note: The deadline won't be EXACTLY after a week...it can last up to 24 hours more, i am human and have to work also, you know
How to post
In this thread you can post all wips, questions, comments etc
However if you are done with your entry, post the final image in the following thread.
JakkaS and me came up with an interesting twist for the new topic. There is another activity on conceptar.org which is about animation. It is called Sprite Animation Weekly and you can find it in the activites subforum:
I talked with Sinix before about a round, where COW artists come up with a creature that will be animated in the Sprite Animation Weekly afterwards. So there we are, here are the special restrictions and rules for this round (all other rules are still valid):
1. Design and draw a creature which has a new interesting walking style.
2. The creature must have legs.
3. The creature must use its legs to move. How many legs, what shape, what movement - that's your part!
4. The creature moves only with its own body parts. It can use other body parts additionally to its legs to move, but nothing which is not part of the creature.
5. The creature must be able to move by its own power, eg no rolling down hills etc
6. Only 1 image of the creature allowed. Do not make drawings with several frames to show how the creature walks, that is the part of the animators later on in the Sprite Animation Weekly. The Animators shall come up with their own interpretation of the movement, if it's obvious by the drawing it's fine, if not the more interesting it will be.
7. You can come up with a concept text where you describe how the creature moves, if you don't feel like you can leave it without text, but remember that users have to vote for your entry. If no one understands your concept (and this rounds victory might be based strongly on a good understanding of your concept) you may fail.
8. No individual/character!!! Make a concept of a species!
This is an experiment to see how and if combining 2 activities will work. If there are any misunderstandings please ask, i bet there will
Hey Foz, I have a couple questions.
I don't know if it's ever been brought up, but are sculptures allowed?
When you say 1 image, do you mean in total or just not images that are in sequential order to show the walk cycle? I guess I'm wondering since I'd like to do an illustration and a sculpt.
Hey Foz, I have a couple questions.
I don't know if it's ever been brought up, but are sculptures allowed? I guess I'm wondering since I'd like to do an illustration and a sculpt.
Only sculptures are not allowed, i think i wrote it down in the rules/faq thread. But if you want to add a sculpture to your image it's ok
Originally Posted by jhagen22
When you say 1 image, do you mean in total or just not images that are in sequential order to show the walk cycle?
Just not images that are in sequential order to show the walk cycle. If you want to show your creature in different poses or situations it's ok, just want to avoid that there is a source of frames where animators are limited in their interpretation and imagination of how the creature walks. I don't want degrade their work to only producing in-between-frames of the COW artists key frames
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fozzybar For This Useful Post:
my first c.o.w ever so i probably won't get any further than this but its basically a creature with stilt legs and has a weight bag on front to make it perfectly balanced, to move forward it alters the weight bag so it stumbles forward