Please help me improve...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Please help me improve...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Please help me improve...

I'm not even amature at art I just started learning how to use photoshop yesterday and this drawing is my second concept drawing on computer. I got a lot to learn but got lot's of time... because I'm not even in college yet lol So as you can see by this drawing I'm into horror art I enjoy playing games like Diablo 2, Quake, Fable etc. I don't know how to paint with photoshop so please any tutorials would help to improve and tell me what's wrong with this drawing ups and downs all the comments are appreciated thank your for reading.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ups: I like the overall design - looks scary, gross, and cool. The silhouette is very interesting.

downs: everything is the same value, and there is no light source, so I can't really tell what is happening. Composition wise, it's also kind of awkward to cut off around a character's ankles.

Looks like you have an good idea of the shapes in 2d. Painting simple objects from life might help you with the lighting. It is also a really good idea to study anatomy. I think you are off to a good start though Pretty good for 2nd photoshop painting.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    one problem with diving into monster-demon-creature illustration is that people tend to think that since the character is imaginary that they can ignore things such as anatomy.

i'd suggest studying bone-structure and how the muscles realistically overlay to work to create the form. starting with a solid foundation will enhance your ability to believably alter and skew the anatomy to best fit your imagined creature's physique.

i agree with the issues of lighting, cropping and such. it's also be nice to see a more diverse value palette as most of the tonality seems to be in the lower end making the overall appearance dark and slightly obscured.

keep it up, looking good for a second attempt.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.