Sketchbook: RAPID IMPROVEMENT must be made!!! ~*Update December 31*~ - Page 18
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: RAPID IMPROVEMENT must be made!!! ~*Update December 31*~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sup jackpot, hope AA is treating ya good! wow lots of great improvements, composition is definitely improving ten folds!

I think proportions definitely need some work in terms of characters looking a bit emaciated, definitely draw forms a bit bigger than what you may perceive them to be. The bargue studies look freaking suhweet, can't wait to see them done!

Keep at it dood!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    eidenet - Thanks a lot
    Xanath - Thanks! Typically I paint in grayscale first but only to get a feel for the picture will look like in the end. Then I take it from there and paint the rest in color...get into details, etc.
    kingkostas - Thanks man!
    sanakris - Thanks for the input! I agree with you but I had a deadline to make so little details like that weren't really important. It served its purpose quite well though Thanks again!
    andres333 - Thanks!
    PNate - Thanks man! Will do
    agelaos - Yeah, true that. Thanks!
    snootchy - Thanks man. It'd be great if you were more specific though. Telling me I need to make some forms bigger is a bit vague and doesn't help me much at all if I don't know where the problem is. Thanks again!

Well I'm definitely due for an update XD I don't have any drawing classes this semester so the updates are few and far apart...but here's a personal piece I cooked up in my free time.

Name:  fight.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  195.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sup Jackpot, good to see u doing well! Like the dynamic post and your scenery backdrop or enviro has improved quite a bit!

Sorry bout the vague post before. To clarify, I think the character volumes like when you break the body into individual parts like cylinders and squares and so on, if you look at the overall volume they seem a bit small like there is no structure like muscles, bones, fat, vessels and so on underneath. I think surface anatomy is definitely important to achieve what looks like ur going for, which is a bit of realism.

All in a great update and keep at it, if u don't want to hear me whining on and on then just tell me to shadddaf#@#@up! I don't mind hehe =D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just started school again so hopefully I'll have some cool work to show you all soon! Gonna start using painter too...really excited about that
    Made some minor adjustments to the last image I posted. Thought I'd add a WIP too. Hope you like

Name:  fightFINAL.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  202.2 KB

Name:  fightFINAL_wip.gif
Views: 1052
Size:  1.95 MB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 Times in 905 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    dude we need to collab sometime

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a la bapsi - I'm down

Here's my first assignment from my Digital Imaging 2 class. Right now we're learning Corel Painter and this is my first time using the program...really fun!
    We had a lot of freedom with this assignment so I chose to do something different from what I usually do. Hope you like it

I think next time around I'll draw something more dynamic with foreshortening. Our next assignment is to do a landscape of any theme...so maybe I can implement it in that somehow. We'll see.

Name:  Seductresses.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  264.6 KB

Closeup.
    Name:  Seductresses_Closeup.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  186.3 KB

Last edited by jackpot_anjr90; October 6th, 2010 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's been a while since my last post. With all the school work I've been getting I feel that working on a personal piece once in a while is a good stress reliever. I thought I was lacking motivation and inspiration when really I just needed to do something on my own and just have fun with it...and I feel much better =]
    So this personal piece is just a character portrait I did in Photoshop.
    Name:  smokin.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  119.2 KB

This next piece I actually finished over a month ago for my Digital Imaging 2 class.
    Name:  AndreRogers_landscape.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  294.4 KB

I have some work-in-progress images I'm working on for finals so they'll be up in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 918 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wow man! some awsome improvement with every post
    It's always good to just do something on your own just for fun
    keep it up man looking forward to seeing more updates
    -Jamie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy crap awesomeness. The cigarette man as real great lighting. And you can tell where the source is. And he has more of a personality than some of the earlier works. The force field man one has great atmospheric perspective with the receding clouds.

All I can say is ~//Update\\~ soon. Hopefully your drawings aren't collecting dust or collecting cobwebs in the hard drive.
    Best regards and keep drawing

I'm out to conquer the world equipped with a pencil, digital paint and a Sketchbook
    and when I do achieve that goal...I'll conquer the moon too

"When you draw nervously you end up with a nervous drawing, so drawing strongly produces lines filled with vitality"- Nightow Yasuhiro

"Use the ability you already have, and use it, and use it, and make it develop itself."-Robert Henri

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @OmertA and sanakris Thanks a lot for the kind words guys! Really appreciate it, I'm workin' hard

More works! Have a Happy New Year everyone!

Name:  FireSamuraiFinal.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  459.9 KB

Name:  InfiltrationDisplay.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  432.9 KB

I decided to make some little fixes to this one.
    Name:  portrait.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  247.3 KB

Name:  wonderland_display.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  429.4 KB

Last edited by jackpot_anjr90; December 31st, 2010 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, it's been a while i didn't check your sb ! There are still some major issues on your paintings, but the one i wanna talk about is the most fundamental one : volume ! I find that most of your painting, exept the last one, which is a bit better, lacks of volume, it's like you put values on your painting, but it doesn't describe the form, it doesn't comes from the drawing, because from what i see, you're kinda understanding what you draw, but you don't have enough knowledge about values ! i think it's your biggest weakness ! Anyway, keep it up !!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's what I'm talking about ;] Knew you had some stuff laying around.

Liking the use of textures in the kung fu guy. In the bg and even a variety of textures on the man himself. With the cloth having a gritty texture, his bracelets, and even his skin and hair. And the grass.

The ninja guy also explores concepts form the previous piece, but there's improvement in composition, textures and atmospheric perspective. Love the crouching ninja pose. Nice one.

And the hatter one love the sinister mood and expressions and the dark atmosphere.

One thing to keep in mind, it's not a bad thing but you tend to favor violet/orange color palettes in your work. Don't be afraid to try different color schemes to light your work. Don't feel bad about it, everybody has their own default palette they prefer over others.

So just keep working and have fun.

I'm out to conquer the world equipped with a pencil, digital paint and a Sketchbook
    and when I do achieve that goal...I'll conquer the moon too

"When you draw nervously you end up with a nervous drawing, so drawing strongly produces lines filled with vitality"- Nightow Yasuhiro

"Use the ability you already have, and use it, and use it, and make it develop itself."-Robert Henri

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.