Sketchbook: kikindaface is learning to draw ! - Page 8
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: kikindaface is learning to draw !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    uuhhh! you got markers!! yeah, kick in some more of them thumbnails if you passed you´re exams! keep working
    cheers

••• Φ •••

Nettle_Mountain - walnut - SamC - Walid D - Nrx - Dilated - FraserMcT
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nicce job on those poses from imagination, maybe not 100% accurate but they do convince. If you do more of these, which i heartily encourage, try blocking in the face too. It's never too early to learn how to the get the hang of that. And keep doing the Loomis stick figures, i can already see you're gaining a lot from them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 633 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah Loomis! \°O°/
    Good to see you working hard man! Especially like the last figures. Do more of everything

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi, your studies are looking good, still working hard i hope.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Salut,
    j'ai pas laissé de messages depuis un certain temps et je te vois travailler comme un dingue...tu es sur strasbourg meme ou dans les environs??? Tu as peut etre des cours du soir de dessin dans une ecole pres de chez toi ??? Je sais plus trop si je t'avais dit mon point de vue la dessus mais le moment ou j'ai le plus progressé c'est quand j'ai pu me confronter a du model vivant avec un prof ( de la vieille école heureusement pour moi , et à coté de ça il y avait pas mal de reflexion que j'ai pu avoir en lisant le forum....).

Haruon is offline Symphony of Inspiration.. Where r U!!! Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woooo. Great study dude.. Keep it up.. Hey, natural born right brainer comes with a real flaw.. They are so much lazier coz the got the art gift.. Hahahaha.. Kidding.. Everybody has problem with laziness, just needs hard work to change all that.. HAha.. Improve more on ure pencil man.. U got talent.. Strokes are a crucial part of the drawing.. It decides either good or just brilliant. So, strive hard and God bless..

-Take my LIFE away, and give me my inspiration.. Let my own life fades, but may my drawing skill improve.. I want them all, but i can't be greedy.. I must choose, so i choose you.. My art n Inspiration,GOD-

Symphony of Inspiration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fraz : Thanks dude !

Sketchz : Thanks, and no, it's not the sydney harbor bridge , but when, i googled it, it have some similarities lol !

sketcheth : Thanks dude !

Earendil : Thanks dude ! Yeah, i do some thumbnails, but still don't have done a rendered piece, i have some difficulties with textures

bigfooTrooper : thanks, and uuhhhh, i just have the black marker, but i'll buy some grey ones soon !

walnut : thanks dude ! I will do more loomis studies

algenpfleger : Hey dude, thanks ! Yeah, have to kick my ass to work harder, but i think i'm going on the right way ! Anyway, i'm glad to see you here

Glass eye : Thanks, and yeah, still working hard

dessinateurimpulsif :Merci ! En fait, j'habite a une dizaine de kilomètres de strasbourg ! Il y a des cours de nu a proximité, mais assez cher :p

Haruon : Thanks dude, and you're totally right, i also find that those who were born with the gift are lazier :p it's hard ti overcome lazyness, but i'll manage it ( i hope ..)

Well, i just post the thunderdome i did with bigfoot and SamC, the rest will come in a few times

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The elbow is a bit high up. It should be about the nasel. I know it is bending, but not enough to make that much of a difference.
    keep it up.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm struggling with characters myself. But I tend to go about it like this:

Basic Shape (silhouette, gesture etc.) > Structure (volumes) > Details

It looks like you missed the structure part. I can see your gestures and outlines, but there is no sense of volume. This is where you really need to think in terms of 3d shapes. Use cylinders, boxes etc and make sure you draw centre lines and lines that wrap around forms. This will give you a more 3d approach, and it will feel more like a sculpting process.

The same process used for the figure can be used on the armour and accessories. Create a new layer on top of the figure and experiment with big shapes before drawing specific shields and plates. Do your best to work big to small, even for complex stuff like armour, it will make everything more unified. Keep loads of armour references and quickly flick through them, draw a little and look at them again. Make use of short term memory to use reference to design rather than directly copy.

Anyway, I'm no expert. Hopefully this will help a little but I feel out of place giving lectures

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Man Made God For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fraz : thanks dude, nice to see you again Yeah, i have some difficulties with the elbow, and when it sucks, all the arm looks weird Hope that next time, you will join us on a thunderdome

Man Made God : thanks dude! your advice is great ! yeah, i missed the "basic shapes" part, i think loomis teach that, but if he doesn't, i'll study from Kevin Chen ! Anyway, thanks for your help !

Well, here are some stuff, my first bargue study ( pretty hard, i'm afraid to continu lol ) did my sp ( damn, it looks like i'm always doing the same mistakes, it's been a while that i didn't improve, the only good thing is that i improved in rendering, itried to render the ear, to test, and it looks quite good ) some hands which looks bad, and enviros, were i was focusing on doing good perspective ! I'm also doing a digital painting of a complex scene, i was pissed of to always do simple object, so i tryed harder stuff. at the beginning it was a speed painting, but i thank that it will be good to do it accurately, so there are some mistakes, with the foregrund car, and the right part looks too blury, but i think i managed to create depth and voume ! have to work harder ! I was too lazy to scan stuff on my moleskin sketchbook, so it will be for the next time !

My57 is offline I will live forever or DIE TRYING! Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i would like to point out that your sign thing is to low, would recommend fixing it before continuing.

btw i think its the size that makes it look that its to low, and the perspective is also a bit off on the sign if you look at your reference.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    My observational skills may be great but i said nothing about my drawing skills

My Blog/Tumblr

My Sketchbook - College Years

My Sketchbook - High School

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BUY MY SHIRTS PLEASE - They're awesome.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to My57 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ça devrait t'aider a corriger ton perso que tu as posté plus haut... On voit assez bien les volumes simples et les proportions memes si c'est tout petit...

http://www.human-anatomy-for-artist.com/index.php

Je sais pas si tu connais, ça peut etre utile....( meme si ça ne remplacera jamais l'etude d'après nature....)

Question a 100 balles...où a tu eu des planches de details du genre des yeux que tu as posté????ça m'interesse beaucoup....

Last edited by dessinateurimpulsif; January 27th, 2009 at 07:20 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dessinateurimpulsif For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks...for visit my stuff, dear 'wild D, i m profesnal illustrator for last 8 years, so i know this software very well,but not uplod hear that stuff, thanks 4 yr sujjestion, keep in tuch...bytheway...good study....keep going...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bharat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good workload man, push your portraits out of line then go back to line. i suspect your drawing edges not planes, (id say do digital sps, then go to line after to reinforce what you learn) but this is my opinion ofc!

anywa good stuff, keep it up

dan's sketchbook

The ssg with no name.. for now
    NRX - Frasermct - Walid D - The wannabe Dr, Mr Phil - Dilated

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nrx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey walid long time since i posted here
    solid eye studies there
    may i ask where you got them from

the 2nd hand seems a bit off, the thumb part is kinda long
    but yeah as always, keep working!

Quote Originally Posted by OmenSpirits View Post
    (on the topic of ART) She's a demanding bitch that wants ALL your time and gets angry and pulls away if you even LOOK at another creative endeavor! "What, I'm not GOOD enough for you now? hm? well guess what, BAM! now try to draw without me, ya bastard!"
    HELLO SKETCHBOOK.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to alffla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice update, your 3rd enviro thumb is pretty cool. Nice to see your painting again but try something a bit more simple something like times square with crazy detail is a great undertaking. Anyway MORE

Currently looking for work!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dilated For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My57 : Thanks dude for your help !

dessinateurimpulsif : merci pour ton aide

bharat : thanks dude ! I'm glad to see you here, keep doing your art !

Nrx : Thanks bro ! Yeah, i also think that i'm working on lines instead of shapes, that's why my sps looks so flat ! I think i'll follow your advices, and i'll do some sps in photoshop ! Thanks

dlquddnr : thanks dude, i'll def do more hands !

Sketchz : Thanks dude ! Yeah, i think i need to start doing complex things, to improve, you know, even if it's too difficult, i'm learning so much things, i find that my painting skiils have improved a bit, i can feel the volume of cars, and i can create more easily the illusion of depth, so even if it's difficult, i will continu it

So today, i just did a value study in photoshop, and i painted some things while i learned light ( i'm far from learning everything about light, i didn't even finished to learn the basics of light, but it's really interesting ! ) I was focusing on artificial light, you know the way Mr Delicious and some other artists were mixing warm light and cool light, i find it beautiful, and i'm trying to reproduce this effect ! For the value study, the face is far from looking like the model, but i like the noze i painted, i dunno why, i can feel the volume of this noze, whereas the painting looks flat !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this latest phto study is spot on!

i wish you had included the ribs in her hat though

cheers!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Oranje Joe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great new value study for sure - if you cant match it 'exactly' but what you have done isnt 'wrong' dont kill yourself over it. Sometimes things are hard to capture and for today you did good.

I would say the largest value mistake that flatens her face is the highlight coming into the cheek from between the lip and nose. It doesnt shape the upper part of the mouth properly and how it flows into the cheek. Its good to use high opacity brushes to get things feeling right, but dont hesitate to come back with a little softer ones to blend soft areas....just be VERY aware to not remove good edges.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Paints are looking vvvery nice, nice to see your genius tablet isn't holding you back , Watch the values on the body, even the little ones make the difference, your paints body looks a little flat.

also Do you blur the edges with a soft brush or a blur tool?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oranje Joe : Thanks for your comment ! Yeah, i totally forgot to do the ribs :p

Jakers : Hey man, i'm glad to see you here ! Your advices are always awesome ! Thanks for helping me !

Sketchz : Thanks man ! Yeah, oddly, i was unable to see all the body values, so i sucked up

today, i just did a thunderdome with a friend, and it sucks, the perspective looks crappy ( vanishing points are too close ) I tried to work on light, but it sucks too ! Will do better next time. I'm also working on the principles of design ( unity, variety, balance, ....) I will do kickass designs soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice stuff!

my only crit is on the hands, masses of the fingers are wrong I think. see if you get something out of Bridgemans hands. or just do lots of life study!
    your on track, specially with the digits! more!

cheers

••• Φ •••

Nettle_Mountain - walnut - SamC - Walid D - Nrx - Dilated - FraserMcT

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    With your latest one I hope this isnt too harsh but it lacks much interest try to think of things that will tell the viewer of the story, the square bulding seems a little bland really try to use your imagination for architecture. The Ground in the painting also seem pretty flat try adding some interests like shrubs ditches raised ground etc.
    Though on a positive note the glow from the building looks awesome.
    I hope I wasn't to harsh.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man. Judging by your latest painting and your last two thunderdomes, i can see you spend way too much time and thought on perspective lines. You need to try working from blobs, slowly building form, loosely drawing lines with shoulders hips and feet etc to the vps. And if you're getting stuck just remember that you'd rather have something down that you can change than be staring at a blank page.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bigfooTrooper : Thanks ! For the hand, i really need to do do more hands drawins from life ! And mor paintings from life ! More of everything :p

Sketchz : You're not harsh at all, this is true ! Thanks for your help, i will take care of it next time !

SamC : Thanks for your help ! Your advices are really precious !

Well, today, did bargues studies, and try to render a hand. I think i made a step forward with this one, but it's still a bit messed up, i need to have more control on my hatchings, better line quality, i also need to draw bigger ....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great line quality in the nose and mouth sketches and your studies in general are pretty solid
    thanks for sharing
    later -jedi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The hatching's not half bad, your lines are following the forms. Just try to get more contrast next time. I find it helpful to draw a value scale on a scrap bit of paper, so you can always imagine what the darkest darks look like.

There aren't any glaring issues, just keep practicing and maybe do some pencil studies from other artists if you find it helps.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like that your sketching a lot of different things
    i would recommend to do some loose sketches... make tons of them

the enviros in this post are fine #206

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hi

...seeya....cool...!

Last edited by bharat; February 6th, 2009 at 04:57 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice line quality on the bargue stuff, for the hand like man made god said a wider contrast would really help it, and also watch out for where you put bulk values, even though the fingers are making a shadow there still is a value progression.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5