Art: my 3Danimated Short - "What's for homework ?"
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

my 3Danimated Short - "What's for homework ?"

See what happends, when you go away but your homework comes alive. My personal task was to create a story with personality, emotions etc without using mimic, arms and legs.

Watch more cool animation and creative cartoons at aniBoom

This short was part of my my diploma-thesis "Emotionality in three-dimensional abstraction"(june08) . At this I analyse the possibility to give life to primitive geometric physiques without changing the figures with extremities or facial expression. I use the some of the 12 Animation principles to underline and enhance the expressions. Everthing is done by myself, from concept scetches to final gathering with music and effects in nearly one month with a standard laptop.

see the vid here: Whats for homework ? 3D-Short at aniBoom - aniBoom Awards 2008 cartoons
    This Movie is in competition on aniboom. So i would be really glad if you can support me ...just when u like it =)
    PLEASE View, fave or send it to friends would be really helpful. Thx alot

additionally every feedback (especially the negativ - bad ones) are welcome cause so i can improve my work.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Check your tics on the arc of the bouncing ball... Also, control your stretch on the way down a bit more so it happens at the last second so it won't blend aaaaaaall the way.

this is a great exercice to do and do again. It's the modern version of the sponge or flour bag test

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok i will try to fix them but defnitly thx and i WILL take care about for my next animations

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey again, would be very very glad to hear "more" opinions about this shortmovie. I'm still in concepting a new short and i really want to improve the next movie. So it is necessary for me to get a feeling about the mistakes i've done. Thats why i'm requesting you for feedback, especially what u don't like. Thx alot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not to sure on some of the jumps, especially the rectangle shape. Looked more like somebody was slamming their fist down onto the table and made them jump.
    I really like the idea for the end credits though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the rising conflict at with being stuck in the gum. Check your audio levels because the toilet flush was way too loud.

As far as animation wise, you really need to go back and fix the ball bounce. It is ok to have the bouncing intentional, but the movement isn't believable yet. Also, the other primitives need to show some anticipation before their hops. Make them squash a bit more in the opposite direction before the jump. (one of the basic principles)

Hope that helps and can't wait to see more.

By the way, what was your timeline/software for this?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @baifan thx for the advises. I am practicing the animation principles now with the standard-reference-books so i hope i could enhance the next project at this point. For the shortmovie i've had nearly 4 weeks and its done in 3dmax9. The outcoming vid is in HDready and the whole movie was created on a "shabby" 1,7ghz singlecore notebook. So not the best requirements. Nevertheless i've learned alot in this month.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea. I would recommend doing more ball bounces. See if you can do one that is unmotivated (meaning it doesn't have a will of its own) and believable (meaning that the audience would believe the movement)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    k will work on it thx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice! I really wasn't sure what the blue block was up to though...

Visual Arts is an excuse to draw BOOBIES!
    HAMSTER DRILL & SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its quite interesting ...there 2 kinds of feedbacks about the rectangle ... the one side like u slothman doesn't get the story / feelings ...the other side recognize that he's in love with the rubix ..but after the hug he recognize that the rubix is an "inanimate" dead object and thats why he is so sad ... maybe u can tell me how i can show this better ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    any other opinions ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kornflakes View Post
    See what happends, when you go away but your homework comes alive. My personal task was to create a story with personality, emotions etc without using mimic, arms and legs.

Watch more cool animation and creative cartoons at aniBoom

This short was part of my my diploma-thesis "Emotionality in three-dimensional abstraction"(june08) . At this I analyse the possibility to give life to primitive geometric physiques without changing the figures with extremities or facial expression. I use the some of the 12 Animation principles to underline and enhance the expressions. Everthing is done by myself, from concept scetches to final gathering with music and effects in nearly one month with a standard laptop.

see the vid here: Whats for homework ? 3D-Short at aniBoom - aniBoom Awards 2008 cartoons
    This Movie is in competition on aniboom. So i would be really glad if you can support me ...just when u like it =)
    PLEASE View, fave or send it to friends would be really helpful. Thx alot

additionally every feedback (especially the negativ - bad ones) are welcome cause so i can improve my work.

great tips. I enjoyed reading this

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Last breath... competition ends on dez 1st so would be great if you can watch vote or send to friends this little vid if u like it.
    Thx alot for your support! great community!!

Klick me:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Last step- very last breath... competition ends on dez 15zh so would be great if you can watch, vote or send to friends this little vid if u like it.
    Thx alot for your support! great community!! wish u a merry xmas!

click me:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.