Stright line strokes dont connect?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I'm using the painter brush tool set to line and none of my corners meet.

It seems to happen with some brushes and not with others.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there a way to change this behavior?

Sigurd

Last edited by Sigurd; October 24th, 2008 at 11:25 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    I'm using the painter brush tool set to line and none of my corners meet.

It seems to happen with some brushes and not with others.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there a way to change this behavior?

Sigurd
    I'm going to give you some correct terminology to express your message in a way that others who may be able to help you can understand:

"I'm usng the painter brush tool set to line....."

State the specific name of the brush category and brush variant you're using and the correct term is not "line" but Straight Line Strokes" if that's what you're using. If not, you'll need to say you're holding down the Shift key while painting the brush stroke to constrain it to horizontal or vertical strokes, or 45 degree strokes.

Without this info, it leaves us making guesses which can waste both your time and ours.

I'm going to guess you're using Straight Line Strokes (box checked on the Property Bar) or enabled by clicking the V key).

To have your straight line strokes connect, you'll need to click at the beginning of the first stroke, click where you want the first stroke to end, click again where you want the second stroke (at another angle) to end, and continue doing this for each following stroke painted at a different angle, then to connect the ending of the last stroke to the beginning of the first stroke, click, hold, and drag to place the ending exactly at the beginning of the first stroke. While you drag, you'll see a thin "wire" indicating the angle and length of the last stroke.

To begin a new straight line stroke in another location, click the V key again and continue.

The results will depend a lot on which brush variant you choose, so testing will help you save a lot of time.

Here are the results using four brush variants from only one brush category:

If this doesn't answer your question, please post again and be more specific. If you think it will help, also post a demo image showing the problem.

#

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.