Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Nice update, your 3rd enviro thumb is pretty cool. Nice to see your painting again but try something a bit more simple something like times square with crazy detail is a great undertaking. Anyway MORE

Currently looking for work!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dilated For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My57 : Thanks dude for your help !

dessinateurimpulsif : merci pour ton aide

bharat : thanks dude ! I'm glad to see you here, keep doing your art !

Nrx : Thanks bro ! Yeah, i also think that i'm working on lines instead of shapes, that's why my sps looks so flat ! I think i'll follow your advices, and i'll do some sps in photoshop ! Thanks

dlquddnr : thanks dude, i'll def do more hands !

Sketchz : Thanks dude ! Yeah, i think i need to start doing complex things, to improve, you know, even if it's too difficult, i'm learning so much things, i find that my painting skiils have improved a bit, i can feel the volume of cars, and i can create more easily the illusion of depth, so even if it's difficult, i will continu it

So today, i just did a value study in photoshop, and i painted some things while i learned light ( i'm far from learning everything about light, i didn't even finished to learn the basics of light, but it's really interesting ! ) I was focusing on artificial light, you know the way Mr Delicious and some other artists were mixing warm light and cool light, i find it beautiful, and i'm trying to reproduce this effect ! For the value study, the face is far from looking like the model, but i like the noze i painted, i dunno why, i can feel the volume of this noze, whereas the painting looks flat !

Thanks
    this latest phto study is spot on!

i wish you had included the ribs in her hat though

cheers!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Oranje Joe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Great new value study for sure - if you cant match it 'exactly' but what you have done isnt 'wrong' dont kill yourself over it. Sometimes things are hard to capture and for today you did good.

I would say the largest value mistake that flatens her face is the highlight coming into the cheek from between the lip and nose. It doesnt shape the upper part of the mouth properly and how it flows into the cheek. Its good to use high opacity brushes to get things feeling right, but dont hesitate to come back with a little softer ones to blend soft areas....just be VERY aware to not remove good edges.

Thanks
    Paints are looking vvvery nice, nice to see your genius tablet isn't holding you back , Watch the values on the body, even the little ones make the difference, your paints body looks a little flat.

also Do you blur the edges with a soft brush or a blur tool?

Thanks
    Oranje Joe : Thanks for your comment ! Yeah, i totally forgot to do the ribs :p

Jakers : Hey man, i'm glad to see you here ! Your advices are always awesome ! Thanks for helping me !

Sketchz : Thanks man ! Yeah, oddly, i was unable to see all the body values, so i sucked up

today, i just did a thunderdome with a friend, and it sucks, the perspective looks crappy ( vanishing points are too close ) I tried to work on light, but it sucks too ! Will do better next time. I'm also working on the principles of design ( unity, variety, balance, ....) I will do kickass designs soon

Thanks
    nice stuff!

my only crit is on the hands, masses of the fingers are wrong I think. see if you get something out of Bridgemans hands. or just do lots of life study!
    your on track, specially with the digits! more!

cheers
    ••• Φ •••

Nettle_Mountain - walnut - SamC - Walid D - Nrx - Dilated - FraserMcT

Thanks
    With your latest one I hope this isnt too harsh but it lacks much interest try to think of things that will tell the viewer of the story, the square bulding seems a little bland really try to use your imagination for architecture. The Ground in the painting also seem pretty flat try adding some interests like shrubs ditches raised ground etc.
    Though on a positive note the glow from the building looks awesome.
    I hope I wasn't to harsh.

Thanks
    Hey man. Judging by your latest painting and your last two thunderdomes, i can see you spend way too much time and thought on perspective lines. You need to try working from blobs, slowly building form, loosely drawing lines with shoulders hips and feet etc to the vps. And if you're getting stuck just remember that you'd rather have something down that you can change than be staring at a blank page.

Thanks
    bigfooTrooper : Thanks ! For the hand, i really need to do do more hands drawins from life ! And mor paintings from life ! More of everything :p

Sketchz : You're not harsh at all, this is true ! Thanks for your help, i will take care of it next time !

SamC : Thanks for your help ! Your advices are really precious !

Well, today, did bargues studies, and try to render a hand. I think i made a step forward with this one, but it's still a bit messed up, i need to have more control on my hatchings, better line quality, i also need to draw bigger ....

Thanks
    great line quality in the nose and mouth sketches and your studies in general are pretty solid
    thanks for sharing
    later -jedi

Thanks
    The hatching's not half bad, your lines are following the forms. Just try to get more contrast next time. I find it helpful to draw a value scale on a scrap bit of paper, so you can always imagine what the darkest darks look like.

There aren't any glaring issues, just keep practicing and maybe do some pencil studies from other artists if you find it helps.

Thanks
    i like that your sketching a lot of different things
    i would recommend to do some loose sketches... make tons of them

the enviros in this post are fine #206

Thanks

hi

...seeya....cool...!
    Last edited by bharat; February 6th, 2009 at 05:57 AM.

Thanks
    Nice line quality on the bargue stuff, for the hand like man made god said a wider contrast would really help it, and also watch out for where you put bulk values, even though the fingers are making a shadow there still is a value progression.

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast