Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: take a look :)

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb take a look :)

Hi
    After few months of visiting this page, I have decided to join you. Well I have the same desire as all of you do, but don't know how work on my self to achieve it. Here in the Czech Rep. it's quiet hard to find somebody who would help you out with this kind of artwork, or school that would support me. Right now I am studying product design, cause I think it's the closest I could get here. I think this is a great place to get advice and find the right way to go. I'll post some of my later work and will see what you think. I'll be happy for anything you'll tell me about my work, so please critique my work. I'll appriciate it.

To the last two pictures: The sculpute is my final highschool project. As you can see it's one of my scifi abstract designs. The second thing is a guide book I have done as a part of the project. It's in a paper (first part) and digital form in flash (second). Hope you like it.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Fregy; September 19th, 2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: need a different sketchbook picture
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Some of my studies

Since all the teachers told me I will not make it far with those drawings in first post, I had to start with the traditional studies. I know I need it... so here are some of them.

Last edited by Fregy; December 9th, 2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: pics are too big

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WELCOME.

Are these copies? Or are they from your imagination? Either way most of your tech stuff is a great way to get your lines down efficiently. I think your drawing skills are strong enough to move on to some real studies.

Keep on drawing!

~JB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JustinBeckett For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those tech stuff things are my imagination, I like to draw these a lot. My teachers aren't really happy about that but that's ok. I am trying to study anatomy and things like that, those study drawings are from my figure drawing class. I'll try to work harder on those. Thanks for the comment

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

new stuff

Well yeah I know... I am slow, need to pick it up
    Anyway here is some new stuff, like small thumb line sketches of air crafts, the important thing was perspective for me. At the end are some studies of eyes. What do you think? Please comment my stuff, anything is wellcome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tried to work harder

So... still nobody is commenting anything but that's ok , I will not give up. Lately I have been working on some star fighter designs to get better in perspective and marker technique. Also I have been learing anatomy, basically skeleton first and some muscles. I did many drawings to this theme, but I am going to post only one of them since the others are the same. In this one I used the wooden figure to see the pose, and than did some drawing in like bones and muscles by memory. I know the head suck and some other things as well but it's just a start . Hope it's getting better

Last edited by Fregy; December 9th, 2008 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    welcome!!...nice crafts designs man! keep postin

"dear diary:..jackpot" my sketchbook

team chow

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan Valkar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Life drawing

Whops I forgot... so this is from today, I have used the knowledge of skleton and few muscles that I learned this weekend. First I drew the skeleton pose and than drew in the muscles and other things. Basically the same thing I did before with the Mr. blue muscle, but with a real model. What do you think?

Last edited by Fregy; December 9th, 2008 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To Dan Valkar
    Thank you I am happy you like them. What I really like about this page is seeing other's progress. It makes me work harder and hope that one day I'll be really good. I went to your forum, and have to say you did a great improvement. Nice job

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

studies

Hey, so here is what I am doing in these days. The first term is getting to an end, so I have to get my school stuff done first. Than I will start where I have stoped in my CA training We have to do many studies of body parts and here are some of them. Feel free to criticise my drawings, I will appriciate it.

Last edited by Fregy; December 9th, 2008 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Drawings from a train

The way from school to home takes about 4 hours, so I did some drawings to use the time in a good way. The lines aren't perfect I know, often because of the bumbs on railroad . I did some skeleton studies, here are some of them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In the last post, some of the skeletons seem to have weird proportions.
    You have some great rendering above though, and some amazing design, just keep at it, and don't be discouraged by your teachers. Also, keep doing the anatomy studies, they will help you if you want to go into the concept art industry.
    Good luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Some really quick sketches

Hey, so here is some more stuff. I know it's nothing detailed, but that was not the point. I just tried to practice the quick drawing and shape. I also tried to come up with some new shapes tan those before. I have put this here so you know I didn't stop drawing . School keeps me busy. And also most of the drawings have been done whlie traveling in train. So the quality is not good.

Last edited by Fregy; December 9th, 2008 at 01:14 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

some more ships, better design

Hey, so... I am trying to stop playing world of warcraft and do more drawings. This is what came from my trying. I think that the shape is much better from before. But I guess it will be better if somebody else will judge it. Hope you like it, and wish me good luck with not playing that damn good game.

Last edited by Fregy; December 9th, 2008 at 01:16 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ok.. just a try to post at least something

School gets harder and harder... here is something I did during boring classes. After the end of semestr I'll focus more at CA.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whatever those teachers said your vehicles look awesome and your rendering in the studies of eyes and all that other stuff seems to be pretty much awesome too. Just keep it up!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Imaginary For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Some life drawing

Hey so here is some of my life drawing classes. The first one is from the last week, and the last one from today. I have to say that the second drawing is really bad... especially the face part. I did it over and over again and than I have ren out of time so it end up to be like this.... I have to pracitce more those heads. I have some more pics, but I have to find the scan first.

sjuskadur is offline Can't talk... eating brains! Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude some of your pencils are amazing.. love the shuttles at the top! keep it up mate

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sjuskadur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Finally some time for CA

So most of the work for my school is done, but still not all. Anyway here are some quick sketches, nothing detailed. I have tried to do some anatomy drawings, especially faces. I did more of those, but I guess one example is enough . Than I did some more ships to practice perspective, and right after that some robot's parts and robots it self. The last picture is just a try for a soldier. I know the head is too big and amrs too long. I did this kind of a picture for the first time. Anyway feel free to tell me your opinion or what else should I draw. I would like to know what you think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New year is here, full of hope that I'll draw every day

Something I did during my vacation. I'll stop drawing ships soon cause I would like to learn something new. Hope you like it... altho I'll be happy if you at least take a look.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 516 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice vehicle work. I like them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Head studies (no vehicles for now :) )

Since I am trying to draw everyday, I decided to focus on heads for now. I would like to be able draw people, but so far I kind of suck. But... it gets beeter I think. Here are drawings I have done, I'll post more later. I try not to focus on details and draw quickly with out shadows.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Take a magazine, and draw every face in it

4 hours to get to school?
    Do you do that every day?
    Respect dude :p

You need to try use the confidence you have with those marker drawings & use those on the faces, people...

Practice some mouths, looks like you haven't really mastered those.

And what paper is that you guys draw on A1? that's pretty sweet :p

greetz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, nice ships.

Do you go to school for art, and if so, what is your major?

I'm an industrial designer and i definitely appreciate your ship designs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnID View Post
    Hey, nice ships.

Do you go to school for art, and if so, what is your major?

I'm an industrial designer and i definitely appreciate your ship designs.
    Thank you wery much, I am so glad you like the ship designs . I love machines of all kind. I can't draw it for my school tho since my teacher doesn't like it, cuase in his opinion it doesn't work and so it's useless. I am happy you like it, as an industrial designer , that means a lot to me.

Yes I do attend an art school. My major is product design, but that's just a name of our art studio. It depends on the students what they want to design (and what they are capable to do).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Fregy View Post
    Thank you wery much, I am so glad you like the ship designs . I love machines of all kind. I can't draw it for my school tho since my teacher doesn't like it, cuase in his opinion it doesn't work and so it's useless. I am happy you like it, as an industrial designer , that means a lot to me.

Yes I do attend an art school. My major is product design, but that's just a name of our art studio. It depends on the students what they want to design (and what they are capable to do).
    Hey Fregy,

I read your post in my thread, and that's funny, I did a lamp for my final project as well. It was retractable so it would expose more or less light depending on how much you expanded or contracted the shade. Basically like those light switches where you can adjust the brightness of the light, except mine was manual.

Art Center is a really excellent school, it's definitely my school's "Rival" school. They do really awesome work.

maybe since your teacher doesn't like spaceships since they're not practical, do cars or motorcycles or some kind of already-existing vehicle?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnID View Post
    Hey Fregy,

I read your post in my thread, and that's funny, I did a lamp for my final project as well. It was retractable so it would expose more or less light depending on how much you expanded or contracted the shade. Basically like those light switches where you can adjust the brightness of the light, except mine was manual.

Art Center is a really excellent school, it's definitely my school's "Rival" school. They do really awesome work.

maybe since your teacher doesn't like spaceships since they're not practical, do cars or motorcycles or some kind of already-existing vehicle?
    I might try some cars designs, but I didn't do it yet since I think it's much harder than a space ship. I wanted to learn the basics of perspective by drawing spaceships. Now that I kind of know, I might try. Tanks for the idea . Altho I have to finish the lamp first, the deadline is close.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleThink View Post
    Take a magazine, and draw every face in it

4 hours to get to school?
    Do you do that every day?
    Respect dude :p

You need to try use the confidence you have with those marker drawings & use those on the faces, people...

Practice some mouths, looks like you haven't really mastered those.

And what paper is that you guys draw on A1? that's pretty sweet :p

greetz
    Ok, a magazine sounds like a good idea . Till now I was drawing only a 3D head model on the posemaniacs web page. 4 hours every week or two, that would kill me if I had to do it every day . I hope that my face sketeches will be better after some time. I need to get into it. I'll focus on detailes onece I'll be able to draw the whole head properly, but thanks for the hint. The paper we are using at school is a huge paper roll. It's pretty big actually .

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I liek what I'm seeing. The face studies are very nice and it is the best direction to take to get better. Your vehicles are awesome, something I suck at.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, thanks for dropping by my thread.... I've look through your sb and I shall say that you are on the right way to be very good.. keep it up

ahoj, tak koukám, že docela jedeš, děláš to správně, studuješ anatomie, figuru, skicuješ.... jen tak dál... kolik ti vůbec je a na jakou chodíš školu?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.