I Also Need Help (i Have No Creativity)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Duztyn(db)Brown is offline "Reason is powerless in the expression of Love"
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I Also Need Help (i Have No Creativity)

Okay i read the guys thing about SUCKING well i am realizing that i suck now lol... but its not the accual drawing.. its that i cant make sumthing up like i could when i was ten..but now that im 18 i cant =( If i am giving a picture to draw then i can draw it but if i haft to create a character I JUST CANT DO IT =( and I NEVER CAN GET there POSITION right. I feel that all i can draw when i amm creating somthing is A standard forward character stance.. I JUST SEEM TO HAVE LOST ALL MY CREATIVITY =( I WISH I COULD DRAW created characters in DIFFERNT STANCES AND BE THE SAME QUALITY AS IF I COPIED SUMone's WORK.... SO ANY HELP ON GROWING MY IMAGINATION PLEASE GIVE ME SUM INFO OR UPLIFTING STATEMENTS LOL.... I GET SOOO FRUSTRATED I FELL LIKE IM GOING TO EXPLOED SO I JUST BALL THE PAPER UP bomb:

Last edited by Duztyn(db)Brown; October 8th, 2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: errors
    "One can have no smaller or greater mastery than mastery of oneself" so "Every good painter paints what he is"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Work with your basics, that will help you getting confident on what you do, and the rest will come easier. Bridgeman, Loomis and drawing from life is the easiest way to go.

Motivation and inspiration:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=138102

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=111685

There's is NO need to make a new topic about your art sucking when you've just read about it another thread, you'll get exactly the same answers. Follow what was mentioned in the other thread.

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sorknes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,161 Times in 1,707 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    First calm down.

Second, draw from life.

Third, find an anatomy book. And copy it over into your notebooks.

Fourth, when you want to draw a picture, relax, lay back and close your eyes. Dream in your imagination the scene. Try to imagine it very clearly, like you are there. Every day work on training your imagination this way for a little while. And then when you get a good image in your head, see if you can hold it there. And then draw from that image, just as you would draw from something that is front of you. Trace the image from your imagination onto paper.

Good luck.

kev

At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kev ferrara For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    or find work at a factory

WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hyver For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAHA didnt mean to come off so rash lol.... and the other guy was about his accual artwork not his imagination THANKZ alot though BOTH OF YOU... I guess just taking time to imagine sumthin should of been common since lol i should of took time to think about alot more stuff hehe... but thats wat ill do.. ill take 30 minute out of everyday to relax get away from a stressful invironment and create stuff in my mind.. HUH i should of been doing that the whole time instead of getting so agrevated THANKZ

"One can have no smaller or greater mastery than mastery of oneself" so "Every good painter paints what he is"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,522 Times in 3,716 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Read books that haven’t been made into films and cast them with unknowns in your mind. Become the director and frame each scene. Will you get an Oscar?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Though much good advice has been said, if you're worried about creating something COOL and original, just doodle anything, and yeah, relax!! It'll be torture for you if you don't get that pencil on paper and even scratch a line or two over it! Sometimes a great character (or a poor one, doesn't matter) can be born from nothing but a couple lines and curves that happen to move JUST right.

Good success!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Actually, I don't think your issue with creating different positions, views, stances, etc for your created characters is a problem with IMAGINATION at all. It's a problem with KNOWLEDGE. And it's the same knowledge problem all artists face... namely, you just don't have enough knowledge - yet.

It's MUCH easier to copy a pose that's already been thought out than to create your own. In fact it's darn near impossible without significant foundation, knowledge, and understanding of anatomy. That's why artists use models, photographs, manikins, etc.

What you're saying here is essentially, "Damn - I wish I had a Ferrari... I mean, I know what a Ferrari looks like, so why can't I just take my Kia and bang out the body a little? What's wrong, I must be mechanically dumb or something." For now, be happy with your one boring straight-on view... with more practice and understanding, you'll add to that.

"Change is a virtue my friend... if you want to escape, all you have to do is make up your mind."
    John Cale / Bob Neuwirth

Here be SKETCHIES...

www.ccthrom.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its not that you don't have creativity its just that you don't have the skills to execute your ideas, at 10 you just drew because you enjoyed it as an adult you now have a more fixed idea of what your drawing should be but your probably lacking in the basics

www.fineart.sk - good resource for books on anatomy and perspective

maybe take life drawing classes, prepare a portfolio and if you want to break to into the industry try enrol in an art college.

SKETCHBOOK

"There aren't any shortcuts. You've got to dig in – study and draw the world around you. This is the only way to hone your skill and develop a style that is your own". GREG CAPULLO

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks alot to everyone and I will definiatly work on my anatomy... i apprechiate the advice and i am sorry for posting so many threads

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.