Art: A few of my sculptures

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A few of my sculptures

Hello Everyone
    I've been a member here a while, but I like to lurk around forums before posting, but I decided I'd like to get some input on my sculptures. I'm actually a BFA student in painting, but sculpting is what I do on the side so I don't get any real intelligent critiques or anything on them like I do my paintings.
    Please let me know what you think (I know my subjects are pretty cliche, I'm looking to broaden my work)

(from oldest to newest)

A few of my sculptures
    3 years old
    A few of my sculptures
    2 years
    A few of my sculptures
    2 years
    A few of my sculptures
    1 year
    A few of my sculptures
    1 year
    A few of my sculptures
    1 year
    A few of my sculptures

A few of my sculptures

A few of my sculptures

A few of my sculptures

They're done in a variety of mediums, mainly polymer clay but also air-dry clay and epoxy putty. Painted in pastels or acrylic, or enamel.
    Most of these are sold and gone, so there's not really anything I can do to them now, but if anyone has any tips or pointers I can apply to new work, please share!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, this is great work! I like the serpent the most, the shape of it is awesome. Your unicorns are also nice, how do you get the hair to stick?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, those are totally awesome! I really don't have any crits...they all are great especially the Irish Elk and the serpent! The horses (unicorns) aren't anatomically like real ones, but that is okay...I really do like the stylized look. Hope to see more from you.

-Mike Cross

Sculpting Thread|My Website| DeviantArt |My Blog
    -Also on FB and Twitter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my gosh! These are fabulous. I love the way your imagination works. Beautiful work. Nice pictures, too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have seen your work over on deviant art and I have always admired your sculptures especially your storm dragon sculpture and the pair of gryphons

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks everyone
    I must say, I was nervous about posting over so I'm glad I have some positive comments
    Mad Cross- yeah, I feel more comfortable with the unicorns to sort of do whatever I like with them. The first is actually a Kirin, I based it off of an Elk pose (though not an elk.) The red one I tried to get sort of realistically horse-like but it probably didn't work out too well. I tend to invent facial anatomy according to what looks nice. The pretty white one was based off of a few illustrations (from "Unicorn Sonata") so it's totally off. I guess the last few are the most anatomically realistic I've managed thus far. I guess what I'd really like is to make them very realistic BUT not horses. I need to find a way of combining deer, goat, and horse anatomy in a realistic way... I'll try that next!
    Yaqulek- Yeah, I do like DA because I know a lot of people there and it makes a good place to just dump everything you make, but so far as honest feedback goes, I get little there.
    taurn7- I use Fabri-Tac glue. I've tried so many glues and that's the best for the job, after it dries it takes a lot of effort to pull the hair back out, plus when it dries it doesn't show that much (though I try to make sure it doesn't show at all)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.