Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon Series
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon Series

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon Series

Any of you guys been watching the new Clone Wars cartoons?

I watched the movie and I thought it turned out decent, but these episodes so far are much better. I'm actually pretty surprised how much I like it.

There are a few free ones to watch online - http://www.starwars.com/index.html

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Against my better judgment, I payed money to see the movie. I thought is was awful. Some of the stylizing of characters is cool. I enjoy some of the design. But the dialog and nonsense was too much. Ahsoka is a painful addition to the character cast. Her unending need to end everything in "e" : Artooey, stick tinny. Obnoxious. It seems there are trying to capitalize on the Clone Wars shorts that aired on cartoon network between the films. Thus far this version doesnt compare. I read an article suggesting that the series would be more adult than the movie. So I gave the series a shot. I've watched the first two episodes and yes, it is not as child like compared to the movie. The first episode wasnt awful. You know why? Because Ahsoke and Anikan werent in it. Come episode two we find things going down hill abit because they are around. The only thing that gives me hope is that Ahsoka will have to die, since she's not in Revenge of the Sith, or even mentioned. As if she never existed, and was some manner of after thought. Lucas has NEVER done that. But I know that bastard will rob me of her death just like everything else he has taken from us.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I still want to see the original, Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the format of the show by giving it some kind of jedi like adage in the beginning.

I haven't seen the recent movie, but I'm enjoying the episodes so far.

I still want a new star wars live action movie that features different characters though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    George Lucas should step down and retire..

My SketchBook

--Wait, whut? --
    Anonymous

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow I guess I'm more of a star wars fanboy than I thought.

Yes the Genndy series was good.. though it lacked a unifying plot (with the exception of the second season.)

And yes, Ahsoka can be annoying. It seems like she is really only there to be a connection with kids.. but she is no worse than Jar Jar. In the movie release it was much worse, but these episodes are more hurried, so there is less time for bad dialog.

Star Wars extended universes are filled with characters like Ahsoka - Assaj Ventress, Mara Jade, Admiral Thrawn, etc. Never mentioned in the movies but claim ties to the main characters somehow. I'm kind of anxious to see how they handle Ahsoka's death myself... because a lot will hinge on that.

The concepts are cool, and chances are we will see more of that highend stuff from the RoTS concept book that didn't get used in the movies yet. That's gonna be awesome. The space scenes so far are probably some of the most cinematic I've seen on cable tv.. half the time they look almost as good as the real special fx would for film. The music is way better than the theatrical release... I guess we'll see how the series turns out as it goes on.

Oh and Dizon- they are working on a live action series that is in the time space between Episode 3 and Episode 4.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The movie was an abomination, but my 7 year old loved it and wanted to see it again. I need to DVR the cartoons, because I know she will love it...I hope it is better than the movie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't see the movie, it looked utterly pathetic. The design works better as a cartoon. So far I think it's been okay, but there's just not much depth, just fight scenes basically. I'd like it to be more of a continuous story rather than isolated episodes. There's not much plot development or suspense: Grievous steals a secret weapon, and then has it destroyed in the next episode... that story line could have lasted several episodes. Still it's better than a lot of weak shit I've seen, better than those "Streetfighter", "Mortal Kombat", and "Darkstalkers" cartoons that came out in the early 90's.
    I don't much care for the intro, that 1950's or whatever voice-over guy, sounds like those annoying enzyte commercials.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by armando View Post
    I don't much care for the intro, that 1950's or whatever voice-over guy, sounds like those annoying enzyte commercials.

Reminds me of Starship Troopers. "Want to know more?""

Members who have read this thread: 1