Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: kikindaface is learning to draw !

Thanks
    I appreciate seeing people taking a real effort to improve their figure drawing ability. So needless to say, I love what you're doing here. Just keep going at it, you're studying from the best. I just know i'm going to check back here in a week or something and just see massive strides being made. Draw, draw, draw!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Great to see your efforts. They will pay off! Those perspective thumbs are a great way to try out different ideas in a piece, before you spend hours rendering.
    Sketchbook Support Group
    Earendil Jussi Tarvainen Reidaj

~Hope~

Thanks
    uuhhh! you got markers!! yeah, kick in some more of them thumbnails if you passed you´re exams! keep working
    cheers
    ••• Φ •••

Nettle_Mountain - walnut - SamC - Walid D - Nrx - Dilated - FraserMcT

Thanks
    Nicce job on those poses from imagination, maybe not 100% accurate but they do convince. If you do more of these, which i heartily encourage, try blocking in the face too. It's never too early to learn how to the get the hang of that. And keep doing the Loomis stick figures, i can already see you're gaining a lot from them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 636 Posts
    Yeah Loomis! \°O°/
    Good to see you working hard man! Especially like the last figures. Do more of everything

Thanks
    hi, your studies are looking good, still working hard i hope.

Thanks
    Salut,
    j'ai pas laissé de messages depuis un certain temps et je te vois travailler comme un dingue...tu es sur strasbourg meme ou dans les environs??? Tu as peut etre des cours du soir de dessin dans une ecole pres de chez toi ??? Je sais plus trop si je t'avais dit mon point de vue la dessus mais le moment ou j'ai le plus progressé c'est quand j'ai pu me confronter a du model vivant avec un prof ( de la vieille école heureusement pour moi , et à coté de ça il y avait pas mal de reflexion que j'ai pu avoir en lisant le forum....).

Thanks
    Woooo. Great study dude.. Keep it up.. Hey, natural born right brainer comes with a real flaw.. They are so much lazier coz the got the art gift.. Hahahaha.. Kidding.. Everybody has problem with laziness, just needs hard work to change all that.. HAha.. Improve more on ure pencil man.. U got talent.. Strokes are a crucial part of the drawing.. It decides either good or just brilliant. So, strive hard and God bless..
    -Take my LIFE away, and give me my inspiration.. Let my own life fades, but may my drawing skill improve.. I want them all, but i can't be greedy.. I must choose, so i choose you.. My art n Inspiration,GOD-

Symphony of Inspiration

Thanks
    Fraz : Thanks dude !

Sketchz : Thanks, and no, it's not the sydney harbor bridge , but when, i googled it, it have some similarities lol !

sketcheth : Thanks dude !

Earendil : Thanks dude ! Yeah, i do some thumbnails, but still don't have done a rendered piece, i have some difficulties with textures

bigfooTrooper : thanks, and uuhhhh, i just have the black marker, but i'll buy some grey ones soon !

walnut : thanks dude ! I will do more loomis studies

algenpfleger : Hey dude, thanks ! Yeah, have to kick my ass to work harder, but i think i'm going on the right way ! Anyway, i'm glad to see you here

Glass eye : Thanks, and yeah, still working hard

dessinateurimpulsif :Merci ! En fait, j'habite a une dizaine de kilomètres de strasbourg ! Il y a des cours de nu a proximité, mais assez cher :p

Haruon : Thanks dude, and you're totally right, i also find that those who were born with the gift are lazier :p it's hard ti overcome lazyness, but i'll manage it ( i hope ..)

Well, i just post the thunderdome i did with bigfoot and SamC, the rest will come in a few times

Thanks
    The elbow is a bit high up. It should be about the nasel. I know it is bending, but not enough to make that much of a difference.
    keep it up.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm struggling with characters myself. But I tend to go about it like this:

Basic Shape (silhouette, gesture etc.) > Structure (volumes) > Details

It looks like you missed the structure part. I can see your gestures and outlines, but there is no sense of volume. This is where you really need to think in terms of 3d shapes. Use cylinders, boxes etc and make sure you draw centre lines and lines that wrap around forms. This will give you a more 3d approach, and it will feel more like a sculpting process.

The same process used for the figure can be used on the armour and accessories. Create a new layer on top of the figure and experiment with big shapes before drawing specific shields and plates. Do your best to work big to small, even for complex stuff like armour, it will make everything more unified. Keep loads of armour references and quickly flick through them, draw a little and look at them again. Make use of short term memory to use reference to design rather than directly copy.

Anyway, I'm no expert. Hopefully this will help a little but I feel out of place giving lectures

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Man Made God For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Fraz : thanks dude, nice to see you again Yeah, i have some difficulties with the elbow, and when it sucks, all the arm looks weird Hope that next time, you will join us on a thunderdome

Man Made God : thanks dude! your advice is great ! yeah, i missed the "basic shapes" part, i think loomis teach that, but if he doesn't, i'll study from Kevin Chen ! Anyway, thanks for your help !

Well, here are some stuff, my first bargue study ( pretty hard, i'm afraid to continu lol ) did my sp ( damn, it looks like i'm always doing the same mistakes, it's been a while that i didn't improve, the only good thing is that i improved in rendering, itried to render the ear, to test, and it looks quite good ) some hands which looks bad, and enviros, were i was focusing on doing good perspective ! I'm also doing a digital painting of a complex scene, i was pissed of to always do simple object, so i tryed harder stuff. at the beginning it was a speed painting, but i thank that it will be good to do it accurately, so there are some mistakes, with the foregrund car, and the right part looks too blury, but i think i managed to create depth and voume ! have to work harder ! I was too lazy to scan stuff on my moleskin sketchbook, so it will be for the next time !

Thanks
    i would like to point out that your sign thing is to low, would recommend fixing it before continuing.

btw i think its the size that makes it look that its to low, and the perspective is also a bit off on the sign if you look at your reference.
    My observational skills may be great but I said nothing about my drawing skills

Art Station
    Working Years
    My Blog/Tumblr
    College Years
    Highschool Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

17. The Following User Says Thank You to My57 For This Useful Post:

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast