Ringling transfer credit. How much can I transfer in with?
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Ringling transfer credit. How much can I transfer in with?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ringling transfer credit. How much can I transfer in with?

Does anyone know if you can take all the art history courses (required at Ringling) at another school (like USF or FSU) and have them transfer. I really want to save as much $$ as possible so that I can afford my four years there. Also what other courses might I be able to get credit for at a State school or community college? I am saving up my $$ as we speak and busting my butt trying to put together a good portfolio. I need all the help i can get!

My Little Art Blog

THE RINGLING 100

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to us." --Gandalf
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,545 Times in 2,157 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i transferred in about sixty credits....you can do your art history..your 3d design...2d design...most of the foundation classes from the ringling course list....all your math...english...and liberal arts electives.

that is the best way at ringling...its too expensive to be studying about ballet in an elective when you could be painting.

they will only waive first year if you transfer in...but you can fill gaps in the other years by taking classes elsewhere.

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i transferred with over 100 hours and got 45 to transfer. if your looking to be in ca its doubtful you can transfer as a sophmore, there has to be a spot available in the class and you have to satisfy all the core requirements. i know a few people that transferred in as sophmore illustrators and gic, but not any ca's

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok well I have been putting off my art education long enough.I am actually going to graduate with a bachelor's degree in Business from Florida State (my parents request) in May of this next year so that should take care of all the Liberal Arts and Academic Stuff. As for art I will have 3 art history courses done, drawing 1, and 2D design. Over the summer I am going to take life drawing 1 and maybe drawing 2. Does anyone have suggestions of what else I should take before I apply to Ringling? (I'm applying two years down the road to save up some $!

My Little Art Blog

THE RINGLING 100

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to us." --Gandalf

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ringling advised me not to graduate before i went there, you wont be able to get as many loans and as much financial aid if you have your ba. just something to keep in mind

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,545 Times in 2,157 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    well he would be better off without all the debt anyhow.

student loans are a drag.

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, i hate to hijack a thread, but i have a question and it kinda pertains to this topic here. i have been accepted in to the illustration program at ringling and i'll be starting next august. right now i cannot fit a community college into my budget to cover some of the basic courses to transfer credits. i guess what i'm saying is is it worth it to go to ringling without transferring credits?? i am fearful... i am older and wiser and know that i'll get out of school what i put into it and what i take upon myself to learn on my own and from my peers, but will having math and such really bog me down enough to ruin the experience of it all? don't get my wrong though, i am looking forward to the day i start :chug: i just get worried seeing some of the negativity towards the school. kthxbye

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.