within there as well as in Painter. Sweet! I think everythings back to normal ha see ya around