Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: kikindaface is learning to draw !

Thanks
    nice walid, sexy light on that lady. you def making improvement happening in here! keep trying. the face feels kinda soft, try to "sculpt" it by making the contours clear. the brain doesn't read ares but contours…at least thats what I heard. thats why you can draw 2 circles and make 2 dots in them…and boom you already see 2 eyes "looking" at you. your brains already interpreting something…so make the contours clear………WTF am a talking…dunno if you get me

take care
    ••• Φ •••

Nettle_Mountain - walnut - SamC - Walid D - Nrx - Dilated - FraserMcT
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Φ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    salut...
    ça fait un tit bout de temps que je n'avais pas posté un message dans ton post...
    kikindaface is learning to draw !

Fait attention ici... tu fais des traits, mais il n'y en a jamais....au mieux c'est le bords d'une zone dégradée et là par exemple pour le trait que tu fais en haut c'est plutot une zone d'ombre due au glissement de la paupiere sur l'oeil qui vient du coup se glisser " sous" l'arcade sourcilière, donc il vaux mieux faire un dégradé pour faire ce volume. Approche toi de la glace le plus que tu peux et tu verras que c'est pas un trait...idem pour le "eye liner", je ne pense pas que tu en mette...donc je ne comprends pas trop ce trait. D'ailleur je me suis rendu compte il y a quelques années que dans la réalité même le trait n'existe pas , au mieux c'est une surface très mince et cette surface doit etre traité de maniere a la comprendre comme faisant "partie" d'un volume . Je sais pas si je suis claire, mais par exemple sur ta paupiere tu as fais un trait qui représente un semblant de eye liner...or tu fais un trait non pas sur un volume que tu tente de representer , mais un trait que tu applique sur ta feuille. Ce qu'il faudrait plutot dans ce que tu veux faire , c'est de representer une surface très mince plus foncée sur le bord du volume de la paupiere...et donc ton "trait" (qui n'est pas un trait) doit avoir differente nuances pour restituer le volume de cette surface.....bon la en fait je me demande si je suis tres claire....

et euuuuhh sur tes 4 portraits tu aggrandis un peu trop les yeux....bref....je retourne dessiner moi aussi j'en ai bien besoin....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dessinateurimpulsif For This Useful Post:

Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dessinateurimpulsif For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hello there, good progress, i like the eye corner in first digital and sharp clean element of masses in naked study.

I might have a something interesting for you to try on, but i have to try it myself first to see does it work...

You seem to be quite careful when drawing and sketching, right? If yes this is not a critique, careful and taking your tinme is good but it is also good to learn sketch loosely and fast to improve faster and be less self conscious when drawing. Posemaniacs 10 pieces of 45 seconds every day (takes 8 minutes of your time daily...) for two weeks could make miracles here...
    MY SKETCHBOOK IN BIG LETTERS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=116474
    COMPLETE LIST OF THE FORGOTTEN SKETCHBOOKS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1992378

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nettle_Mountain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Cool colour studies. They look pretty damn awesome. Keep pushing though, you seem to be slowing down!
    I dunno if you do already, but it would be a good idea to lay down some guidelines before doing anything, this will help your overall proportions improve.
    As for colour, try to think more in warm and cool colours, and try to get them matching with the values so that it still shows structure and looks 3d.
    More!
    Last edited by FraserMcT; March 12th, 2009 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks
    Hey man, cool stuff, but more updates please lol Errm with these http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...9landscape.jpg I feel that you're relying on your primary opinion of colour too much, you need to really focus and identify colours. In the photo the trees are a midtoney greeny brown with yellow hightlights and quite dark desaturated darks. In yours you've seen the trees and thought that trees are green and put down down some greens, look at the colours before painting. Put both the painting and picture into black and wight and see what the values ranges for things like the sea and trees are. If the values are correct then the picture should always read well. Hope this helped. Keep it up...and more updates

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SamC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sorry, i'm too tired to reply to everyone :s

Just i'm posting to say that i'll start aain daily update, and im working hard to be better ! So here is some old and new stuff ! i won't comment them, tired, as i allready said !

kikindaface is learning to draw ! kikindaface is learning to draw !

kikindaface is learning to draw ! kikindaface is learning to draw !

i'll finish this one :p

A lot of other old work that i didn't post , Yeah i'm lazyyyy !!

Here is the new stuff : i drew on A3 sheets, so that's why i took photos, sorry for the quality !

Thanks
    oh nice man, your cracking it again!
    nice render on the lady so far!

well, keep going!! and train pencil rendering, you cant start early enough…I guess……

take care
    ••• Φ •••

Nettle_Mountain - walnut - SamC - Walid D - Nrx - Dilated - FraserMcT

Thanks
    Liking the progress here Walid, your rendering is coming along nicely!

Thanks
    Keep a close eye on the value numbers you are using, the darkest value on the skin in the photo is about 20, The highest being 92. You just about hit these but you didn't use enough of the values inbetween those, Most skintones go from about 10-90 but clearly the rule can be bent for different light situations. Keep it up..and finish something for once

Thanks
    Nice to see your posting again, keep the daily though aha
    The bed drawings is pretty solid nice man
    REMEMBER TO FINISH YOUR WORK as I said before
    it seems it got better but watch chicken scratching on the hands
    Peace

Currently looking for work!

Thanks
    Your digitals are sick. I am not good enough to criticise them yet.
    Pencil : Take your time. Draw some really light guidelines and think in 3d.
    Keep up the updating!
    My Sketchbook

frazmctag@gmail.com

Thanks
    bigfooTrooper : Thanks bro ! Well, i don't just have to work onrendering, but on everything ! Anyway, during a month, i'll only work on traditionnal things ( i will finish this digital study though ) work on perspective, anatomy, improve my drawing skills, working on watercolors :p will be fun !

MacTire : Thanks man !

SamC : *** man, your advices are always good ! you're right, i was so much focusing that the darkest and the lightest value were good that i forgot inbetween values ! Lol, and don't whorry about that, i'll finish this painting !

Dilated : Thanks ! Yeah have to improve my line :p

FraserMcT : Thanks man ! Lol, you don't need to be good at digital painting to critic it haha ! Say what you think about it ! The more i have different advices and point of views, the more i can improve ! Anyway, it's nice you're here !

Well, started to work more with ink, it will improve my lines quality as hell ( i hope lol ) Started to draw faces from ref, it still looks ugly and flat, but with time, it will be better ! did a sp with ink, it was hard, i can't erase and do it again ( well, it's the goal of using ink :p ) an a few hands on A3 paper, hard, but quite cool !

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast