any last minute changes ?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hi, anyone spot any last minute details, adjustments etc to finish this as best i can, please no major gripes with the composition or posing, it's too late in the day ! should any colours pop more? anything be more subtle ?

thanks for any suggestions guys.
    peace

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, really nice picture, love the colours!
    I don't know if you decided to do so, or you just didn't have the time, but what caught my attention was the bottom of the guitar and the shoe of the guy to the right - they both seem to stand in quicksand or something. I'd also suggest to add a little more contrast in the picture - the faces of the "hero"(?)-guy and the woman next to him are quite dark, but the ground at the box seems a bit too light. The hand on the shoulder should also be a bit lighter.

Hope I could help a little, greetings !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alabaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah, thanks man, yea that's the kind of thing i'm looking for. the guitar and the guy on the right's foot are intentional, the line work is meant to sort of fade out, but the hands and ground being too light in places are exactly the kind of features i'm looking to get right, so thanks for spotting them. much obliged : )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I noticed that all the hands seem to work with grip or support except for the girl's front hand on the top of the guitar, it just doesn't seem to line up correctly...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rabid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The perspective of the feet of the man that sitting on the box doesn't agree with the perspective of the overturned bottle.

Totally subjective: I think the piece would benefit from a little separation to pop the foreground. Maybe a slight cool tint in the background.

Overall I like the rustic "slice of life" feel to the piece--but between the shadows and the textures it feels a little muddy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IanStrandberg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    I noticed that all the hands seem to work with grip or support except for the girl's front hand on the top of the guitar, it just doesn't seem to line up correctly...
    ah, totally right, it could do with sitting on the guitar headstock more, or the guitar to be more upright so its underneath.

thanks for taking a look and spotting that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by IanStrandberg View Post
    The perspective of the feet of the man that sitting on the box doesn't agree with the perspective of the overturned bottle.

Totally subjective: I think the piece would benefit from a little separation to pop the foreground. Maybe a slight cool tint in the background.

Overall I like the rustic "slice of life" feel to the piece--but between the shadows and the textures it feels a little muddy.
    thanks, yup, the bootle should be a little "flatter" to the eye line, and i have been wondering the best way to separate the characters from the page, i'll have a go with cooling the background down, cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I hope this helps a little

You've got a good idea going here, love the earth colors and how you placed the people. I think what would really help this piece is two things. One, you might want to get more variety in your line thicknesses, but not just for varieties sake. Shadowy areas could use thick lines, the really lit areas could use an almost transparent line. You have done that in some places, but it just needs a little bit more. Second, I think you need to think about where the light is coming from and how far it is from the subject. I tried to sketch some ideas out here, but ultimately what you want is to have the closest people have the most light, an the onse further from the lantern have less of an impact, and you finally need more shadows on the floor to show how that lantern is blocked by the figures, giving those people more substance.
    Again, I love your work, love the colors and the idea of what looks like to be people who live and work together all the time.

Nasser

Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Nasser Elsamadisy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NSamadisy For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.