Help:motivation dead.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Help:motivation dead.

Hello all who happen to wander in this thread. I am sitting here today and i have no drive at all, my creativeness seems to be dead today.
    Here is my issue, I'm bi-polar and I'm starting to think their may be some a.d.d in their as well, seeing as i have the attention span of a goldfish.
    The problem, i have time when i find it impossible to do anything let alone paint or draw. I know that i want to improve and get to a point where i can articulate my thoughts and views in way that will leave you with a very visceral effect.
    Yet here i am today with nothing, no creativeness, nothing remotely refreshing. I know that these words will turn to dirt tomorrow as my mind will most likely had shifted and ill be in another mindset and another existence.
    I just want to know if anyone has encountered issues like this.
    I hate it most when ill get pumped and excited about a project or even just being able to sit and draw without feeling like my skin is trying to crawl away, and then moments later loose all interest.
    I hope to get into the game industry one day but employers don't want excuses, they want results. So i guess the real question here is, do you(anyone who reads this) think that this is a hurdle that can be over come?
    any comments would be awesome, thanks all.

p.s a bit about myself, I'm a 21 year old guy and live in seattle, wa.

The greatest reward for me is when people look at my stuff and feel inspired enough to help me learn by harsh critiques, they will never fall on deaf or defensive ears and will be applied post haste! thanks in advance!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=134240

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Take out a sketchbook, walk around town and just draw things you see. Don't be creative or original. Draw a cup of coffee, a person walking by or just your hand drawing. Force yourself to draw it. Force it to the point it burns and you just hate it. Then draw some more.

Before you realize it the ideas will come again. The point is, this isn't something to be controlled by emotion. Think of it as your dinner. Do a real life exercise if you like... don't eat until you do draw something. Good ideas are not what motivates professionals. Their stomachs and the stomachs of their children are. Get into this mentality. It sounds rough and tough, but it isn't, once you're in the motions, it's no big deal.

My work: [link]

Thanks
    Thanked 2,278 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    obviously alone on this one. great advice though, thank you.
    this should be stickied.

but yet i fear even if it was, it'd be overlooked and wouldnt stop people from posting 'but my situation is different, i need inspiration!'
    Indeed.

The greatest reward for me is when people look at my stuff and feel inspired enough to help me learn by harsh critiques, they will never fall on deaf or defensive ears and will be applied post haste! thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, enough with this patheticness!

every thread on here is turning into "i'm a sad emo who can't work up the energy to lift a pencil", where is this generation of weak artists comming from? is DeviantArt telling kids to eat paint chips or something, why is everyone so tired and burnt out? you kids are doing one drawing a week and feel depleted artistically, what the fuck?

eff' that noise! rip off your shirt, stand on your chair, pump your arm into the air. whip back your hair and hold your pencil aloft. the clouds will part and a beam of light will engulf you. golden big-tittied angels will dance around, as super badass looking aura flames shoot from your body. your pencil will start glowing and sizzling with power. AND DRAW MOTHERFUCKER!

you need to be 100% intense all of the time.
    draw as though you have to deliver an ass-kicking ninja-style at any minute with your art skill. eat more beef jerky and use a rattle-snake as a condom.

GET PUMPED UP ABOUT ART
    your right! fuck everything else! time to kill paper!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It seems that you were absolutely right. All i had to do was get pissed off at my laziness, ignore everything else and just put pencil to paper. I think my issue was i was so caught up in thinking of how to get better that i missed the most important part, just fucking do it.

well played grief, well played.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well done, Gonna close this thread now, far too many of these about.

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Currently for hire as freelancer!]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Saturns Gate For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.