Art: new to sculpting
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: new to sculpting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

new to sculpting

hi im new to sculpting and done my first course last saturday and discovered i have a talent for it, and was hoping i could get some advice on what to do next, or if there are any jobs out there for my style of sculpting and if so how to find them ive attached a couple of photos of the sculpture i created its was my first attempt with no refrence just made up as i went along

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  331.7 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  328.4 KB

i have some experience in computer 3d modeling which i am self taught at and you can see some examples at www.evansvisualarts.com i would really like to put my talent to good use but have no idea how to go about it at the mo so any help would be great!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love your site.Sculpting wise ,I think you need a lil' more work but you are well on your way.
    With your talent in character design you will go very far in sculpting .As far as your sculpting "style" i don't think it has been defined yet ,I can clearly see it in your illustrations but you still need to develop one in sculpting.after you do several pieces you will do great.
    Keep up the awesome work,congratulations.

It's better to be remembered as the sand in the gears and not as the oil.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, you definately have a talent if this is one of your first (or the first?) sculpts. Keep developing your talent and you'll go far, great job!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, it's great for the first sculpture, You are really talented, man, keep practicing it, and just one question : what kind of clay do you used ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this was my first ever attempt at a proper sculpture, i really want to start making some character models like on my web page, or even have ago at making some marvel characters, i couldnt tell you what clay i used because i dont know i just used what was supplied on the course, i have just bought some chavant clay im slowly getting bits and pieces together to start making some models also have got a set of dvd by john brown havent watched them yet but skiped though and they looks really good, so will hopefully learn some things through that, but is there much work out there for characture sculpters and whats the best route to take to do it??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good start, keep it up.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.