RPG Maker Building

Ive made a Building in the old pixel SNES Style

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't recognize this as a building. Even if you're using a simplified SNES style, you need to use light and shadow to make objects read as three-dimensional. I can't tell if those creatures are supposed to be inside an aquarium or if they're just pictures pasted on a blue wall.

The door and letters are the things that read best as objects. However, the bright neon letters don't match the magical research facility look you seem to be going for.

Also, it's bad form to use other people's artwork and claim it as your own. Give credit where it's due for those sprites, or better yet, draw some of your own.

Last edited by Pixelestial; October 14th, 2008 at 11:28 AM.
    "Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it" -- Confucius

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -- Albert Einstein

Pixelestial's Gallery

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sry I didnt knew wether I should mention other ppl when I edited the Monsters alot
    On the other side the Monsters are as standart templates in the main Programm (RPG Maker)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, if that's true, then I apologize for singling you out. The fault would lie with RPG Maker if that's the case. I wasn't aware that they had lifted artwork from Final Fantasy and Breath of Fire for use in their program.

Here's some pointers for helping out your building. I think it's an aquarium, but there's a few things you can do to make that clearer.
    -Add some shadows underneath where the creatures are floating. This would help make them look more like they're inside an aquarium rather than pasted on a wall.
    -Will the creatures be animated in the game? Even a simple animation of them bobbing up and down will help.
    -Some little details will help make the glass more believable. Things like a white glare on the glass, or little bubbles in the water, or giving the floor inside a different texture. The vertical tubes on the top of the building are more convincing, so look at how those are rendered as an example.
    -This would be a lot of work to fix, but it would also help if the building were drawn in the same style as the creatures. All the creatures are drawn with outlines and appear to be affected by light and shadow, whereas the building is not.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it" -- Confucius

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -- Albert Einstein

Pixelestial's Gallery

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.