i did this during my figure out digital painting time. i wanted to go for something morbid. or dark. whatever you want to call it.
i need to know how to polish it up.
and any help on how to do the hair would be much appreciated....
Uff! Too large!
First I'd say, is there a reason you cropped his head of?
I think there just isn't enough information in here. A hint of an expreession on the mask would help.
You can create something like a "fake" expression using shadows to immitate facial features, if that makes sense.
Try to get something like a focal point here. Push your values, create interesting shapes with shadows.
Otherwise it's like mad-mask-guy's passport photo. ;P
Also, right now his hair isn't coherently influenced by the lightsoure.
in my opinion -the composition is not helping- maybe move the face off to one side or another- also there is a lack of morbid details- hollow eyes ..check...weird mouth filter...check.. so what else can you add in to make it that extra bit disturbing or provoking.
Well one of the first things I notice is that the head looks way too long. It makes it look kinda weird (and not in the weird/creepy way that you're goin for)
To make it creepier I'd say maybe make the mask look skinnier like around the cheek area
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die
1) If you have a chance to replace it with a smaller image, I think 700-800 pixels wide would be plenty.
2) if that's a face and not a mask, you could add some subtle veins, bruising, scratches or dried blood around the eye sockets. scarring and stitches where the filters have been attached.
3) even if it's a mask you can add some gross fluid leaking out around the filters. Dirty it up in a few spots.
4) simple front view closeup = not a very dynamic pose. You might consider moving the camera down and to one side slightly for a more imposing view.
5) I agree that you could push the contrast a little and add a few more variations in hue. Purple was a good suggestion.
hey guys...THANKS ALOT!!!!! for all the wonderful tips..
firstly. ya i shud makle the image smaller.
and go for a more interesting pose or angle.
will do the hues. purple eh....yep..shud try it out.
and ya...shapes...shadows...values....textures...wow.. ...cant wait to get started all oer again..
and the cheeks..ya will have to work on that...
and ya...the veins, scratches bruising , dried blood, yucky fluid.. and the stitches arnd the mouth filters..thanks alot mate..
hey and if you are going for a skull-like appereance have a look at skulls and watch out for highlights on them i think the irregular highlights are th emost interesting thi9ngs about bone structures
Sketchbook (daily Oils):
Blue light from down-left/right would work. More texture, little red light in eye-sockets, perhaps? Little bleeding from eye-sockets?
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136949 My sketchbook Critiques are welcome!