Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: kikindaface is learning to draw !

Thanks
    Royzy said all the critique needed
    So, erm.
    Nice job! I hope you had a good christmas, but lets get back into the groove of things again as quickly as possible!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hey man sucks that we're not in the SSG together anymore but it doesnt matter, thanks for the comment anyway and that light sucking exercise looks very nice good luck with everything and most of all have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by OmenSpirits View Post
    (on the topic of ART) She's a demanding bitch that wants ALL your time and gets angry and pulls away if you even LOOK at another creative endeavor! "What, I'm not GOOD enough for you now? hm? well guess what, BAM! now try to draw without me, ya bastard!"
    HELLO SKETCHBOOK.

Thanks
    Hey Walid! Its good to see a range of studies here. Do try a lot of drawings from observation, they will add to your visual library and help in unreferanced work. It is also good to balance observational drawings with drawings from the imagination so you can keep check on what youve learnt from the studies and see if they have sunk in. Keep up the good work dude, and have a Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    My57 : Thanks dude ! I have some trouble with skylight and bounced light ! I will continu to work on it !

Sketchz : Thanks man ! Yeah, you def have to try it ! I don't know if you got the light tutorials links ! Anyway, i will pm you them ( or by msn ) And yeah, need to do one right stroke instead of tousends of strokes ! Damn, i know that, i do it a bit, after a start again to draw with so much strokes ....

Royzy : Of course you can comment I made a sketchbook for that !! Anyway, thanks for your help !

Fraz ! Hey, i'm here baby ! I'm coming back in my daily routine ... that means drawing, eating and sleeping ! Anyway, I'm back to work, more motivated !!

dlquddnr : Hey dude Yeah, it sucks, but it doesn't matter, the most important is that you improve, so keep drawing ! Anyway, thanks for your comment, have fun too !

Bendragon : Thanks dude ! I will def do more life drawings !!

Well, it's been a while that i didn't updated this sketchbook !!!!

So New year, new goals ! This year I'll try to work differently ! Instead of working a bit of everything, without seeing much improvment, I will work hard on a few things, until i understand and be able tu use them ! So eah months, i'll create new goals !

January's goals

-Improve my drawing skills the most i can : I'll draw a lot from life ( still life, and selfportraits ), will improve my line quality by doing blind contours and stuff like that ( straight lines, circles, ellipses, ..) I will also try to do some bargue studies !
    -Learn all the anatomy : Well, I understood that the way i was studying anatomy was wrong ! I was able to draw them a bit after the study, but i forgot them a few days after , and it doesn't serve at all ! So i will sart again at the beginning, and will do it correctly ! I will work with Bridgman, Loomis and Hogarth !
    -learn the perspective : I'm not talking of drawing cubes in perspective, but be able tu use it on complex environnment ! I will probably buy the carl Dobsky dvds, they looks awesome! I will also work with loomis " i remember that successful drawing teach some perspective !
    -Continu studying animation : I'm using tha richard Williams' book, which is awesome, and recently got the animator's workbook, from Tony white, which is awesome too !!!
    -Be more familiar with charcoal and watercolors ! Well, it's just learning to use them ! I also need to buy vine charcoals, and i'll be ready !

Well, today, just did drawings from life, and some rendering ! I will work harder tomorow !
    Last edited by kikindaface; January 4th, 2009 at 06:12 AM.

Thanks
    cool still life's dude! try to put some really dark values! I think they´ll pop out even more then!
    best luck with reaching january goals!

cheers
    ••• Φ •••

Nettle_Mountain - walnut - SamC - Walid D - Nrx - Dilated - FraserMcT

Thanks
    bigfootrooper : Thanks dude ! Yeah, need to put dark values ! I will do this next time !!

Today, still life drawing ( need practice circles and ellipses ) And some light and shadows studies on simple shapes ! Need to do more of them, it helps !!

Thanks
    its cool your doing life studies, i really need to do more my self. Good to see your cutting down on the line over line thing
    Keep it up man, and i would like to see your challenge entry, its been awhile lol

Currently looking for work!

Thanks
    Hey man good life work, ive got a tip for when you want to do the full light and shadow stuff, if you look at some of my stuff you can see i drew i boxed out my working space, it just makes it alot easier then to work everything in tone, you can give the back group its appropriate tone and then the still life without having to do the whole page or whatever.

ok ive explained this really bad ill explain better on msn
    dan's sketchbook

The ssg with no name.. for now
    NRX - Frasermct - Walid D - The wannabe Dr, Mr Phil - Dilated

Thanks
    hi there thanks for the comment of course, i dont thnik i've really looked over your earlier pages but the paintings there were actually very nice.

overall you've improved much already as you can tell by the confidence of your pencil strokes now and the chicken scratching back then : )

keep it up man!
    Quote Originally Posted by OmenSpirits View Post
    (on the topic of ART) She's a demanding bitch that wants ALL your time and gets angry and pulls away if you even LOOK at another creative endeavor! "What, I'm not GOOD enough for you now? hm? well guess what, BAM! now try to draw without me, ya bastard!"
    HELLO SKETCHBOOK.

Thanks
    hey, gotta question: where are you learning your light studies? i wouldn't mind finding a book like that.
    My observational skills may be great but I said nothing about my drawing skills

Art Station
    Working Years
    My Blog/Tumblr
    College Years
    Highschool Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    Great job with the studies, you have improved a lot on your digital studies. They're looking great. Looking forward to your pencil studies with the higher values.

Thanks
    The lighting studies are good idea, I look forward to seeing a greater value range. What pencils are you using anyway?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Man Made God For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm sure I commented here... oh well. Keep up the good work, i like the still lives. A larger one maybe? Try set yourself a fairly large time scale and see what you can do in it. I can't wait to see the results!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraz For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast