Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir_Cam's Art Stuff

Thanks
    Sorry for the yellow tint, I had to artificially darken these sketches on the computer because they were too light to be seen. Expect a lot more of these.
    "Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours." -Richard Bach

Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 716 Posts
    Cool anatomy studies, really exploratorial. I like your sense of line as well

-E

Thanks
    These are all great! Specially like the tone studies in earlier posts, would be nice to see some more of these. Do you work anything from live model??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexSoder View Post
    These are all great! Specially like the tone studies in earlier posts, would be nice to see some more of these. Do you work anything from live model??
    Thanks. Nope, all of these drawings have been from photos or just my imagination, I've never even once attended a life drawing class. I'm trying to get into one in the semester after next at my college though. I know how beneficial life drawing is supposed to be so I'm really looking forward to it.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Mischeviouslittleelf- Hey thanks, I believe that the key to understanding form is through line, not tone, To me, line is the basis of mass on a 2D surface such as paper through the use of cross contours. A lot of people might disagree heh.
    Last edited by Sir Cam; May 4th, 2009 at 11:41 AM.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Well, I kicked the habit of digital media so I will be posting almost exclusively pencil work for a good while. The problem is that I am quite out of practice with traditional media so I've been struggling to produce anything on par with my digital drawings.

If I want to be a professional, I cannot rely on my tablet as a crutch. I've noticed after examining my pencil drawings that I have a tendency to not draw through and that in turn produces incorrect proportions so that is something that I really need to get a hold of. Figures are from photos.
    Last edited by Sir Cam; May 21st, 2009 at 07:56 PM.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    uh... really like it all... you know... you have a gift...
    My first sketchbook... wanna improve!
    I also wanna rock! ROCK! tuptuptudum...tudumtuptudum...tudumtuptudum... I - want - to - rock!

Thanks
    quackart- Thanks. Honestly, I don't compare to more than half the people here at Concept art, I'm pretty sub par.

Just some more Bridgman studies. I do plan to do more than just his hands, I'm only starting at them. I have learned a couple things while drawing these as I'm pretty weak at drawing hands and feet so I'm pleased, even if the drawings themselves aren't all that pretty.
    Last edited by Sir Cam; May 21st, 2009 at 07:54 PM.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    More great studies, and your quick gesture drawing are really really nice, great flowing lines.

It looks like you're getting your anatomy down really nicely, lets see you create things with what you've learned though. It's always good for me to take a break between my studies and have fun with what i just learned.

I'm lookin' forward to more!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AustenFM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    AustenFM-Thanks. Honestly, I am simply not ready to start having fun with being creative. I still have so many obvious technical deficiencies in my figure drawing that I just cant bare to take my mind off it. Maybe in a few more years, I'll be at a level that I'm comfortable with and can start moving on to other things like drapery, scenery, and whatnot. Until then, I'm pretty much obsessed with mastering figure drawing.

I deleted the figure drawing because it really just wasn't worth showing and the others are just some more Bridgman studies.
    Last edited by Sir Cam; May 26th, 2009 at 05:44 AM.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    I delete the tone drawing because I just cant stand to look at it. I'll post better tone work soon.
    Last edited by Sir Cam; June 8th, 2009 at 09:34 AM.

Sketchbook

Belgium, possibly to live somewhere else in the future
    Thanks
    First of all I would like to say that I'm just jealous about your work, it's just stunning! But I also would like to comment on the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Cam View Post
    AustenFM-Thanks. Honestly, I am simply not ready to start having fun with being creative. I still have so many obvious technical deficiencies in my figure drawing that I just cant bare to take my mind off it. Maybe in a few more years, I'll be at a level that I'm comfortable with and can start moving on to other things like drapery, scenery, and whatnot. Until then, I'm pretty much obsessed with mastering figure drawing.
    No offence here, I really think you're great but, I think this is totally bollocks. I mean, you will never be able to start doing your own thing if you think like that. Face it, you weren't satisfied with your skills when you started, you are (after how many years of drawing?) still not satisfied at this point and that won't change in the future. Even the greatest masters want to improve, but yet they're nailing it down and stun people with they work. That didn't happen because they waited "until they felt ready for it", it happened because they did it. And I command you to do the same!! But seriously, you have the potential and you can only learn from it.

One last thought, what would drive you if there is nothing more to learn.
    Sketchbook

Some advice would be nice

Don't take my advice too seriously, I'm just a newbie

Thanks
    Draco Dralion- I get that a lot, lol. Personally, I only start having fun when my work comes out well from a technical standpoint. Creativity is just icing on the cake for me, but not the cake itself. I could talk all day on the subject, but there's really no point in going too far into all of it. I am just very very career oriented right now and with my current skills, I simply would not be able to compete with the pros. So I'll keep practicing until I can.

Anyways, I have identified a few of my problems when working with traditional media by tracing over them on the computer and spotting patterns regarding what I find myself fixing most often and then adjusting my traditional drawing habits accordingly. Here are a few of the tracings with the original drawings still visible underneath. I occasionally did the same drawing a second time with the problems I had doing it the first time in mind.

Sketchbook

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast