Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Angel Intheuk - Caricatures and studies + UPDATED FEB 2014 +

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 884 Posts
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey, I went to the art store today and saw some supplies for that solar engraving stuff...wait, actually I think it was photo-sensitive paper...anyways, it made me think of you! How does Mr. Intheuk like his portrait, or have you not shown it to him yet?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GoGoJojo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Aw it's nice to be thought of all the way across the Atlantic..cheers...solar engraving looked it up, looks interesting. I did GCSE photography back before digital (oh my god a whole technological revolution happened after I left college...Jeez!) and I really enjoyed playing around with the photo paper, might look into it again Liam likes his picture cheers, Aiden hasn't seen his yet, he will at the weekend.

and here he is finished..going to send it off to print now

Thanks
    Hi love. I really like the colors on your Chow 191 and 193. As for the new caricatures I think the drawing is better, but the color feels hesitant to me. I like the thicker, sumptuous kind of handling your used for Cate. With the lines, these ones feel much more like drawings than people.

You do so much work! I should fallow your example better. Keep it up!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MoKhi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks Mokhi I think I do try and go for different styles but your right that I should do another one like Cate. I reckon once the right picture comes along

For now though, just sketching out more ideas for KillBill, finally got round to doing the rest of the gang.

Vernita Green (copperhead)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,281 Posts
    HAHA i RRRRRRUUUUUUVVVVVVVVV THE COOKIE MONSTER PYGMY AN THE CA INK XD SOO COOL THANKS FOR BE'N AWESOME

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Hey that recent piece looks awesome! i wish someone did a caricatyre of me! haha, keep it up!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ~KJK~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,321 Posts

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ~KJK~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi Angel! I'm loving the caricatures. I can see you go for a style similar to guys like Dominic Philibert or Jason Seiler.

Looking at the reference photo of Aiden I think you could have pushed the light and the shadow contrast. The shadow side looks too light, so the contrast is not there. Look at how the strong the light is on the right(our right) side of his face. That's because the shadow side is dark enough for the contrast to show through.

Have you also considered painting over your lines? Some of them are distracting and they don't mesh well with the realistic painting you're doing. Some examples are the lines of his cheeks when he's smiling and the line indicating his adam's apple. Just use color and shade to suggest those parts. The lines for the hair are a bit much as well. A couple of large, well-placed brush strokes should have done the job. Just go for simplification for less important parts and put more focus on your focal point.

Later!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks Grandmassa

Thanks muchly Parsakoira! that portrait is lovely, it does look like me totally! and for the new photo, funny expression, might have to have a go at caricaturing you next

Cheers Dizon for the crits and links to follow, those guys are amazingly inspirational. I've heard of schoolism.com and would love to do one of their courses, maybe I'll afford it one day Thanks for the crit, I did do it from 2 pictures and the 2nd one wasn't as much in shadow and looked better so I tried to keep him a bit lighter. I'll keep in mind about the lines I guess some master studies of different styles would benefit me now, I need to try and stick to one style for a while I never know when to go realistic or keep it sketchy, I do kinda wing it a bit too much.

Here's an update on the etchings. Slow progress, I ran out of white spirit so haven't cleaned up all of them yet. Here's marylin before and after cleaning the blackout gunk and masking film off, she still needs polishing.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    wow! Looks great! I think this style works great for you as well. Have you tried inking your stuff? I see some cool line work there. Reminds me a bit of Heinrich Kley's lines.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks Dizon do you mean inking the etching? I'm reading about different techniques and wouldn't mind trying it out. I had a look at Heinrich Kley I really like his work thanks for the inspiration

Been doing some random portrait sketches this week, some gestures today and ideas for the Gestapo Chow.

Thanks

Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 71 ... LastLast