Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: A Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 687 Posts
    More.

When my vision gets corrected, I can restart training.
    "Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    more.

loomis variations.
    "Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    various stuff.
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    bargue studies.
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 648 Posts
    Believe in yourself! A lot of these are looking good. Continuing to practice will make a big difference over time.

Thanks
    Thanks.

It's taking time to develop confidence in how I draw when for so many years I was inconsistent.

Now that I seem to be getting better, I don't know how to present it.

But its coming. These are only after 7 months with Bargue's book.

It's apart of my new bible of study.
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    Some nice work going here! You should do some figure drawings to enforce what you're learning with anatomy. Anatomy and figure drawings will both enforce your work from imagination.

Thanks
    Oh, I will.

It'll be easier when my vision gets fixed. Right now one eye see normal, the other sees plasma (blood). Got to get surgery for it.

The Bargue book leads you step-by-step to the figure section, which I jumped ahead to see, just browsing the book.......CHRIST!

A moment of intmidation was felt. But, I'm going to learn to draw the correct way this time.

Thanks!
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    You have alot of good starts here, and I lik what I see keep it up man.
    Ev'sSketchbook for the lazy minded but willing!
    Help an artist, leave a critique.

Thanks
    I totaly agree with you saying that"It's taking time to develop confidence in how I draw when for so many years I was inconsistent".because it's also my case it is very difficult to get rid of bad habits. So keep the good work up.

sketch book critics are welcome.
    Last edited by MuGen'arto; December 30th, 2008 at 07:34 AM. Reason: adding link to sketch book

Thanks
    Wish you the best of luck with the vision correction procedure. I like the spirit and concept of your sketchbook. Looking forward to watching your progress towards your artistic goals!
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.

Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil l

Thanks
    *blushes*

Thanks all.

I really appreciated the support.
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    still working with the eye issue. going in for surgery on the 15th. Had laser finished on the right eye which was fun! But with the right amount of over the counter pain killer, ANYTHING can be ade better.

Same character as the firstabove, wantedto go more realistic for the hell of it.
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    Hey Man,

Posted in your thread about surgery in the lounge, and was then inclined to check out your sketchbook. You artwork reminds me quite a bit of myself...

On the studies, keep at them...they are your best work!

As far as the characters go, you seem to suffer from the same problem I do... I know you recognize the anatomy issues with the poses you have made...the skeletal structure under the form is somewhat suspect. The only way to get better is to keep at it!

My suggestion that since your studies seem so solid...perhaps you should start with a non-print blue pencil and draw out the skeleton first, and then come back and flesh them out. It is something I have never been apt to do myself, but I know that it would be very helpful to you and your proportions.

On a side note...my Grandfather had diabetes and eye surgery which left him blind in one eye and 80% blind in the other. That 80% was 100% over the next year. He had been a professional baseball player and after that a baseball scout, so the loss of his eyesight was devistating to him. I just wanted to say I understand the fear you are experiencing, and hope that it all works out well for you.

Good luck with the art and the eyes!

Thanks
    Thanks for the advice. I've picked up the book Artistic anatomy for artists and have been drawing from that along with the bargue studies so my work will see improvement. I've been driven since I was a teen to get better, and even though I blinked and took up writing, I never stopped drawing.

Now, I'll show CA what I can do once I've got both eyes, though that profile of my character is pretty good.

I had an uncle who wound up like your grandfather because of the tech they had was nothing compared to today.

What made me even more uneasy was the fact that he also was creative, a writer, and all I knew of him was that he was stuck in his house and I did not want to follow suit.

Thanks for sharing. I used to hide my disease when I was younger, shows you how mental I was.
    -John Huston, Director

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast