Art: new characters

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: new characters

Thanks

new characters

still working very hard, doing art all day... dont have much to show besides the airplanes, more to come

*edit* tried to fix up two of the paintings below a bit* pig bull is new, did that for this weeks cow, probably do another one since I have the time,

first two i did in the past 4 hours, other one i did this morning, did all three today, no ref

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by LANN; October 12th, 2008 at 03:50 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 291 Posts
    dont take this personally, but i dont think you are at a point where you should not be using reference. a little bit or referencing anatomy and proportions goes a long way.

on the first guy, not too sure what design purpose that giant thing on the side of his shoulder would serve, except for making it hard for him to look to his left or down...and it might be a good idea to indicate some sort of groundplane as well. again i think you would get better anatomy/posing if you look at something. dont copy, just look and try to carry that understanding into your concept.

the second girl is really hurting anatomy wise in my opinion. she feels like shes built like a 40 year old housewife who has had a few kids. her pose could also benefit from some referencing, as could that head. also, groundplane, or at least a drop shadow to indicate where shes standing would help.

the third one has some potential, however i dont think theres been enough love on it for it to pass as a finished concept. it could benefit from more definition, as well as some surface indication, and again, some grounding.

overall all three of these look hurried, which reading your post im sure they were. i am of the solid opinion that its time better spent to produce one solid drawing as opposed to 3 rushed ones in one day. my advice: slow down, think about what you are doing, take time to get it right. spend more time on the drawing, and drawing in general, because that will make your paintings better, and easier to pull off. draw draw draw. if the drawing is not there, the result will look wrong. good luck, you got potential, so don't give up!

c36

4. The Following User Says Thank You to el coro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thanks man, appreciate you taking the time to crit my stuff, I'm never going to give up !

Thanks
    The woman doesn't look "finished." Needs more contrast, shading, color saturation, rendering, etc... Abdomen definitely looks like that of "a 40 year old housewife who has had a few kids." The breasts are on the small side, but still realistic. I like your blue critter the best.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANN View Post
    thanks man, appreciate you taking the time to crit my stuff, I'm never going to give up !
    Your last sentence is stellar! Good Additude! You have some good basics, and useing referance is never a bad thing. Most of the Greats, or Pro's (what ever you wanna call them) that I know of have used referance. They might not anymore because they built that Visual library over the years.
    Referance or not Its all about the finished product...to my understanding anyways.

Keep it up and I hope to see more.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel Andrews For This Useful Post:

Thanks

a few new things

archer is new did that yesterday, pig bull is new did that this morning , and the airplane is for idw did that tonight, tired now going to bed , do more art tommorrow

Last edited by LANN; October 12th, 2008 at 03:51 AM.

Thanks
    I agree with some of the above posts that some seem a bit unfinished, however...
    you have a lot of good things going for you.
    You seem to have a good sense of rhythm, and your figures are well grounded and carry weight well.
    I like "40 year old with kids and small tits" because the alternative is tired... save it for pinups.
    The navel is a little low, but whateva...
    Also, there's nothing wrong with working fast. Being able to turn out quality work quickly is the name of the game.

Keep up the good work.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jisforgenius For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I think you're definitely heading in the right direction. Nothing that practice and reference won't fix =) Your painting skills are looking good, and that blue monster has a neat design. Keep it up!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MelissaCrystal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ok im posting at past midnight, been working all day, i did most of this stuff in between the longer projects that im working on just to keep myself fresh ...working so hard..exhausted, be back tommorrow with more.

Last edited by LANN; October 6th, 2008 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks
    some new stuff , and some that has been sitting on my hardrive for a while,

working on a lot of new stuff at the moment but im tryint not to rush it all too much...

Last edited by LANN; October 8th, 2008 at 01:57 AM.

Thanks

update

planes i did today

Last edited by LANN; October 12th, 2008 at 03:49 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.