Results 1 to 5 of 5
October 23rd, 2008 #1
this is what I'm currently - some suggestions/ crits?
so this is what I'm currently working on it's done withour refs until this stage
and actualy started with playing around with different silluets...
and before i go finish this I'd like to hear crits.
Gear and stuff
(and probably a fitting overall color suggestion gor it's not going to stay grayscale)
so feel free to tear me appart as far as this point allows
EDIT: close up has more details, it has been added afterwards
Last edited by Adrian Wilkins; October 23rd, 2008 at 06:57 PM.
Hide this ad by registering as a memberOctober 24th, 2008 #2
I really like this, others must have simply missed it.
I don't know if you're using pure black for the dark areas, but it sure is dark and I don't think there would be that much contrast in such a setting.
I'm not sure about these gestures of figures in the background. You definitely need other team members for his flag to make any sense, but they need to fit into the environment well.
For colours, he looks pretty aggressive so we should probably go with red.
flag = red
armour = dark red
recess armour padding = dark grey
hair = dark blonde
clouds = dark yellow, light grey highlights
sky = dark blue
the gun handle looks too long, lighting should shine on his leg too. It will also get to the gun, give that some attention.
Average idea, cool execution, good composition, pretty nice armour design and non-cliche clouds. It's going well, I'd like to see the progress!
October 24th, 2008 #3
I would say work on the flapping of the flag, it seems pretty generic right now. I think it is looking pretty good, and it might be cool to have some light sources on the armor itself... which would look kind of cool... the downside is that light emitted from tech on the armor would be a bad idea in real design because it makes for an easier target.
Also be conscious of the sharpness of details when you do them. It might feel odd if you have really sharp lines for his earrings, yet his ears are blurry even though they are the same distance from the camera.
Can't wait to see how you resolve the legs.
-=Don't take it personally, just take it seriously.=-
-= New to the Critique Section? Check out this thread! =-
__-= Dimind: My Art Website =-__
__-= My Art Blog - Updated more frequently =-__
October 25th, 2008 #4
October 25th, 2008 #5
Hey, glad to see you've been working!
Please post smaller images. It's nice to see new textures, and attention to detail on the weaponry. But where is the colour?!
- I notice a lot of marines/military characters holding their knives in reverse, which I think would work really well here
- using a serrated edge along the knife's whole blade will lessen its effectiveness. You could put it near the hilt like you have with the scabbard, or just on the 'spine' of the knife.
- I don't like these new clouds nearly as much. They looked cool earlier, instead of messing with them, just add colour. Just my opinion though.
- I really like the furry loin cloth. Colouring it in a light brown will make a nice compliment to his red armour (assuming it will be)
- take the lights on his ab armour all the way down, not just the uppermost plate (just my opinion)
- lol @ WIP sign
The Following User Says Thank You to Max Challie For This Useful Post: