Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: kikindaface is learning to draw !

Thanks
    Hey mate
    it's awesome to see you working hard to reach your goals. The bargue studies are especially nice, you have really good clean lines there. As for your line drawings in general; you might wanna try to switch up the line weight a bit more to emphazie the most important points. Bob Kato has a really good DVD that covers some good tips about drawing in lines and drawing in general. It's really about drawing the adult main head but a lot about what he says can be generalized to drawing anything. If you can get your hands on it I can really recommend it, but otherwise his message (or what i can remember of it) could basically be shortened into this:
    * draw thorugh the forms, that is pretend that you're painting on top of a sphere for example - and really feel the form when you draw it (I think you've grasped this idea already)
    * overlapping lines are great to show depth
    * use your darkest values and thickest lines to draw focus.
    * dont be afraid to be lose and sketchy outside the points of focus. sketchy things tend to push things back,

hope that this made some sense and keep it up, you're doing great
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey Walid D, thanks for dropping by my sketchbook!
    Thought I'd return the favor

Seems like you are on the same program as I am. Working on the foundations which is so critical. Do you have a schedule/plan how you are approaching your studies?

I think it's great what you are doing and I don't really have much to critique because you are progressing and that's the most important thing.

Those Bargues are sweet!
    Oh hey if you get a chance, check Glenn Vilppu's stuff. He has a great way of getting your poses fluid and lively!
    "Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
    -Anonymous

Jussi Tarvainen

BLOG

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YuZa View Post
    Oh hey if you get a chance, check Glenn Vilppu's stuff. He has a great way of getting your poses fluid and lively!
    I second this. I'd seriously recommend Hogarth and Vilppu for dynamic gesture work, but Vilppu was the best I ever read for learning how to draw in volumes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    You've been working hard here man, good stuff.

Line works really coming along same with shading.
    Keep it up Walid!

matt
    Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

Thanks
    Dilated : Thanks ! Well i did some acrylics and watercolors, they were failed, but i learned a lot !

Nettle_Mountain : Hey dude, nice to see you again ! thanks for your advices, 'ill follow it ( well i allready started to do it with movies painting, but i was not really focused on composition, will do other movies sketches ! )

kidult : Thanks man !

bigfooTrooper : Thanks man for your help and support ! i made the underpainting layer, and it was really better !

Meilin : wow, huge comment !! Thanks man for your help ! lol i cant buy the bob kato dvd, so thanks for writing the main points ! I will do my best to remeber these few "rules" when i'll drawing something ! See you

YuZa : Thanks for your comment ! well, i don't really have a schedule, i'm just drawing what i want when i want, but i think i should start a schedule, it will force me to tackle my weaknesses, and things i don't like to do, or find difficult ( like anatomy ) ! Lol, even if i'm improving, you can critic my work, i love when guys critic my work, it's the best way to improve ! I allready heard about vilppu stuff, but i wasn't really interested ! i just saw that he wrote a book about that ! i'll take a look at it !

Man Made God : thanks dude ! Will take a look at it !

JailHouseRock2 : Thanks I don't find i'm working hard ! i really need to be more dedicated, and to do more studies ! but thanks

Well, here is the stuff i did these last days, there was others crappy work without interest that i didn't scan. Well for the character design, now i know how important, even more, completly vital ( ) that i have to learn the human anatomy !

Thanks
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1235524412 This is brilliant, remember the scene well The lines are really solid on the self-portraits..it's just too bad none of them are finished and rendered Keep it up man

Thanks
    you should work on your eyes more with the portrait drawings, try drawing from other people and the such or do some eye studies.
    My observational skills may be great but I said nothing about my drawing skills

Art Station
    Working Years
    My Blog/Tumblr
    College Years
    Highschool Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    nice screens! I like the minas morghul screen! and yeah, kinda second sam, finish a SP from time to time keep at it, maybe well do a thunderdome or a screen session on the weekend (?)

take care
    ••• Φ •••

Nettle_Mountain - walnut - SamC - Walid D - Nrx - Dilated - FraserMcT

Thanks
    Awesome job Walid. Some really good progression in your book. You most recent update is the bomb. Your enviros are coming along really well, but I feel you should take a new approach to your SPs. I feel that you should take planes more into account, and get some tone down.
    This will help you understand the form more, and help project the structure. You should try and break some lines at places to show where it is really light, as I doubt there is a solid outline around your eye in real life.
    Again, the SSG is a wonderful idea. Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Nice update man, the structure of your sp's are improving but like fraser said I definitely think you should start adding some values to your self potraits as well as leaving alot of drawings unfinished, it just makes you fall on your ass when you do a really refined work.
    also your character sketch is pretty dope.

keep it up man
    hopefully we can discuss the assignments thing on vent or something in more detail.

Currently looking for work!

Thanks
    SamC : thanks dude, yeah, i need to do more life drawing !

My57 : Thanks, i'll follow your advices !

bigfooTrooper : Thanks man

FraserMcT : Thanks dude ! Take care

Dilated : Thanks man ! Yeah, i just get bored when i'm doing sps, but i will try to finish one soon !

Well, i'll just post digital painting, i'm too lazy to scann all my drafts, it take too much time ;p I feel i improved a bit with light, and creating mood, i'm quite satisfied with the nude painting i did, even i don't finish it, i can feel the light on it, it's better than the previous ones ! I also did a landscape painting, and a value study with Bigfoot ! Far from finishing it Anyway, i see improvment, and it motivates me haha

kikindaface is learning to draw !

Thanks
    mua ha ha ha ha im gonna steal that model your painting!!!!

lol, anyways good stuff gonna happen here. Would advise that you fix up that black and white face before continuing. I can already see the nose looking to small.

and the water in the models painting is looking to green, but i presume you'll fix that anyways.

thats about it, keep up with those studies and thats it.
    My observational skills may be great but I said nothing about my drawing skills

Art Station
    Working Years
    My Blog/Tumblr
    College Years
    Highschool Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    hey its nice to see you doing study's but you cant just not finish everything, you really have to actually finish something because when it comes to doing actual work you'll struggle to get to the refined stage.

push the next one or I'll kick your ass

Currently looking for work!

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast