Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I think Skank said it best when he said:

Fuck! :whoa:

I agree with Johnny too..I was trying to figure out what I really dug about these little pages, and that's pretty much it..they all have a great compositional quality to them, much like a movie poster or book cover. Tasty!
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Dude, it's about time you updated. :chug:

Great stuff here man, I love the abstract shit you tie the piece together with as much as the figures.

It was cool meeting you... too bad our room was so goddamn cramped with 5 people already. Oh, and I have to thank you for the sketch you gave me in Austin... I got a page with your and Insane Vision's sketch on it that seriously inspires the hell out of me.

Thanks
    wes - your stuff is the hotness.

looking at your art, to me, is like having a group of supermodels walk past you in a crowd - there's so much beauty that is displayed in such a quick amount of time that it's dizzying. When it's all over you know that you witnessed something beautiful but were too small and weak to completely comprehend it. To fully absorb each page I'd have to stare at it for a few hours - a few minutes is never enough.

in other words: it's good stuff.

I also wanted to say that "Black Star - Respiration" is one of my all time favorite songs ever and the artwork that you created through its inpiration goes with it very well. The train is a strong metaphoric element in the song, and I like the way you portrayed how it is moving through an abstract, almost free-forming track.

Anyways, keep growing so you can keep blowing us away.

-Umar

Thanks

yet another wes fan

I think your work is some of the first I saw on CA, but I forgot about it (shame on me). then months later I saw that you needed a room in the austin hotel thread and everyone started offering space in their rooms. then at the workshop people would point and whisper "that's wes9000" whenever you walked by. needless to say, people really like your work, so after returning from austin I had to check out your stuff (again).
    yea. wow. you make good stuff, no reference required. even coro said you were scary cause you can paint in addition to drawing. I like to think your user id is wes9000 because you and your artwork are so advanced that both of you are from the future. (conversely, my jokes are so lame they're from the past) -.,-;;
    we dig your stuff, futureman.

Thanks
    I was wonderin when you were gonna update , i was about to go and hunt you down...

some of this shit is fuckin phenomonal...the music inspired stuff are my faves...

It was great meetin you and actually hangin out...we'll meet again in Texas next year...check you later

Thanks
    :shocked: damn these are great, if i ever happen to just walk past u randomly in cleveland, its gonna be an instant mojo theft.

the respiration pic is insane specially since that my favorite song on that cd. great work :clapping2

Thanks
    x: .. I want to be Wesley Burt..

isnt there a dummy book for this?

"How to become Wesley Burt for dummy's"

I would definatly buy it

speechless

Your faces are so lifelike, and they are from your head.. I mean.. SHIT!! I almost crapped myself when I read your comments with the images. "done this from my head" .. I want to shootmyself for being 20 and not near as good as wesley here. I am drawing all my 20 year long life.. maby I havent taken my art serious enough. Definatly something to think about on sleepless nights.

I need to get my freaking ass out and do something with my art.. I must improve!! MUST!!!

Thank you!

Thanks
    good work as usual wes. really like how you set up the pages very collage like.

making me wanna post something!

peace

Thanks
    Wes,

after meeting you, you should know that I rarely get excited by art. Most of the time I am just passing by, not noticing the world around me. Your work, combined with your silent personality has changed something for me though. You are a very special person. A sunspear thrusted high into the skies. Someone who will shine throughout the years to come. I envy you for all you have now and for all the things you once will be. I wish you the greatest luck of all on your artistic journey and I'm very proud to know ya.

Cheers my friend

Marko
    -almost drunk

Thanks

Awsome stuff!

Hey man, truely inspiring! Keep it up, looks great.

Thanks
    I remember you from Austin now, and I'm extremely pissed that I missed an opportunity to say "hello" and watch over your shoulder while you sketched.

Your pages look like they grew organically; disparate visual ideas ebb and flow together as your imagination picks them up, turns them around and places them on the paper in a manner that is instantly recognizable and understandable to any viewer. The compositions remind me of Barron Storrey, except that your images are peaceful and natural while his are often alien and jarring.
    bee-dubya-keo
    neo•keo sketchbook
    http://keo-art.blogspot.com/
    http://brendankeough.com/

East meets West sketchbooks:
    Helzon - R.I.P. Redehlert Undertow Sartell BDFoster Anticonnor

Thanks
    wes, watching your sketchbook trade hands in the la quinta I knew you had to be someone I'd worshiped on the forums before...

then i found this thread:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21651

(for those that haven't seen Wes' BFA show or his other threads, FRICKIN CLICK THIS)

and I was like OOOOOOOOOH *THAT* Wes!

I remember standing around after one of the life drawing sessions and talking briefly with you about cross hatching and how if you didn't end up doing any demos during the workshop that I definitely wanted to milk your brain for info cuz I so am not where I want to be yet....

and I could have said "by the way, your BFA show was so spectacular I actually considered travelling out there to see it....I was blown away, truly. How I didn't make the connection in Austin, I've got no idea...must have been the heat.

you're a spectacular talent, my friend - I'm eager to hear what your plans are - you're a ship with mass and velocity and the denizens of whatever planet you're aimed at are some lucky bastards.

I'd still love to milk your brain. you've got an amazing hatching style (even in pen!! you bastard!! ) and your composition skills are out of this world. I'd love to see a WIP for some of your sketching (maybe there is one, I'll double check, but if there's not... ) I'm just so curious how these compositions fall out of your noggin and fit together so nicely.

thanks for all you share with the community, and it's amazing to see a talent such as yours continue to grow so visibly. Proof of how good the workshop was!! Jason/Andrew/Travis/Marko - thanks for giving us a workshop that even improves the already amazing talent present on this site!!!

(ok, sorry, that's probably WAY too much worship, so I'll stop gushing)

maldrin.

p.s. your 45 min of misty is so perfect it makes me cry. you rock. (ok NOW i'll stop gushing)...
    d a v i d p i n e

ONLY CONNECT.

Thanks
    Wow Wes, these are undeniably beautiful drawings.
    -Eric

Thanks
    so amazing, i'm speechless. you listen to some really great music too. all i can say is post more.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 134 Posts
    it was amazing to feel you sketchbook in my hands- i didnt want ot put it down, what a gift it is to have its electric memory here to visit whenever i want.
    it was great having you in the flesh down here, and an honor to be able to lend you my couch for a few days,

thanks for the sp Wess, i will cherish it.
    hope we can meet agian soon.

best of luck on your journey my friend

Andrew

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast