═ndia!!!!

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: ═ndia!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

═ndia!!!!

Hello, my name is Andrew Simioni, this is my first post. I am an illustrator and graphic designer.
    The illustration was done by hand and finished in photoshop.

Here the illustration in pencil:

═ndia!!!!

Now the painting with a tablet in photoshop genius:

═ndia!!!!

thank you all and send criticism.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,679 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    smaller please

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Waay too big.

All I can see for certain is that her features don't fit in her face, they seem a touch arbitrarily placed and floating above the head, rather than part of it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    masterpiece

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys thanks for the tips

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Before I say anything else, please resize this and reupload; I had to take it into another program to view the whole thing at once, and I really shouldn't have to do that.

That said, the best thing about this picture is the torso. I like it; simplisticly stylized, but still correct.
    From there though, there are a few things that could stand correcting. The clothing folds, for a start. Look at references for what you're painting, because fabric just doesn't fall like that.
    Ditch the texture on the leather strap of the quiver, paint it in instead. The texture looks out of place with the hand painted rest of the image.
    Find a few tutorials on how hair is painted; very few people paint with individual strands. Instead, we block the hair in as a whole, then section it up with highlights and shadows, and then add individual hairs sparingly to hint at the fact that it's there.
    Last of all, the face. The features are somewhat out of place with the rest of the image. The nose is waaaay too small, and too far to the right. The features are kind of flat, considering the rest of the picture is painted in. Take a look at http://www.furiae.com/index.php?view=gallery her tutorials if that's what you're going for. Martha Dahlig is also a good one to look up for painting features. As far as i know there are a lot of her tutorials posted on the imaginefx website under 'workshops'. I'm not sure if she has them listed anywhere else, but it's a good thing to look at.

Overall, you're making a very strong start, and a few small things could go a long way in improving your art! You seem to be at a point half way between painting and comicking right now, and figuring out what direction you want your images to go in might really help. No one says you have to pick one or the other overall, but seperating the styles depending on the picture might be wise.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Robin, primarily personal apology by the size of the images seen that after only put them.
    I appreciate that the tips and now I am downloading the tutorials that I said.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    whoa now thats big! cant really say anything, coz reading them is so hard

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Before any decent critique can be made you need to significantly reduce the size of these uploads.

Right using a HB pencil for shading is pretty redundant, it gives very little form to things, if you're going to shade with a pencils get a good range of Graphite pencils. This'll make shading, and putting greater contrast in the shade easier.

As for the Digitally editted version, the filters of light beaming onto her just look awkward. It's obvious you've used a preset effect in the computer program you've used. And the lowerpart just looks odd for that dark green tint. Also try using a greater variety of colour, especially with the skin, rather than just altering the tone of a colour. To tackle this find reference photos and examine the colours you can see on the skin, and try either making colour studies with paints or coloured pencils.

If you keep a positive, self-analytical, and productive outlook on your work, you'll swiftly improve.

My sketchbook, if you really want to see it...

"Picasso is a painter, so am I;... Picasso is Spanish, so am I; Picasso is a communist, neither am I." - Salvador Dali

Members who have read this thread: 1