Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 14 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 884 Posts
    Hi zou thanks for the suggestions

luthertaylor Eh up! I'm not a Sheffield native so I have a half southern/half yorkshire accent I do say 'goin' t'shop' though Thanks very much for saying that about my work it's great to know there's a visible improvement. I try and draw every day, even if it's the last thing I want to do and I read and watch a lot of tutorials and books. The biggest improvement I noticed was when I started doing the weekly challenges, I was suddenly very aware of how scruffy my work was compared to the other entries so it made me try harder, I also recommend checking out the Schoolism.com lessons and the videos on this site have helped me no end (I also listen to Dan and Daves livestreams on CrimsonDaggers.com, those guys are motivational.

witcrack Hiya Thanks very much, yeah I noticed the nose too, I was trying different shapes out to see if it looked better.

update... vector style...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Angel Intheuk; August 6th, 2012 at 03:42 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    A set of watercolours I thought I'd do based on the most interesting silhouettes on the red carpet. And a quick sketch of Michelle Williams to test out my new water soluble drawing pencils...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,745 Times in 721 Posts
    Quick one! -
    Fish called Wanda is VERY recognizable. As critique I'd say that Michael Palin's body (mostly legs) seem to take some of the energy out of the image. Or did you plan it that way? I realize the character should be somewhat repressed, but if you cover his face with your hand, the rest of his body is expressionless and somewhat stiff.

I love how you handled the princess, especially that gun. Has a fantastic classical feel about it. Not sure how you call that, "shading" seems odd because they're black and white areas. Do you sketch out the fields that need to become black?

Take a look at my Website!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 897 Posts
    i like the silhouettes!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi Anthis Glad you recognised the fish called wanda so fast I did plan Ken that way, all the pr photos show him stiff and repressed, I geuss he isn't so much like that in the film, I've not seen it for a while, I plan on watching it this weekend and pausing it. I also had the idea of doing Otto in a ninja stance, what do you think?

zou thanks

Update Molly millions character ideas and a watercolour doodle of two characters from a poppy z brite novel I've always wanted to paint. Then Jack Black and a commission I did last week for a workmate (in pen)....

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 897 Posts
    the couple on the post 824 is great , the line variation is very very beautiful !

the Juliette lewis is more and more gorgeous, it's great to be able to enhance your work !

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,264 Times in 917 Posts
    loving thos afp caricatures. keep up those nice caricatures!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to a la bapsi For This Useful Post:

The7Artist7 is offline I'll have a double Rocktastic with added awesome please
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,298 Times in 558 Posts
    Hey Angel!

Thanks for dropping by and keep up the great work - would love to see more mid-action poses and I see you have started with vectors! Cool!

Rock on!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The7Artist7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I love love love caricatures and always stop by your sb from time to time, as it is a secret aspiration of mine to be able to put so much character in faces like you do. Do you have a deviantart account? Just love your stuff!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LordLouis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ooo caricaturing fun! so charming
    really enjoyed looking through the pages

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Chompi'n For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,240 Times in 800 Posts
    Hey, great updates Angel! Your caricatures are really coming along. My fave from the last two pages are Beth Ditto, the Firefly crew and Tilda Swinton. I also really like how you ended up finishing off the cards with the brown stained paper texture; I think that really helps the figures pop. Keep up the good work!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dierat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,745 Times in 721 Posts
    Angel-
    Those are good points on the Wanda illustration - Ken may be the most difficult character to depict. The ninja stance for Otto would be a nice touch, though I can imagine you'd be at risk of overstating one single trait of a character that's actually diverse. At least, I think that's the problem I'd run into. I think you could pull it off, since your poses generally reflect characters pretty well.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the Molly Millions piece, if you choose to continue that one. I'm a big Gibson (and cyberpunk) enthusiast

Just noticed the ink-like rendering of that last image in #824 and realised how tough it must be. You might be interested in caricatures by Jan van der Steen, whose work I personally like a great deal. Not sure if it's relevant though.

Take a look at my Website!

Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 14 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4