Working with two monitors
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Working with two monitors

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Working with two monitors

Hi,

I just put Painter 7 on my Comp and after some tries it seems o.k. for me, I really love the colour-tool and some brushes seem very vivid. What really annoys me at the moment ist that I dont get the palettes on my secondary monitor. Do you know if thereīs a possibility to change this or is it built-in crap?

Thanks in advance

Fipse

<Insert witty remark here>
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Painter doesn't work like most other graphics programs, you have to click on the right edge of the program window and drag it onto the second monitor (to the right or to the left).
    Sometimes using the "Maximize" button will do the trick.The palettes will always remain within the program window :mad:

Maybe Corel (Procreate) will get it right in version 8

Richard

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your help - this is working. I have to change the properties of the Desktop, so i can read the text of the menues but itīs a help. I havenīt got problems of this kind with any other of my graphic programs.

Fipse

Last edited by Fipse; October 26th, 2002 at 11:32 AM.

RedBall Guest
    Works fine on the Mac... Guess it's just a Windoze thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just curious, are you saying that the palettes can reside outside the program window on a Mac :confused:

Richard

RedBall Guest
    Macs don't have "program windows". So yes, you can put the palettes any old place, no matter how many monitors you have.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is not just a "Mac-thing", , you can put palettes outside the window e.g. in Photoshop, Freehand, Illustrator, QuarkXpress etc. in Windows, too.

Fipse
    (dabbling with Mac and PC)

Concept Monkey Guest
    My use of Painter is for sketching more than anything else (I'm not too good at color work), and I need the fastest hardware set up to cope with my scratchy and nervous hands.

The fastest set up thus far for Painter 7 is definitely Athlon XP or Pentium 4 PC with Windows 2000 (XP has a weird little glitch with brushes when drawing slowly). I tried every damn hardware out there, including DDR Dual G4 OSX machines, in the last 6 months trying to decide on my latest workstation. Now I have given up entirely on drawing on paper because now digital sketching hardware and software allows me enough speed to exceed the results I had with paper while sketching. This is first time ever after YEARS of waiting on the proper hardware/software combination (I realise this doesn't say much about my "abilities" ......:o ).

BTW, for best sketching line quality, use the dirty marker brush at a low opacity. It's great for that sketchy loose results.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

:bash: WELL if youre using a Matrox G450 or later (which you may be doing for a dual monitor display... you can go into matrox quickdesk options and force any application to maximise onto both screens by holding control while maximising the window in question.... whether this helps i know not... but there you go anyhow.
    have much fun

more coffee = better work

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.