Sketchbook: Angel Intheuk - Caricatures and studies + UPDATED FEB 2014 + - Page 24
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Smileface Thanks dude! Oh, that guy with the mohawk is Adrian Edmondson, do you mean him?

Anthis Thanks very much For the morale boost and crit, I'll work on more value/form studies, I've got some in mind to do when I've got time. At the moment I'm doing the photo study to work on focus, colour and value to try and help with that. Yeah I missed the portrait day Next year

zou Hiya Thanks!

Update

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey the market is going better, why don't try to use texture on those bags. Real texture from photo or brushes.

the girl is funny, reminds me of stars in 70's or 60's

i like very much the right character in the last one

the other heads are also interesting espacially the one with hatches

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wonder work in here, your styles developing more and more, and those studies are really helping!

Adore all the sketches in the last post! Keep sharing
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

The7Artist7 is offline I'll have a double Rocktastic with added awesome please Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 Times in 551 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Heads up - Dynamic Energy Challenge poll going up By tomorrow Evening (20th Nov) - so last chance to do anything to submissions If you're happy with as is no worries I'll post up your latest

Keep on rocking!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The7Artist7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I really like that last drawing, looks like Ivana Trump.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mike butkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah, I love how you capture character... loved your Aeon Flux sketch.

Keep rockin'!

Please, help me improve by visiting my sketchbook and kicking me in the ass! ^_^

deviantArt
    Draw.Draw.Draw.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xerenity For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    zou Thanks, that's a good suggestion, I was trying to approach it as I would an oil painting so I'm painting on one layer with a few different brushes. I shall work on the texture a bit more, thanks for the tip.

Aw thanks very much jailhouse

Mike Cheers muchly Ivana Trump, now she would make a good caricature

xerenity Thanks very much I did that sketch really really fast, I usually like those better too

just a quick sketch from a photo Gina Ginelli the Pirate grrrrl!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good update on that marketplace painting. Where's the rest of the progress? Keep it going nice and easy

Cartoons are good too. Wonder if you can try more dynamic poses? There's that "wackiness" in some of your cartoon faces that didn't get supported by how the characters pose. I really like that Howe dude though, he's looking fine in that pose

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

14. The Following User Says Thank You to witcrack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great update mate, very good balance and ryhtm

this pencil is giving an awesome effect. (or u applied filter in photoshop ?)

it really worth coloring it

16. The Following User Says Thank You to zou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Intheuk View Post
    Jephyr X Thanks very much Yeah I love Druckers style, he was an early influence along with Rockwell of course and I've just finished reading The complete book of caricature by Bob Staake: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Boo...178658&sr=1-79 It's a good read and he references Drucker alot with all the other greats (I also discovered this too just now http://www.deadlinedemon.com/ might be my christmas present to myself ) Cool you're up for something, no worries about timeframe, usually things pick up before Christmas for me too, anytime is good after that
    Hi again! Glad to hear you know and like Drucker. Do you mean Norman Rockwell? He's one of my all time favs as well.

So I checked out the Bob Staake book...it's cool he references Drucker and other greats too! I found a used copy on Amazon/US for $2.00 (plus shipping of 3.99) and it had pretty good reviews (as well as your endorsement) so I figured I couldn't loose on it at that price. Thanks for the heads up!

Please let me know what you think if you get the Richmond book. Have you seen that he has some tutorials on his blog?

http://www.tomrichmond.com/blog/category/tutorials/

I got some of my distorted character sense from reading Lenn Redmonds book How to Draw Caricatures. Seeing what you're doing you're probably past it though.

So I'm digging your updates since I last looked in. That commision piece is looking pd good. Also the hottie above is pretty tasty!

I've been so slammed by life of late...so taking on a challenge after the first of the year sounds good.

Please keep 'em coming!

Ciao fer now

- A man diligent and skillful in his work will stand before kings -
    - All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty -

"You can't design what you don't know." Jeff Watts (as seen in Windmaker's SB)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jephyr X For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    witcrack eh up and thanks! I do plan on finishing the market scene, it got to that stage most of my paintings do where I need to sit for hours and do tiny adjustments and rendering and I have to be in the mood for that so I'm waiting til the holiday, there's a couple more that have got to that stage I'm hoping to finish. Also hearing you on the more dynamic poses, I'm working on that too Ta!

zou Thanks very much That's the effect of the scanner at work I used, it does give it a nice 'printed' feel. I think I will colour her in, she was wearing quite bright colours

ZephyrX Sorry, yes, I meant Norman He started it all for me when I went to college and saw his book in the library and realised caricatures could be beautiful paintings as well as drawings. You won't regret the book, I had it for a few years before i bothered to read it instead of looking at the pictures haha, really informative. And thanks so much for the Tom Richmond Blog link my god he's so good! I'll check out that Lenn Redman book too, just had a peek and it looks quite funny. Anyway, glad you're still up for a challenge type thing next year, will have to think of something to do over Christmas.

sketch dump
    Just some warm up caricature sketches, Dr Sketchy (alternative life drawing ) though I must say I was at the back of the room and the lighting was harsh and blue and I need new glasses so I can't see distances very well, in my defense . A the dog was a commission I did last week which went down very well and the house is my mates dad's house she wants a watercolour of so I'm trying to be a little creative with it as there's not much to go on, going to do 3 seasons (one of them with snow and christmas lights)

Last edited by Angel Intheuk; December 13th, 2011 at 05:27 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great post mate

i like the little houses in watercolor

22. The Following User Says Thank You to zou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loving the dump. Especially that little doggie! Nice fur, well done.
    Keep it up keep it up keep it up

also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:

24. The Following User Says Thank You to witcrack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 636 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That dog is wonderful. Clever rendering! The watercolour houses are pretty good as well, and a great exercise from what I've heard.

As for the value/form thing, what sometimes works for me is to treat drawing as if you are actually sculpting. Don't even consider the 2d surface, just convince yourself you're actually shaping an object. Just an approach I've come to like.
    Nice to hear there's a Dr. sketchy's around your place! Always wanted to try one out. Alas, no such thing in the Netherlands as far as I know. Nice sketches! Fun stuff.

Join the SPARTAN CAMP under Community Activities
    50 Gestures and an Optional Study every week!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi again,

Yeah Rockwell and others are often over-looked because they were just "illustrators". But his work was brilliant (especially the later schtuff)..and I love how each image told a story.

It's not a caricature piece...but have you seen his barber shop painting? To me the detail and lighting are amazing.

I'm enjoying the book you recommended so far...let me know if you get the Redman book.

Lovin the latest you've posted...especially the "blue" portrait and the doggie pencil...very nicely rendered!

A challenge after the holidays sounds great! Hope all is well!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jephyr X For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love that dog sketch, it's beautiful

30. The Following User Says Thank You to spraix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cheers muchly zou

Thank you too Mr Witcrack sir.

Cheers Anthis the little dog was more fun to draw than I thought, I like fur I could have gone more detailed but i was in danger of overworking her. I think that's possibly a reason I don't go too much into value/form because I'm afraid of messing up too much to bring it back. I will work on it though and thanks for the tip I'll try out visualising 3D from the start Dr Sketchy's is spreading quite fast, I'm sure you'll have one soon Burlesque will take over the world mwhahahaha! (however it looks like they're quite good about helping people start up their own workshops in the area if you look at the website)

Hiya JephyrX Ooh, I hadn't seen that barbershop one before, that's fantastic! His attention to detail and the gestures of the men, everything looks like it could start moving at anytime Definitely hard to pick a favourite, I love the Milkmaid one though, it appeals to the girly romantic in me. Glad you're enjoying the book, it's quite funny isn't it. I'm hoping to treat myself on Monday when I get paid and get the Redman book, but now I also want a Rockwell print..hmmm

spraix Thanks for popping by and the nice comment

update So my easily distracted mind convinced me do a totally different photo study yesterday, instead of carrying on with the market like I intended to do (or the commission like I should have done), all because I saw this picture of Gozer on google (I don't know what I was searching but this came up as well as the obligatory boob pics, lol) It's just a rough sketch at the moment, I might work on it more if I feel the inclination again.

Last edited by Angel Intheuk; December 16th, 2011 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great, loose strokes
    i would have worked more that little light in her throat and bottom chin, in your painting it's a bit dim.
    but congratulations on quickly depicting those bubbles in her body

33. The Following User Says Thank You to zou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks zou I worked a little more on the chin and tightening up different areas. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe, easily distracted mind can't be all that bad, it keeps you refreshed! Constantly! . You did good in that last studies (proves my statement ). Just note what you learnt in each studies, preferably on paper. I write notes, but rarely read it again, not right away. It always excites me to re-discover things I learnt as I read it later. Though in my case, at least, those notes often show how much smarter the-past-version-of-me was . You ever felt like that? It pisses me off but makes me happy at the same time. Weird

Anyway, I feel if you go back and try to finish that market study, it can be highly rewarding. Not sure 'how' it can be rewarding and what the reward 'is' though. At least not in words And I should do the same thing as well... finishing a piece and stuffs. Heheh...

Well, I hope all is well with you.
    You're doing okay here. Keep it up

also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:

36. The Following User Says Thank You to witcrack For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 Times in 3,594 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I've drawn a fair few burlesques dancers and they don't always make the best models, even if they are interesting.

I disagree about using texture brushes as learning how to paint them is so much better in the long run.

Dog is cute, but that stare ...

PS I'm so looking forward to opening the Secret Santa, I'm nearing wetting myself in anticipation.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    witcrack thanks, you're right, I never seem to get bored with what I'm drawing. I know I should make notes but rarely do because I never look at them either, lol. I have some stuck to my wall next to my desk and I still don't read them Not sure I'll finish the market scene, maybe but yeah, my New Years resolution is to finish something too and to practice what I learn over and over until it sticks (p.s Happy New Year!)

Blackspot Thanks, the best thing about the Dr Sketchy was the costumes The stare a bit too psychotic? haha it looked more adorable in the photo. Oh and Merry Christmas!

update Not been doing any drawing this holiday I feel refreshed in spirit and body but totally groggy in the head due to too much alcohol (wahay)

I wasn't going to say what my resolution was this year, as saying your going to do something has been proven to be counterproductive, however it can't hurt to say it this once (*cough* or twice) on the first post of 2012.
    So this is a progress of the Vivienne Westwood caricature I started last year and is one of many I plan on finishing this year. (but, shhh, I didn't say that)

BlightedArt is offline That annoying itch you just can't seem to scratch Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 544 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Heyya,

Careful of the cheek on the left (*her* right cheek), it looks too gaunt compared to the other side, i think adjusting the shading so that there's a shadow hanging under the cheek on the right will make it look like both cheekbones are the same shape. .. Erm... if that makes sense.

Happy new year too.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to BlightedArt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great colors

43. The Following User Says Thank You to zou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hiya Blighted Thanks for pointing that out, I've done some more on her and I think i've got it, but cheeks seem to be my blind spot so I might not have it quite yet, I'll probably be able to tell tomorrow.

Zou Cheers

some gestures and a study, a quick Neil Gaiman sketch, but he looks like a real Sideshow Bob + update on Dame Viv

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My sculpey arrived Attempted to do a bust of Vivienne to get to grips with the shape of her head and also to help with lighting for the portrait. So I had a go with the help of Creager Studios who nicely put up exerpts from their DVDs ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo4CO...2&feature=plcp

I really enjoyed working with it, really nice and pliable and keeps it's shape. I think I did ok, even though it looks more like an old man , halfway through I gave up trying to make it look like Viv and just worked on trying to get it looking realistic. I feel confident about doing a better one on my next try...

Last edited by Angel Intheuk; January 13th, 2012 at 04:44 PM.

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 Times in 3,594 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I love the Vivienne Westwood and wonder what she's knitting.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow this sculpey seems cool
    the sculpting is small, but it has so much forms and details

keep working it

49. The Following User Says Thank You to zou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hiya!

Glad you liked the Rockwell Barbershop link!! The milkmaid one is cute. You might like Marriage License then. Although it from a much later period.

Vivienne Westwood is looking good...and no pressure to finish her (cough)

Yer sculpey is looking great!! I always say I'm gonna sculpt someday......

Hope all is well!

51. The Following User Says Thank You to Jephyr X For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great work and love the sculpt!

"The one hope of producing better work is through the conception,not the material"
    -Andrew Loomis

MY BLOG

MY SKETCHBOOK

AnimationForum

53. The Following User Says Thank You to Nubian_Greene For This Useful Post:

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 45