Sketchbook: take a look :) - Page 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: take a look :)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Impressive stuff here.
    Even if your teacher say it I think the most interesting thing to watch are your vehicles. Really like their design.
    I save this thread and I´m waiting for new stuff.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Warforce17 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warforce17 View Post
    Impressive stuff here.
    Even if your teacher say it I think the most interesting thing to watch are your vehicles. Really like their design.
    I save this thread and I´m waiting for new stuff.
    Thank you for your support appriciate it. Sorry for not quoting sooner, I haven't noticed that a new page was added to my thread. I am going to come up with some new wehicles soon, I hope you will like them as well. You are level 3 Gladiator, how did you get a higher level? I am still just 1, and I don't know what to do to achieve a higher lvl. Bye and keep drawing, your work is getting better every drawing you do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Fregy View Post
    Thank you for your support appriciate it. Sorry for not quoting sooner, I haven't noticed that a new page was added to my thread. I am going to come up with some new wehicles soon, I hope you will like them as well. You are level 3 Gladiator, how did you get a higher level? I am still just 1, and I don't know what to do to achieve a higher lvl. Bye and keep drawing, your work is getting better every drawing you do.
    If it was a sign of talent I would be really happy

You just have to post more and at a special number your level increases.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Finally some of my work :)

Here are finally some of my designs. I think that the improvmenet in perspective thanks the tutorial is pretty big. I still have to figure out the line thicknes to add some more depth, so it doesn't look so flat. I don't know why but in the last picture I like the drawing more than the rendered picture. Hope you like it, I am going to use this kind of technique in my other space ship drawings as well.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahoj Fregy
    Jsi první ČECH, kterého vidím tady na conceptart.org. Díval jsem se na tvou galerii jen chvíli, ale napravím to snad zítra, moc se mi tvé práce líbí. Nevím, jestli ti svými připomínkami nějak pomůžu, ale aspoň budeš vědět, že tě sleduju Na které škole se učíš? Já jsem minulý rok propásl přijímací zkoušky na umprůmky, teď toho lituju. Třeba si udělám představu, co jsem na některé z uměl. škol mohl dělat.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Zdravim

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
    Ahoj Fregy
    Jsi první ČECH, kterého vidím tady na conceptart.org. Díval jsem se na tvou galerii jen chvíli, ale napravím to snad zítra, moc se mi tvé práce líbí. Nevím, jestli ti svými připomínkami nějak pomůžu, ale aspoň budeš vědět, že tě sleduju Na které škole se učíš? Já jsem minulý rok propásl přijímací zkoušky na umprůmky, teď toho lituju. Třeba si udělám představu, co jsem na některé z uměl. škol mohl dělat.
    No nápodobně taky jsem tady ještě čecha nepotkal. Jsem rád že se ti má práce líbí . Koukal jsem na tvoje a teda klobouk dolů, docela jsem čuměl, fakt dobrý. Máš dobře zmáklou digitální malbu, k tomu se taky chci časem dopracovat. Ale nejdřív musím zvládnout základy. Jinak studuju v Plzni na Ústavu umění a designu, v oboru produktový design. Vtip je v tom že kromě studií, tu na stránkách není nic co bych dělal pro školu. Nemají to rádi, takže makám doma . Jak víš tak CA se v Čechách dost dobře studovat na VŠ nedá, takže musíme hledat alternativy. Studuješ někde? Nebo co plánuješ? Na Umprum musíš hodně a často chodit během roku na konzultace k nim do ateliéru jinak jsi bez šance, musí tě už znát když tam pak příjdeš na příjímačky. Zatim

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Today's work

I had way too much free time today so I decided to try some of gesture drawing. I know it's nothing special but I believe that if I'll keep this phase it's going to be better soon. I didn't want to shock anybody with these drawings , it's just to show you guys I am still trying to get better .
    Also I am using any kind fo scrap paper for practicing, so sometimes there is a text on the other side .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I liek what I'm seeing. The face studies are very nice and it is the best direction to take to get better. Your vehicles are awesome, something I suck at.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, thanks for dropping by my thread.... I've look through your sb and I shall say that you are on the right way to be very good.. keep it up

ahoj, tak koukám, že docela jedeš, děláš to správně, studuješ anatomie, figuru, skicuješ.... jen tak dál... kolik ti vůbec je a na jakou chodíš školu?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Scifi decoration posters

Hi
    These posters were made for a club celebration in a scifi theme. I wansn't told what exactly they want. Just that it has to be 15 pieces of A3 paper format and has to have something to do with future. So I made up some sights and abstract scifi objects. I used markers to do the shading and later on added those black spaces in photoshop. It has been quiet difficult for me, since my focus of drawing was mainly at machines it self, not enviroment or characters. I did my best for now tho. Tell me what you think. I hope you like it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Skethces for the scifi posters

Here are some of them, I am not going to post all. Some are too small or not good enought to be shown.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Figure drawing

Here is one pic from today and one from last month I guess. I don't shade that much cause I still have problems to catch the form properly. What do you think?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi dude, sorry for saying you suck at figures, you obviously are not avoiding the subject. I'm going to try to be a little more helpful. Talking about the guy in the chair:

1)His foot is square. Actually the whole lower leg is stubby. You scrunched up his feet and legs because you ran out of paper, which is no better than just cutting them off. Plan ahead, think about composition. You don't have to use the edges of your paper, you can draw a border and work inside that. Don't indicate anything too darkly, work over the entire figure until it fits in the composition and is the correct proportion. Use the negative spaces to help you draw. Lay the foundations for a solid drawing.

2)Don't forget you are creating a work of art. Don't slack off on what the model is sitting on. Not saying you should work on it as long as the figure... but you shouldn't scribble it in either.

3)You are way, way too concerned with contour! Which I understand, I am fascinated by the millions of curved surfaces that make up a person... but it is not nearly as important to creating a solid drawing as form.

In the beginning stages of drawing, after the composition is worked out and your figure fits the page, you should concentrate on form. Instead of drawing loose, messy strings to indicate the edges of the body you should be drawing big simple forms. They don't need to be blocks and spheres, but they need to be much simpler than what is going on in your drawing.

I don't know if you've seen this, but I love Kevin Chen's figure drawings, and seeing how he breaks the figure down into forms.
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1432

You should also look at this if you haven't seen it.
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14035

Hope this is helpful.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashtonw For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anatomy studies

Hey

NEED HELP HERE: PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME AN ANOTHER STEP IN CHARACTER DESIGN AFTER LEARING ANATOMY

For last week I have been studying human anatomy. So far I kind of know the whole sceleton and muscles, except feets and hands. Will keep working on that. I did most of the drawings from memory, but sometimes I needed to take a look to make sure it's right. I also used a couple of pics from posemaniacs. I made up some of the poses to try put the muscles on. What do you think? And please tell me the next step.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I admire your training enthusiasm. I wish I had will to work as hard as you do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Another anatomy practice

Here are some more of my anatomy sketches. I am trying to apply the konwledge of human sceleton and muscles in poses. I am trying to do most of the sketches by memory and imaginaton. Only one sketch is done from posemaniacs... I'll continue working on that.. until I wont suck in figure drawing . Wish me good luck with that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

An update

Some stuff I did recently. School kept me busy, hope to add more later. These are just a concepts of a fantasy robots. Some are studies of parts and joints. Others are character designs.

also, I got an Intuos 4 few days ago, so I tried to draw some poses for practice, I need to practice way more tho

Last edited by Fregy; October 24th, 2009 at 06:28 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your people need a bit of work still, although if you apply yourself the same way you obviously have in your perspectives, designs and marker renderings you'll be there in no time. The life drawings were nice too. Nice work so far.

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

22. The Following User Says Thank You to donalfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    also, I got an Intuos 4 few days ago, so I tried to draw some poses for practice, I need to practice way more tho
    Wow! You got Intuos4? Which size? I'm seriously thinking of buying one. Is it worth the money? Is it better than the Intuos3 from our school? better then Cintiq? Excousez moi curiosité : )

Btw finally you've posted something new! I like the one picking crystals... are these elipses freehand?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is an assasin cog, I tried my best with the tablet. This is kind of my first digital painting I really tried to finish. Still a lot of things to learn and do.

I did many small sketches of different cog guys. I picked this one to try out.
    Not bad.
    1) The highlights are a bit disturbing and illogical as the material seems to be rusted, scratched and dusty. They shouldn't be so sharp and shiny.
    2) Work a bit on line weight. Make the line wider where it touches the ground or where it is in shade. (check that Design Sketching ebook)
    3) Use different way to express perspective than lowering the opacity. This makes it look like two separated objects. Reducing details or changing the lineweight would make it more natural.
    4) More shading. Focus on volume first than on a texture.

Still realy nice post, definitly better than my first computer sketches.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Monsieur Salem For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fregy, I peeked through your SB, and I admire how much work you're doing! Very cool to practice as much as you have! Where you seemed shaky with human anatomy and proportion, I see the details are getting smoother, more assured. The same goes with your machines! I also noticed you're putting more variety in the styles of your machines, so that's great!

Keep up the good work, you're definitely getting somewhere! How are you doing with character design? To direct yourself some, perhaps gathering references of things, people, whatever you can to give you an idea of what kind of character you want to make. You can use what you collect to formulate some paper and "mind" sketches before you go to town with the character creation! Of course, I'm still a baby at this so I hope to practice what I preach.

Someone may have already told you some info, but I wanted to encourage you further.

As for your digital art, there are some things to consider:

Think of your light source(s) before you start just painting. This may go for ambient light as well. Now, you might just have a generic background lit in that last picture, but since I see a cast shadow down there, that means there is definitely a light directed at it from above somewhere. Just be sure you get an idea of where that light is, find references with similar lighting, then you can really flesh out your work.

This goes for your shadows and higlights as well. I see sparkles all over that awesome cog. But are they where they "should" be? Not sure! Also, the flames up top. They need to "glow" more, but if they do, is the flame light brighter than that other light that is casting the shadow? It will influence how your cog is shaded!

I also agree about the perspective--rather, the distance of parts on the cog. While the idea of fading into the ambient colour is right (as far as I recall), one thing that makes the hind parts look "apart" from the rest is that they look far away. Or the air is REALLY thick, really dense!

Use the shadows, where light won't hit the hind parts because the front parts are shielding them. So, you can darken the hind legs and such a little more because it's not getting as much light! That kind of thing. The change of line weight is also a great idea, plus even line colour.

Pardon me for the length of this post. I saw how much you were working over time on your stuff, and I just wanted to acknowledge it, encourage you! I hope you're doing well. Good stuff! ^_^

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry for not replying sooner. Got to busy by drawing the cog. First of all, I got Intuos 4 L, the activ part is about A4. And it's definitely better than Intuos 3. The size is more practical than the older version, and working with it is much easier. Actually if you would like, we can meet so you can try out on your own, because I am going to come to Plzen in few days. I guess nothing is better than Cintique... , and I guess the intuos was worth the money, at least for me. To be honest, I was about to discuss with you the tablet before the DTD exame, but I did not for some reason...

...By the way, nice Škoda design, what did Pelikán said?
    Congrats, A4 size is IMHO the best one, big enough not to be limited and small enough to make it easy to work with. I'm damn sure you'll use it to make some gorgeous works. I'm looking forward.
    Hey! I would really appreciate chance to try your tablet, unfortunetly I'm leaving Pilsen on Wednesday (the 1st of JU) and returning the 13th so it depends on your arrival.
    As for the skoda design I'm not sure about Pelikans opinion as I sent it via email... but I'm not very happy with the result myself.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Nice work...

Fregy great stuff. I don't have too much to say about what you are doing as a few others here have said it best. Just keep drawing as you seem to be on the right path and listen to your teachers, yet stick to your interests. I have met many a pro or read interviews where some teachers in their past seemed to be against in some ways their interest in doing art in the comic book field, video games, film, etc. Yet in the end the students did what they wanted. I have been lucky to have supportive teachers in the past with doing the type of art I wanted to do. Still respect and take all the information you can from any teacher as what they give you could very well help you with where ever you want to go with your art.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool stuff, going to echo everyone else and say your machines are looking pretty good. you were asking about the next steps in character design and i would suggest costume and clothing, it will take you far. ca's own references forum has some great threads to get you started. you can also work on giving them some expression and character too.
    and now that you have access to a tablet it will be interesting to see what you do with colour! good luck

>>>CLICK HERE AND CLAIM YOUR FREE* IPOD<<<

*there is no ipod, actually. sorry

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My GOD your vehicle designs are INCREDIBLE!!

thank you for sharing. Your studies just need practice. I can't see anything to point out that WON'T be corrected by it.

Keep at it dood!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the steampunk robots man. Don't think you'll need to change much to get people to visit here often. I see a good deal of improvement from the first to last post and it looks like you're developing a really cool style with your stuff. I really like your choice of colors in most of these last ones also.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Today's morning practice

30 minutes of posemaniacs 30sec drawing, 30 minutes of portrait practice. still need to practice a lot tho

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Today's morning practice

Need to work on the heads... way more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Practice

So, I kind of tried to work more on the portaits. Used 3D model from Zbrush. Didn't post any posemaniacs... since it's all the same.

Last edited by Fregy; August 31st, 2009 at 07:54 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Another practice

Theese are a day old, I have focused at anatomy tutorials, so I guess I wont post anything for some time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.