Sketchbook: kikindaface is learning to draw ! - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your poses are getting better and better! go on!! on thing, I never mange but they say you should always try: finish the pose… that would be all I can say about them!

I like your enviro thumb as well, blow it up and detail it out!
    keep on working

oh and, ahm I some how don´t got you on MSN…do you got my invite message?
    cheers

••• Φ •••

Nettle_Mountain - walnut - SamC - Walid D - Nrx - Dilated - FraserMcT
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Φ For This Useful Post:

My57 is offline I will live forever or DIE TRYING! Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the link!

Cant wait to try and use them...Gonna have to use my sketchbook sadly since my other computer is on the fritz and it has the printer -_-"

My observational skills may be great but i said nothing about my drawing skills

My Blog/Tumblr

My Sketchbook - College Years

My Sketchbook - High School

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BUY MY SHIRTS PLEASE - They're awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fraz : Thanks dude !

bigfooTrooper : Thanks, yeah, I'll try to finish them, but it's not easy !

My57 : If you've no printer at the moment, you can still use photoshop

So today, I don't know why , but I suck ! Here is a painting from life I just finished ( maybe it's because I'm tired that it's sucking !!) but it's crappy ! It's a kind of mettalic object my mother just bought ! But it doesn't look like metalic ! Maybe I'll do it again tomorow, the morning this time to see the difference ! I also have to finish my enviro for tomorow .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It seems to 'black' to be metallic. Also needs more reflections. Metal is fun to render. Keep trying. You could try do glass as well, cause that shit is hard.

Anyway, can't wait for all the SSG stuff. You are gonna be crazy awesome after all of the work!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What is that metallic thing? Other than that, your digitals are looking great! Nice values. Bridgman seems to be doing you real good
    I'm a sucker for pencil work though. Would be cool to see some finished pencils from you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fraz : Thanks for your advices ! Yeah, hope we will improve and will make badass stuff !!

jackpot_anjr90 : Haha, yeah, this one looks awfull ! Didn't have time today to paint it again, maybe tomorow ! I will try to do more life drawings !

So today, I'll only post sucking stuff ! Here is the perspective thumbnail page, and my colored environment ! I'm really sorry, but didn't have time to finish it ! But it sucks ... No light, no shadow, no textures !! Need to work harder on light theory ! I'll do this tomorrow ! Anyway, I'll do better next time ! Perspective thumbnails helped me a lot ! Now, I feel better when I have to put my ideas into paper. It was a great assignment ! Will do this more often

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice thumbnails, however I agree with you on your colour environment. The main flaw is colours and lighting. There is no specific light source, and you havn't really chosen a nice palette. I would suggest doing it in black and white first and colouring it afterward. It will make it easier to get tones down, and then make it more fun and easy while experimenting with colour.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah fraz nailed it, im sure you could work into it more and make it work better, but you already know this so... gujess im just checking in

dan's sketchbook

The ssg with no name.. for now
    NRX - Frasermct - Walid D - The wannabe Dr, Mr Phil - Dilated

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah still agreeing with those 2. You're better than this ! The shadows contradict with the light source you've shown from the light on the hut, your cast shadows would be to the right, not downwards. That metallic one earlier up is good, it doesn't really matter if you use black, because you can't forget metal can be dark or light, it's just the shading that needs to be relative to each other. The block of beige in the middle could have been worked into more.

Show me the study See you around

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SamC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi!
    I'm coming to see your sketchbook and i'm impressed to see how much you work, and how lucky you are to have a model an hour every day...
    digital painting from life are good...

see you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those thumbnails are nice, but if you're gonna do quick thumbs you may as well just spend an hour or two pumping out loads of them, the whole point is to get ideas flowing, isn't it?

Environments are tough, let me know if you find a way to quickly render foliage. I was thinking that the default round brushes are pretty crappy in that respect, but it feels kinda cheap just laying down a textured brush... I was playing about with size pressure variation on the default brushes. You can get a lot more edge variation but it still feels pretty awkward.

Anyway, keep it up. There's a lot of improvement in here and your digital painting was pretty strong from the start. Good to see you're keeping it varied!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Man Made God For This Useful Post:

My57 is offline I will live forever or DIE TRYING! Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i kno i dont need a printer, but i find it so much easier if i have the image on my desk, rather then on the computer screen.

besides ive been using pencils recently. fun to get back into them, a lot better for shading i find.

My observational skills may be great but i said nothing about my drawing skills

My Blog/Tumblr

My Sketchbook - College Years

My Sketchbook - High School

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BUY MY SHIRTS PLEASE - They're awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fraz : Thanks dude, will try your process next time !

Nrx : Yeah, ........ you're just checkin in ..........

SamC : thanks dude for your critism, it helps me .Now i'm learning color theroy, and some lighting fundamentals, so hope I'll be able to show you what I've learned.

dessinateurimpulsif : Thanks dude ! When you speack about models, it's about selfportraits ? In that case, yeah, i'm so lucky to have a mirror haha

Man Made God : Thanks, I'm always using the round brush, and it kills textures, so I really need to use more brushes, but the basic brushes with photoshop are crappy ! If someone know a good brushs set, please, pm the link ! Anyway, if i find a better way to render foliage, I'll let you know

My57 : Yeah ! Anyway, keep working, and try to draw more from life, it's better

So today was a bad day, had to clean up the garage, and it took me so much time, I was just able to do some posemaniacs in OC, and some perspective thumbnails, but have some issues with my scanner's drivers, so I'll just show you some posemaniacs, Stiil in 30 sec, a bit better, but have difficulties to finsh the figure, so I think I'll do some 60 seconds ! Anyway, thanks all, and especially the SSG to support me, it's my biggest motivation to update my sb each day, even if I work a bit some days, it's better than nothing !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, anything is better than nothing. Keep up the quick studies, even if they're not finished they look promising.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaytea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice posemaniacs man. I am like you and can never finish them. It is however a great feeling when you finish them before it runs out and you like the look of it!
    Keep it up, and try harder!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You said in your 6th post in this thread " 1 hour daily posemaniac ( with the less strock a can do)"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey mate, nice to see that you are still battling posemaniacs and getting better and better at it as well!

Something that I can't stop looking in your sketchbook atm is your mums little metal figurine. I think you were of to a great start with it. The main issue with it is that its tummy (?) seems to be a bit too even in color. This is just a guess from my side but I think it might be that you'd put it in an environment that was very clean, and that all it could reflect was the ground it stood on. I somehow get the feeling that the problem with this object wasn't as much your painting skills as the setup. I think you would have an easier time to capture the metal-look if you let it reflect more objects or at least make sure that the surface it stands on doesn't give out too much reflected light. But, as I said, these are just guesses from my side... I just really want to see another attempt at it so I just spurted out some of the things that crossed my mind.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Meilin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Shalite : Hey girl, I'm glad to see you here again ! I'll try to finish them next time

Fraz : Thanks, will try harder ...

dessinateurimpulsif : pmed you about that

Meilin : Oh, I was updating when you wrote your comment Yeah, It was on a white sheet, without anything aroud, that's because there is a big " yellow-grey" part just in the middle of the figurine. I'll try t o paint it tomorow, the morning, with the day light and sky light, plus my desk's lamp; it will be fun and will look more realistic( i hope)

So today, just a few enviros thumbnails, I really feel thet it becomes better and better
    I think I'll try to develop that kind of ancient arabian city for the ssg challenge ! Hope I'll finish it !!

Last edited by kikindaface; December 17th, 2008 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn dude, they are nice. Any tips on creating thumbnails with loads of buildings?, as mine just look scribbly...
    Truthfully, I think you need to spend more time drawing. Fill your days gaps with drawing instead of random uneeded things like sleeping and eating
    More drawing though, a lot more. Try set yourself some time limits and have your alarm set for the start but not the end. You will get caught up drawing (well at least I do) and will only realize that you should have been sleeping a few hours ago.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fraz : Thanks dude for your help !Unfortunately, I have no tips for making a scene with loads of buildings, it comes with practice. You just have to clean your mind and to look at what you wanna drawing ! but sometimes, it's just a freestyle drawing, don't know what it will look until the end, and it's funny ! So sometimes, just be confident with your hand, make some strokes, and let your imagination do the rest I really need to be more organized in my work, to have clear goals, I thinks it will help to be more motivae, and more focused in my work !

Today, some posemaniacs( still unfinished, but a bit better, especially on proportions) , a bit of anatomy studies, a life drawing, and the digital painting of that metal thing which still doesn't looks like metal, but it's better ...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff man. About your Bargue question there is a book full of them, however it is fairly expensive. The best way to do it would to be look at others studies where they show the reference such as in this thread:
    http://tsofa.com/viewtopic.php?t=206...41a2225596b86e
    Here is a large one:
    http://digilander.libero.it/tuttobia...0002bargue.jpg
    Also, if you look through this:
    http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264765
    It has a few 'plates'.

Posemaniacs: Try not sketch the same line twice unless you have the whole figure drawn. I need to do it too. Damn I should use my own advice lol.
    Nice shoulders.
    The onion is fairly nice, however you should try use more values, use different pencils if needed. Try get a texture by using different strokes for different materials.
    Digi, try to get a cleaner outline. Metal normally has hard outlines, but hey, you might be right. I havn't seen what you are drawing so I can't really help.
    Keep it up!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Waild, great work on the poses and studies are looking good, like that onion sketch as well.

btw I think Fraz is right about the outline on that metal object, needing to be shaper.

Keep-at-it-mate

matt,

Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool update man, i wish i give you advice that i was 100% correct, all i could say is that i try to establish the core shadows first then add detail and texture after (ie draw the onion as a plain ball, except for the describing shapes) then go in and add the details that make it look oniony over the top... but take that advice with a hadfull of salt because it dosnt work too well for me

dan's sketchbook

The ssg with no name.. for now
    NRX - Frasermct - Walid D - The wannabe Dr, Mr Phil - Dilated

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff man!! Remember to apply some study straight after to help you remember Painting=win, but remember edges http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51913 I would get a hard brush eraser (or paint brush with the background colour?) and comb the edges that follow the stuff on the list. I really need to start variating between soft and hard edges for realism myself Keep it up, this latest painting shows much much promise

35. The Following User Says Thank You to SamC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    salut walid.... Je pense que sur ton "oignon?" les traits sont trop marqués...les faires plus doux...et augmenter le contraste. Je pense que le plan d'ombre propre etait plus foncé que ça et la partie près du support devait etre legerement dégradé. Quant à l'ombre portée devait etre ( normalement ) plus sombre que l'ombre propre... il y a un post de prometheus anj qui explique un peu tout ça...c'est un peu le meme procede qu'on utilise en photo. Une surface reflechie la lumiere et debouche l'ombre propre du modele qu'on photographie du coup dans cette situation ombre propre = débouchée par le support qui reçoit l'ombre projettée...
    Voila...( J'espere pas avoir donné l'impression de me la pété avec des théories )

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/sro07.html

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/sro08.html

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/sro09.html

Je trouve ces liens interessants.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to dessinateurimpulsif For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi walid, thanks for all your support in my sb. Yours work has defenetely improved since th first page, keep at it mate.

Oh and with the metal guy, I find it usually helps if you can at least see some of what the object is reflecting, so if you placed something small next to it that would fit in the frame, say a red button, you'd be able to see that the object is actually reflective and not just coloured in a pattern that looks like a reflection. So basically, if you were to zoom out and be able to see the window that its reflecting and so on, it would already look more like a reflective metal, not that it really matters though since its just a study and not a final composition. Maybe if you do another try what I suggested

keep up the effort though

Btw, whats an SSG?

Last edited by renew; December 20th, 2008 at 04:11 AM.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to renew For This Useful Post:

Leo Ki is offline Trying to tame that growling stylus Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello future storyboarder! That's an impressive bunch of studies around here!
    Plus you tend to pick ref shots with superb lighting, good taste!
    Sometimes on posemaniacs, try not to lift the pen so often.
    (sorry if it's been said before)
    Quîpiteup! J'attends les storyboards!

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo Ki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man great stuff.
    By the looks of those pose maniacs sketch's your choosing really short intervals, I think you would get alot more out of it if you went slightly longer and eventually when you master it, go quicker etc etc.

Currently looking for work!

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Dilated For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good to see that your working hard! I'd suggest you do more from your imagination though. Like if you draw some arms from ref draw some arms from imagination afterwards.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Imaginary For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry guys, I'll reply later ! now i'm too tired !

Just a few thumbnails today ! Feel more comfortable with that !

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5