Thanks

Need Help...Brush Selector Disappeared!

My brush selector disappeared...does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm using Corel Painter X.

Incidentally, does anyone know of a good brush creator tutorial, i'm kinda lost as far as my brushes are concerned. I want to make a good smeary round brush that responds to pen pressure.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    1. window -> arrange palettes -> default
    2. press ctrl+b and play with settings to get what you want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to teho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi,

I don't use the Brush Creator since it opens in a different interface and separates us from our work and quite a few menus and features we see in the normal Painter interface.

Instead:

Open the Brush Controls' palettes (Window > Brush Controls > General will open all Brush Controls palettes in a docked group, right there on the Painter screen so you can make adjustments any time you like without launching the Brush Creator in a second Painter interface).

To learn about all of the Brush Controls, read the following:

Painter X Help > Help Topics > Contents tab > Customizing Brushes

Click the plus sign to the left of Customizing Brushes, then click Managing Settings and Controls.

On the right panel, you'll see descriptions of all of the controls in the Brush Creator's Stroke Designer tab section.

Help Topics instructs the reader to use the Brush Creator's Stroke Designer sections but all of these controls are also in the Brush Controls palettes. It's much easier to use the Brush Controls palettes as you can make on-the-fly adjustments any time you want without being separated from your work as you would be using the Brush Creator.

Here's an example of a smeary round brush you can create:

1. Choose the Cloners' Soft Cloner variant and, in the Brush Selector menu, choose Restore Default Variant.

2. In the Brush Selector menu, choose Save Variant and save it as your custom brush variant with a unique name not already used by Painter.

3. In the Brush Selector's brush variant list, choose your new custom brush variant.

4. Open the Brush Controls' palettes (Window > Brush Controls > Show General) and make the following adjustments:

General palette, choose Method: Cover.

Well palette,
    • Move the Resaturation slider to 30% and the Bleed slider to 90% (adjust these slider's relative positions as needed after testing), then
    • Set both Resaturation Expression and Bleed Expression to Pressure.

5. Save your new custom brush variant again with the same name to save the changes you've just made.

If that's not what you want, remember that you can go back to the Brush Controls' palettes and make further adjustments. At least this will give you a little practice using the Brush Controls' palettes to make adjustments.

Have fun!

#
    Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

This is a fun program but a little imposing...thanks for helping me scrape the surface