Sketchbook: Artistic Union of Supernouches ***WE LOVE YOU CORO*** - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Artistic Union of Supernouches ***WE LOVE YOU CORO***

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry, im a slacker. i take maaad long to upload junks. keep working on the sps kvick, and i hope your hand heals soon. rub with a lighter touch

actually if you guys've got time, i'd like some more specific feedback on the bottom one. yknow...how does it read, values, if it works at all. don't hold back, freal

Name:  sketch_08_10_11_005.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  32.2 KB

Name:  sketch_08_10_19.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  83.5 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Quick Paintover

I'm still not feelin' the values loops, but I think I made an improvement on the subject matter...

Also, Dave.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by catface; October 21st, 2008 at 05:14 PM. Reason: RICK JAMES BItCH

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that's what she said

winona ryder

sketcher stuff

loopy, I demand more pencil stuff. your last update is phenominominominal.

kanoa, that portrait of sir chapelle is kjlaflkm, so good. the whole sepia feel turned out really nice, too. Are you taking any figure classes where you're at now?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Druuuuuugs arrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee bad

While I was drawing this first one some weird guy came into the sketcher room and started talking to be about death metal or something, then about how hard it is to find lsd in a rich neighborhood. He told me he found some meth in is room and he snorted it and started freaking out over the chat, fun stuff.

Last edited by Kvick; October 25th, 2008 at 05:34 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mmmmmmmmmmmkay, kvick you should have copied and pasted the chat log. tats my only crit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kanoers - i agree, that painting is improved 1000%. mr chapelle is also pretty awesome, loving the bg textures you've used

skroggly - love the lines and how loose they are. I DEMAND more frequent updates, punk

kvickles - hahahah, what the hell. did that guy do all the scribbles in the first one? also, that multiple eye monster is pretty awesome, although the bar arm with flags on it confuses me. then again, a lot of things confuse me.

by the way, i got banned from ag again, so no more sketcher for me. i don't even know what i did this time. its not like iwas drawing moobs everywhere or something

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some reffed doodoo

nah loops that whole scribbly thing was all me, those "scribbles" aren't actually scribbles it just has so many layers of drawings that it just turned into scribbles haha. The second guy I drew sober and was done at a moment of no thought, so I really couldn't explain the flags to you, you'll just have to make your own personal interpretation. The flags are comming from behind an oddly drawn dragon, not an arm .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Brainstorm contribute maggots
    IDEAS shitz gooGO

KanoaJrogers: LOOPY
    serhsee: WGYTYHO
    serhsee: i mean
    serhsee: WHUTUP
    KanoaJrogers: wut
    KanoaJrogers: LOL
    KanoaJrogers: love you
    KanoaJrogers: do you have any ideas for making our thread more fun
    serhsee: haha
    serhsee: hmm
    serhsee: yeah it looks to be dyin'
    KanoaJrogers: thini of some man
    KanoaJrogers: dude
    serhsee: lemme think
    KanoaJrogers: we all gotta get matching avatarts
    KanoaJrogers: or some shit
    KanoaJrogers: all with supernouches on it
    KanoaJrogers: Or S.N.
    serhsee: hahaha
    KanoaJrogers: then wed feel like a team
    serhsee: maybe we all just do something retarded in sketcher
    KanoaJrogers: u and i are banned buddy
    KanoaJrogers: or or are u
    serhsee: oh shiz
    serhsee: right
    serhsee: goddamnit
    KanoaJrogers: well brainstorm some ideas and maybe post them in the thread or hit the other members or me up wit some shit
    serhsee: yeaah ill see what i can come up with
    serhsee: haha
    serhsee: not the most creative at this stuff though :X
    serhsee: topics?
    KanoaJrogers: LOOPY LOOPY
    serhsee: maybe we can do topics
    KanoaJrogers: HES MY MAN
    KanoaJrogers: IF HE CANT DO IT
    serhsee: HOT TOPICS
    KanoaJrogers: NO ONE CAN
    serhsee: hahahah
    serhsee: pressure
    serhsee: oh no
    KanoaJrogers: yeah man topics good idea
    KanoaJrogers: like alien space kitty 3 zombie stripper
    KanoaJrogers: and we all have to come up with concepts for it
    serhsee: lol
    serhsee: dude that would be awesome

Also this page isn't Koontzy enough for my taste. Some person should do something about that.

Last edited by catface; October 28th, 2008 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

*edit*

Last edited by Kvick; October 31st, 2008 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't understand your post kvick, I find it kind of rude because it seems so unrelated. Also your sig is weird. Inside joke? just me?

Anyway, hope you all attempted a Nov. 1 International SP Day image.
    I did mine last minute (its 15 minutes until Nov. 2nd here) so I'm holding on to it to rework some stuff I noticed. Take care

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1. I was responding to kanoa's request

2. Maybe I didn't make it clear to you when I told you that you have to update at least once a week if you want to be in the group. There's a reason for the rule, follow it or you're out. I made this group for a reason that I wanted people to be constantly making an effort to one-up eachother, if you're not posting, you're being a negative influence without even realizing it.

Skrog, try to get a pic of that acrylic when you can, waitin to see it X:

Kanoa, <4 as always, stay baked brotha

Loopy, need to see an update from you too slacker; Do a dsg or something for about an hour or so, always a good way to exit your comfort zone

Some doodles and nov1 self portrait, I think reattaining the likeness of myself was beyond my skill at that point

Last edited by Kvick; November 4th, 2008 at 04:00 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I took it seriously enough, I was stoked when we started
    and then I got let down, so I slacked off as well

but lets have bygones be bygones then, some sketches

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and heres a pic of green that I started, got the nose a little too long so I'll try to update it in ps. soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    koontz: glad to see you posting again! still love your portraits, but as you said before, i think you've got to push the values a bit more. i'm horrible with colors/values, but as i understand, colors can be all over the place as long as values are correct. maybe try some more color play? it does seem to be one of your strong points

kanoodle: FOUR ARMS YES PLEASE. rocking those colors, i love how vivid they are

kvick: i still feel stiffness in some of your drawings, it's a little weird, because it's kind of inconsistent. some of them are great and feel alive, but others feel like action figures. maybe loosen up with some scribbles whatnot first? now that i look at it actually, it seems to go away in your more rendered pieces, like the two girls on the top right from sketcher, which are The Bomb. damn your rendering is getting good

wot's a dsg? i have the feeling i knew at one time or another, but aliens took it from my mind...

anyway, i'll probably try that alien zombie kitty space stripper 3 or whatnot soon. along with some enviros and dudes. maybe some fat girls too or something, we'll see

here's something mildly outside of my comfort zone - mariohunter and long-arm girl

Name:  sketch_08_11_05_003.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  70.5 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Koontz, when you paint in color, you first need to understand that there are 3 keys of color and 3 keys of contrast that go with them.

The three keys of color are : high, middle, or low color/saturation/chroma keys.
    and each key has a corresponding contrast key, the contrasts are: major, medium and minor

so, if you are painting in a high key of color (very saturated) then you can only have a very low range of contrast (minor key)
    if you have middle key, which is generally how you see things, then you have an average amount of color and you need to stay within the medium key of contrast
    if you have low key, which for example can be a black and white image, then you need a bunch of contrast to distinguish the values because you don't have the advantage of color to do it for you. (kinda like in the pic I just posted major contrast, low color)
    In the end though, you can always break the rules as long as you know what they are, but you should follow these general rules to get something aesthetically pleasing
    if you still dont get this you can just ask me in sketcher

skrog did the sketch, I refined

they still need names though

Last edited by Kvick; November 5th, 2008 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy Great job guys

I appreciate each and every one of you

Yo lo siento I let you down Koontz . be happy now k? . kvick was just trying to generate some team spirit with the AUSN image, I think its relevant enough?. His sig is a documentation of a conversation I had with one of the lovely administrators of artgrounds.com shortly before I was exiled. are you mexican? just wondering . I don't know who green is, but I'm green with envy of your portrait rendering abilities. I really hope you get that ps update uploaded soon.

Skrog... I didn't even notice that beetle juice girl until now. Its well done. Thank you for the compliment on the chappelle portrait. I like sepia. It makes me feel good, as if there are burning crimson embers planted deep inside my chest cavity, scortching my heart with unbearable heat and warmth . post more

Serhc... you drew a male man; thats great, I knew you had it in you . DSG is the "daily sketch group" located in the activities section, people have fun drawing a variety of topics daily there.

Kvick... I love you too. thank you for contributing so much to this thread you're a good man. great character work Fuck likeness, who needs it . these last faces scare me

Anyone want to tell about their halloween? I had planned a trip to salem, but then I got high

Drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    study from today

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sick kvick

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do we get rollover if we post more than once per week?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn. thinking back to the stuff you guys were making in sketcher when we first started, you guys have come a hell of a ways. im so proud of you guys T_T @_@ X_X ^_^ ^_~ ~_^ O_O o_o :3

scribbles in ps tonight. i kinda like the last one, even though i can't expain the dark black diagonal streak running across her neck. i'll call it a tattoo

Name:  sketch_08_11_09.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:  sketch_08_11_09_2.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  67.9 KB

Name:  sketch_08_11_09_3.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  47.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey peeps! Thanks for letting me on here ^^! I reallly didn't know how to start posting so I'm just going to post everything from yesterday!

Kvick: Indeed, Obamanation! Looking good-- I'd say watch your saturation, the tiniest bit too much grey anywhere can throw off an image. It looks like you've glazed in a lot of values, try slowing down and establishing a really good block in. Just squint at the image and simultaneously look at your color square/block preview at the same time, and really match it. (Squinting is important! Simultaneous brightness contrast fools the eye, we see the relative far better than the absolute.) I want to see more color work! Your Imagination work with color, I'd say the major thing is value! Look back over your stuff, even convert it to black and white (change the mode, or use luminosity, don't desaturate). Study it a little. Black and white... hmm, don't rely on thick outlines all the time? Fill out that outline pencil style and turn it into surroundings/background/contrast. Then really flesh out your values! If you don't know what I mean, I'll show you in sketcher.

Mr. Rogers: ASKLJalsjLKJDLASNDMASN I hate you!. But um seriously speaking. Hmm, trying to find something to improve on, I would say maybe the materials? Your stuff is stunning already, but I think I would get that extra oomph if you could convey the character of each seperate material until it sails across the screen. Pretty awesome lighting and texture! Besides that, maybe developing your backgrounds more? I find myself wanting to see what the pretty blobs of colour are! Thanks for asking me to post ^^ I was prolly to wussy to start without that for a lone while.

Serhc: Wow I love your moleskinery! Hmm I'd say biggeest thing is to work on male faces, the features are nice and relatively well positioned but the face needs more structure. On the thing you want crits on. If you look, theres really only one value. The light blue. The dark is there, but its really only in the hair. If you want to improve your values. Work in just two at first. and really lock it in and make it read.

Skrogs: Your color work is just as lovely as your sketching, I want to see more! Post your SP NAOW! and finish some more of those cut off arms. The reason they're cut off is exactly why you should finish them! Hmm, Yann Tiersen looks a lil funny there, do you have a link to the ref? I would suggest drawing him in the same method you draw faces from imagination (constructively) before painting over that with your gained intrinsic knowledge of his physical facial structure

League: Post more! If I have one piece of advice, its don't rely on blues in your portraits. They're awesome but if you are using them as a fallback, don't ^^

Bwahaha thanks guys for Kicking me in the Butt. I turned off a lot of things internally so I wouldn't cheat or waste time while developing my basic skills, but it was past time that I needed to reboot. Here forth lies documentation of my one year journey into conceptart!

Last edited by Aurathaur; November 13th, 2008 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Better Scans

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That first banana is awesome, I'm in love with it. Welcome to the sketch group =] Your crits rock hard, I'll avoid blues for awhile and see how far I can take it. Is this your only sketchbook? I wanna see more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aura (can i call you that? it's shorter, hah): welcome! thanks for the very detailed crits, you've got a great sense for that. im with koontz, the first banana is great - the colors are very lively. for the sketches you've posted, i think you might want to try and tighten them up a little. looseness is great, but only up to a point (haha...hypocrite here). you might want to take a little more time constructing the figures and faces and all that. i looked up the drawings you did for self portrait day, and the initial sketch on the second one you posted looked great. great underlying structure - however, when it came time to paint it, i think you lost some of the delicacy of the drawing. it looks very blurry, so you might want to try a slightly harder brush. also, i've been told to try and paint with the largest brush i can - so i'm not scribbling back and forth trying to cover a space. i think it would help if you painted with a larger brush and wider strokes, instead of pecking into separate sections with a smaller one. uh, so - welcome! post mooorrrreeeee

dang that felt like an essay!
    SO, here's what i was doing today

Name:  sketch_08_09_11.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  85.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow haaaaa ><

crazy dude work anyway !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kanoa, very nice structure in all of your work, you're awesome and surreal
    I don't think I mentioned it, but your chappelle really shocked me and got me inspired. Its freaking cool! chalk is my favorite corel brush and it looks like you used it there

serch beautiful girls as always, lanky and elegant. I'd like to see some figures overlapping each other in space more =]

Kvick, I dont even know how to crit you. Nice work. Goofy sometimes, but nice especially on your textured scribbles.

Skrog, got some drama in all your characters, I'd like to see you illustrate a piece from a story or something just for fun, I think it'd go well.

Aura, you've got a nice handle on everything. The poses are a little stiff, I would suggest doing some quick silhouettes of a variety poses or something so you get some new shapes in your mind since it looks like your sketches are mostly from memory. skrog is good at poses, catch her on sketcher sometime :p Also I love your paintings, do more so I can learn from you

I've been painting little things on paper with acrylic. I suck hard at landscapes, and I am fed up with trying. I don't know what to do about it just now haha, so heres some other subject matter. No blue so far in the portrait =]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good job everyone, just making a quick post here I gotta bail

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some gimpover of a random Sketcher page. Also added a partial paintover in between uploading troubles (Yeah I know the values are bad, I was having too much fun with the materials ^^ Magic-Illo-Lighting.). Sketchpages are animated.

Serhc, <excuse zone>yeah I gotta start comitting more to my drawings. I turned off everything else to strictly work on my drawing skills for about a year now, and its taking me a while to boot them back up ^^. Those are sketcher scribbles though . Haha ignore the paintover of the sp, I phoned it in. This year my aim was to really get the foundations of the drawing right, so I used my drawing tablet. The tiny brush you see is because I was using that tablet to keep the same mirror pose, no access to keyboard, I was forced to constantly click the dropper button to get color selections lol.</excuse zone> I do keep things loose though so I don't tire myself out, tell me if my paintovers or sketch pages which I've done a 'pretty pass' over are tight enough ^^. Actually I'll do some of that for you right now ^^.

Hmm, something interesting happened. I kept thinking about what you said. Halfway through, my pretty pass turned into a clearification pass. And I couldn't even turn it off lol. Also it stuck when filling in the rest of the page(s) too. Thanks serhc ^^

League: I worked on integrating dynamic figures into my drawings, I always ended up doing the two seperately. I got some of that together too ^^, I'm too lazy to scrounge it up, I'll post someother time. I really like the woman. The shark seems to be too much of the same hue or has strong colour cast. The bird needs better values. Bug me on sketcher sometime to motivate me enough to start a thread post my still lifes, I have a small collection now. All done under two hours I think, but I've only actually checked start and stop times once or twice. And apparently its important to do them everyday. I'm grimacing at the catch up ones I've done, lost the info (for traditional stuff at least) probably to ashamed to post those.

Supernouches to the rescue! Your powers are most awesome indeed.

Last edited by Aurathaur; November 13th, 2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Stuff for league.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry I haven't been updating. had a rough couple weeks. been sick, been cheated on, been dumped. wish I had more digital stuff done but i've been drawing mostly on paper. nice stuff coming from the rest of you, though.

Aur: yeah, I noticed that yann looked goofy too after I gave him a second glance. I do tend to get a little stiff when I draw from refs, you're right. I'll definitely try using more constructive techniques. I do need to do some more color work, too, when I get around to it.

Loops: uhgkjsaf your sketches get better and better. I can't help but try to imagine all that goes on in your fuzzy little head. That piece with the nurses is pretty sick, hope I get to see it finished.

Kanoa: loving those black and white pieces. I seem to remember really liking the way you drew legs on your gestures/nude model drawings. are you going to start a gesture drawing class or something soon? the results of that would be awesome, no doubt.

kvick: crazy shit, as always. I was tempted to upload Mr.Pulli. I thought i'd better not.

koontz: that seems like a good idea. i'll give it a shot, maybe after I finish posting this. nice shark. I dunno if you mentioned it anywhere, but are your paintings done in oil or acrylic?

Name:  compile.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  156.5 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Abstract-like sketches =]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Skrog: Skrogs I demand your sp! Crap you didn't tell me all that happened to you, just the mono bit. Take something into OC (or wherever) and shine it up for us to see, k? gimme some crits! I wanna get better! and koontzy works in acrylic.

Serhc: I wanna see a full blow painting, also maybe do a hand study? (just a question there)

Jordan: I wants me more mr.rogers art that puts us all to shame.

Kvick: I like those colours, really liked it when I saw it in sketcher. Maybe work on the feathers/texture? I know the circumstances tho so, *shrug*, dunno

League: Lovin the newest post! , specially the second piece. I'd love it if you'd develop the second one further. Also maybe work on floating head syndrome.? I notice you use lines or very smooth transitions (ie gradient style almost) when working digitally, but not traditionally. I don't know if this is a style or naturalistic thing or what. Your traditional stuff is far more 'natural' in terms of traditionally speaking. It'd be interesting for you to do hatching in traditional and bring painting into digital.

Been caught up trilogy called The Rage, now reading the anthology. Not as much done lately.

I found out you can use white gouache with watercolour and work opaquely! Exposes some palette weaknesses from the watercolour tubes I still have from middle school lol. Watercolour lasts forever and you can rewet dried cakes. Lots of funny colour choices from trying to reuse paint on the palette, but meh.

Also have included scan of this hand doodly I did. It was my favorite out of the batch. I like to play with mediums and now that i'm out of DRAWDRAWDRAW i'm playing around more again.

Digital thing is lame doodle I'm prolly not gonna take further. Quality is partially from the smudge brush, its for flattening values I've 'dabbed'. It makes it feel like wet in wet, but mostly comes from when I'm too lazy to blend manually. I find I get a better result when I do do that though in a direct comparison. Haven't tried comparing straight manual blend to dab dab, blend, dab dab, blend though. But wet in wet simulation does make for a nice feel.

Also did 'gestures', fountain pens are awesome. They were finicky though hence the bottom and not scrawling all over the page. Kinda dried out after a year lol. I should prolly try with my dip pens but they're a pain to clean.
    Tell me if I'm posting too much, in any fashion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.