Page 10 of 194 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Training montage- Updated January 20th 2013

Thanks
    it´s amazing how you manage to hold that amount of work per day!
    your doing fine! your anatomy studies are good! you´re getting there!
    about time to really dive into color! I think you like´ll a lot=)

keep rollin´man!! cheers
    ••• Φ •••

Nettle_Mountain - walnut - SamC - Walid D - Nrx - Dilated - FraserMcT
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey wow! You're doing very well! Especially since I notice improvement on one single page. I love how many sketches and drawings your doing. It both inspires me and makes me guilty that I haven't done as much.

Keep it up, keep it up! You're goin' somewhere with all this, definitely.
    "Looking for critiques! Any help is appreciated."

Thanks
    Yeah, when you're working on a weak point, simplify the subject. Don't try and render a human from a weird angle and imagination if you can't paint a simple pose from reference, start basic and work your way up lol. Plenty of progress though, those apples are good considering you only just got a fully functional tablet Keep putting the hours in!

Thanks
    that last apple is looking better. It looks pale though (still) but its much better then your last attempts. you study is coming along nicely, please continue with these before trying to draw from your head (i know its tempting) this just makes it faster for you to learn. Which means the faster you can start drawing w/e you want.
    My observational skills may be great but I said nothing about my drawing skills

Art Station
    Working Years
    My Blog/Tumblr
    College Years
    Highschool Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    bigfooTrooper: Cheers man. No idea where to start with creatures though Will get down to your SB, it's been a while.

SkytheArtist: Thanks, to be honest I don't know what else I'd do with my time

Man Made God: That's a good point lol I think I'll do some studies first Thanks

My57: I couldn't disagree more, if you can't immediately apply study from your head then what did you learn? I enjoy drawing from mind too much not to. Which area of the body should I work on now, I feel fairly sound with the rib cage, but it could be better I'm guessing? Legs are such a weak point, So is female anatomy...I pretty much just answered my own question >.<

Yesterday's stuff. This is the traditional work I did, could have done some study I know My leg lengths are very weak, I need to improve that but I'm not sure how.
    Pose came out wrong, so I edited it a bit LEGS!
    Attachment 534169
    LEGS!
    Attachment 534171
    FUN
    Attachment 534172
    Doodles
    Attachment 534174

Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 716 Posts
    Hey mate, just dropped in here, seeing as I say you were one of the young'ns. I gotta tell you, a lot of people give you praise, and that is deserved, you are 14, which is a young age to start doing this at, but that is a good thing. I like your enthusiasm for art, and your guts to stick with this, but there are a couple of things that you need to look into.

First of your lines, they are very dull, so try and get some life into that, try and mix it up a little. I would like to see some more coloured stuff, so do studies, sort of like the the ones Algenpflegler did in his early pages. You should also try and get into more design elements, seeing as that would help with you understanding of forms in spaces and what not.

Second, you need to stay the hell away from white. Seeing pure white being put into a painting, or people using it for an element to blend through, it kinda makes me sad, because that means they have no studied their Itten and the other colour theories.

Thirdly, and this is the important one, don't rush to much, be calm, and work on your weak areas. Bring a small SB with you everywhere you go and just draw like crazy, be a kid, like most of the rest of us and just keep doing this stuff, and befor you know it, you will see improvement!

Cheers

-E

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mischeviouslittleelf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    *sigh*

yes i know drawing from your head allows you to apply what you have learned, but i can assure you the more you study anatomy and copy it the more your head learns it and it sticks with it. Meaning the more studies done means more your brain learns how everything works meaning that the drawings from your head will become better.

Trust me on this. i used to be waaaaay worse then i am now before the summer (2008, for future reference) then i used my 2 months on the human body study. And bam i got to this to this level (well a little worse since ive gotten better since September)

so bla bla bla, thats all their is to anatomy. Study. Boring crap i know, but that also doesn't mean you can't draw from your head once in awhile.
    My observational skills may be great but I said nothing about my drawing skills

Art Station
    Working Years
    My Blog/Tumblr
    College Years
    Highschool Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    doing good, just try to make some anatomy studies then and then, will look forward what you cook for sunday
    MY SKETCHBOOK IN BIG LETTERS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=116474
    COMPLETE LIST OF THE FORGOTTEN SKETCHBOOKS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1992378

Thanks
    Mischeviouslittleelf: Thanks, great crit. I PMed you about some stuff I wasn't sure about.

My57: Ok, sorry man. Will do some studies.

Nettle_Mountain: Will do Sunday..that's tommorow D: I can't draw creatures for shit

Morning painting I feel quite good about this piece, which probably means it's rubbish lol I can never get the glaze from my pc screen right

Attachment 534980

Thanks
    I went out for a bit today and did some shitty speed-drawings. The reasons these are so rough is because they were moving, and my pencil was reaallyy blunt. Other drawings are just meh. I tried painting a roast chicken, but it didn't turn out too well D: I went into detail too early.

Attachment 535291

Attachment 535292

Attachment 535293

Attachment 535294

Attachment 535295

Attachment 535296

Attachment 535297

Attachment 535298
    I AM AWARE THE LAST LEG IS ULTIMATE TARD!
    Attachment 535299

Thanks
    Please comment a spoon from life. Really got me thinking about what colours are really there, instead of it all be grey.

Attachment 535653

Thanks
    Hey, nice to see you're improving in colors, and the last digital piece is quiete good But for the spoon it's different. I think you really have to work on a bigger canvas ( around 3000 pixels ) and set your opacity and flow on pressure sensitivity to blend correctly.
    Now, I know that there are some members who are always painting an object on a white background, but I don't think it's a good idea ! You know, a color itself is nothing without another color ! When I started to paint what was around my object for the first time, I was amazed to see that my painting was better than usual, because my lights and shadow were better rendered! When I was painting my object in a blank background, I was thinking in term of colors. Now, I think more in term of light, shadow, reflected light, and other things, and my painting were more alive ! So keep it up ( and sorry, I won't call you kid anymore )

Edit : The prometheus|ANJ's tutorial is awesome, here is the link : tutorial
    Last edited by kikindaface; December 7th, 2008 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks
    Very young and very talented Keep drawing!

Page 10 of 194 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast