How should i proceed? Help!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: How should i proceed? Help!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

How should i proceed? Help!

Hi!

I have been working on this piece for a while now and so today i realized that i don't know how to continue. I have no story or anything behind it i just want it to work as an image, ideas and critique are most welcome!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just some ideas:

This picture has very nice colours, that may lead you to adding a few contrasting ones... Maybe define her dress (especially the skirt) a bit more and add a bit of blue colour to it (maybe dots ore stripes)?

Maybe you could move the girl a bit more to the left and add something to the right she is grasping at (or a small part of it so you can guess what it may be).

That brown "thing" in the right bottom corner could be some kind of animal...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks.
    I like the idea to make some kind of animal at the bottom, I'll think about that one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The colors are lovely but it just took me a minute to see what's going on with her legs.
    You see, her skirt looks like she's sitting. Wich had me confused about the legs til I realized she's actually standing. Maybe you could close the red gap on her tush and straighten the front of the skirt before proceeding.
    And I wouldn't hide her foot except for if you're planning to make it tie in with the storytelling.
    As for that. Ask questions. I'm asking myself right now: Why are her hands outstretched? Is she reaching for something? Is she smiling at someone?
    Maybe that helps to develope the scene more.

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You have her too centered right now and it's gonna make for boring storytelling. Try moving her off to the side a little more. You may also want to adjust that foot, it doesn't seem level too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi I agree with Arshes, move her to the left so she is not going off the page and she does seem a bit upright and kind of stiff, I love these colors and strokes are cool too!! I was told to work out the anatomy before rendering too much yesterday in a crit and It is such great advice to really work out the figure first, can't wait to see what you do. She's so cute!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments! I tried to make her legs and skirt less confusing this time. I also flipped the image and worked a bit more with the light, i hope it didn't kill the color.

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Much better, I'd like to point out what's going on to your composition. Think about those hands...what are they doing? They leading you out to the page. The hands are telling us the story because they're more expressive in that piece...so think about how you want to work the picture with those hands.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    First pic made me think she was working at a computer; second makes me think she might be a barrista working a till. I don't know if that's any help with the storytelling; but the colours are great.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.